MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #41
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I don't condone running. I don't condone the use of lethal force to stop a bike either.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off-duty cop shoots combative patient cuong-nutz The Circus 1 09-11-2015 07:32 PM
Cop Shoots Chase Suspect... NewRider Off Topic 23 12-27-2011 11:24 AM
doesn't pay to be stupid. cop shoots dude witchdoctor575 Off Topic 8 06-27-2011 08:15 AM
DEA cop shoots himself j14 Off Topic 21 11-21-2005 09:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #42
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

What an idiot, Just cause he was riding on a suspended license does not mean he was going to jail. Even if he did he wouldve been booked and sent on his way. Now he has a full rap sheet from this, and wont have a chance in at getting his license back for a long long time. Not to mention having a hole or 2 in his leg.

So mister runner, hows that suspended license and ticket looking now?
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #43
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

If you want to fight the institution you better bring more that a 1 man wolf pack...
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #44
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post
So mister runner, hows that suspended license and ticket looking now?
Like a Festivus miracle
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #45
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Like a Festivus miracle
Maybe they will wrap his jail cell bars in a bow and put some mistle toe in there for him and bubba?
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #46
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Why would you run towards the city???

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #47
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I don't condone running. I don't condone the use of lethal force to stop a bike either.
This ^ Tough crowd in here...
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #48
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Bet he wont run again tho.....to me the system worked.

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #49
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
This ^ Tough crowd in here...
Till they are wronged in the slightest. Then they are all about the rants
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Takes me 17-18 min to get from 1-2 east of 99 to post oak along westpark
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #51
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103 View Post
cops shooting at people wtf? there's got to be more to the story.
I agree - even the chronicle story doesn't give enough info for me to think shooting was justified.

From what I read there was NO reason at all to use deadly force to address a simple moving violation. So the dude was speeding so what - WTF? Call it in - run the plates and go sit at his house. Easy.

Try to kill a dude for allegedly speeding? That is messed up.

Cops are getting to gun happy/ taser happy - its time for them to see time behind bars.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #52
Bart
Thread killer

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
your an idiot
Good grammar: the difference between knowing your , and knowing you're
Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #53
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
I agree - even the chronicle story doesn't give enough info for me to think shooting was justified.

From what I read there was NO reason at all to use deadly force to address a simple moving violation. So the dude was speeding so what - WTF? Call it in - run the plates and go sit at his house. Easy.

Try to kill a dude for allegedly speeding? That is messed up.

Cops are getting to gun happy/ taser happy - its time for them to see time behind bars.
Shoulda pitted his , less chance of a stray bullet

FYI, they did wht they did for running, not speeding.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #54
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Running is stupid but so is trying to kill the pilot of a 500 lb missile flying down the freeway.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #55
Joshua42007

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

that's crazy. Yes, you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #56
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Shoulda pitted his , less chance of a stray bullet

FYI, they did wht they did for running, not speeding.
Still doesn't rise to the use of deadly force.

Deadly force should be reserved for direct threat to the officer or others. Pitting a motorcycle is the same - likely to cause severe injury or death and there is NO reason to pull that move unless the rider is wanted for a violent crime. Just tag the plate, video the incident and deal with it in a safe manner.

Cops are going nuts with their power for no reason. Find the video of the officer tasing an old lady because she doesn't get out of her car.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #57
Sirreal1

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha FZ1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sirreal1
Deadly Force by police for speeding?

Hold on a minute here guys...I can't believe some of the comments I just read here....from totally insensitive to idiotic. We are talking about a young mans life here. He could have easily been hit and the wound been fatal...or caused him to crash his bike at highway speeds killing him.

OK the boy ran BUT he was only speeding...since when are police justified in using Deadly Force to stop a speeder. Heck what if you were speeding and didn't know a cop is chasing or following you? So the cop can call ahead...have his buddies waiting on the roadside to BLAST you as you go by? Heck why not just shoot any speeding bikes as they go by? (with the intent to disable it of course...meanwhile if they kill the rider...OOPS...missed...dammit...sorry) Oh wait..they could make machine guns with a radar detector on top so they could get the speed and shoot without delay. Ridiculous isn't it?

I can't help but wonder if some of you would be making the same comments if the cop had killed the rider?..or if he had been one of your friends or family members? As it happens I met and talked with this young man at a meet a few weeks ago and he was a clean cut decent nice young man and certainly did not deserve to be shot for speeding or a suspended license. No one deserves that !!

I don't condone running and I won't run...even though many do...I agree take the ticket...but I do NOT agree with cops shooting someone for a traffic offense...or even if it was Felony Evasion. As a former cop I can sympathize with the frustration of the police at times but cool heads should prevail. Mature sensible cops won't even chase a bike at high speed...it can only lead to something more serious. Perhaps some of you should take a look at Texas DPS rules on the use of Deadly Force. Fortunately this young mans life was spared in this instance. I hope the boy gets a good lawyer....this was very
wrong !!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #58
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308cc View Post
Word, I was riding one day, going to work back from lunchbreak. I was a little late and there was a rolling roadblock up ahead. As soon as I had room, I dropped a couple of gears and squirted by. I think I hit 120mph, as soon as I dropped the throttle I check my mirror, it was full of Harris County Constable. I immediately pulled over, cut the ignition, flipped my visor and calmly waited for the punishment.
The Constable:
"Thank you for not running. If your license checks out, I"ll let you go with a warning"

I got a warning for failure to use my signal. Cops aren't all douches, and always pull over for them
THAT. You younger may like playing stupid games but the playing Russian roulette with the PD is ALOT nicer on the side of the road if the worse thing that can happen is a ticket...... Your life isn't worth it.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #59
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirreal1 View Post
Hold on a minute here guys...I can't believe some of the comments I just read here....from totally insensitive to idiotic. We are talking about a young mans life here. He could have easily been hit and the wound been fatal...or caused him to crash his bike at highway speeds killing him.

OK the boy ran BUT he was only speeding...since when are police justified in using Deadly Force to stop a speeder. Heck what if you were speeding and didn't know a cop is chasing or following you? So the cop can call ahead...have his buddies waiting on the roadside to BLAST you as you go by? Heck why not just shoot any speeding bikes as they go by? (with the intent to disable it of course...meanwhile if they kill the rider...OOPS...missed...dammit...sorry) Oh wait..they could make machine guns with a radar detector on top so they could get the speed and shoot without delay. Ridiculous isn't it?

I can't help but wonder if some of you would be making the same comments if the cop had killed the rider?..or if he had been one of your friends or family members? As it happens I met and talked with this young man at a meet a few weeks ago and he was a clean cut decent nice young man and certainly did not deserve to be shot for speeding or a suspended license. No one deserves that !!

I don't condone running and I won't run...even though many do...I agree take the ticket...but I do NOT agree with cops shooting someone for a traffic offense...or even if it was Felony Evasion. As a former cop I can sympathize with the frustration of the police at times but cool heads should prevail. Mature sensible cops won't even chase a bike at high speed...it can only lead to something more serious. Perhaps some of you should take a look at Texas DPS rules on the use of Deadly Force. Fortunately this young mans life was spared in this instance. I hope the boy gets a good lawyer....this was very
wrong !!
Why should we be sensitive to a rider that ignores the law, ignores police officers and ignores the innocent lifes of the people around him? Im glad he got "Detained" before he could cause real damage. I dont know the guy and truthfully I could care less, he is the reason that police officers act this way when they come up to a MC'er. I believe this country is becoming too sensitive nowadays too law breakers. You can literally get away with murder with a slap on the hand these days. Thats why people like this do what they do and aren't afraid of consequences. Now if the cop shot an innocent pedestrian then yes, the cop should receive just as harsh a consequence for his action BUT thats why Peace officers are suppose to be WELL TRAINED and we allow them to be in office and the keepers of our community but thats a responsibility they have to live up to.

Its funny, I work with a middle eastern guy and to listen to his stories, its hilarious. He says that the US laws and punishments are a joke. You steal, you get a little jail time......you rape, you get a little jail time.....you murder, you may get life in prison.....way to considerate. He says that in his home country, you could see a wallet in the bathroom for 3 weeks cause everybody knows if you get caught stealing, you lose your hand or fingers. You get caught raping someone, you get life. You run from the cops you get a whooping and many many years in prison, wether you were just speeding or not, you break the law, the law breaks you.....simple. I bet if the US started implementing this kinda of mindset we would have a lot safer communtiy

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #60
Litos

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha Raider
2009 Buell XB12
2003 Ninja 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post