MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #61
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

I had ONE experience with that dealer and it was pretty on par with everything OP said.

I went to them because my brand new '10 R1 with less than 1000 miles on it had a bad cam chain tensioner, and the dealer I bought the bike from wasn't willing to replace it because "it already had the updated tensioner." Also my right footpeg mount BENT outwards mid corner. Anyway I get there and they agree that those two items (quoting mike heijl here) "without a doubt need to be replaced." Well fast forward to a almost a week later and they finally call me to get my bike. Go to pick it up and the peg and mount have been replaced, but the tensioner has not. Their excuse "it already has the updated one" okay but clearly the updated tensioner is not working, because the thing rattles like crazy on start up "I agree with you but they wont cover it under warranty so you'll have to pay" Okay just get my bike. They bring my bike out, I ask for help loading it up since I didn't bring my own ramps. Well 45 minutes later they help me get my bike in the truck. I get it home, all seems well and good, rode it to work, come back home and notice a huge oil spot on the ground where the bike was parked. Well I look the bike over and the right side has oil ALL OVER the plastics. WTF, pull the tank off and the top of the engine is completely covered in oil, but it's not from the bike. It's clean oil. I look closer and it looks like someone spilled oil all over my bike, but only bothered to wipe up the tank and gauges. There was still some oil left in crevices on the gauge cluster. I called them and the person on the phone actually said this to me "well it's just oil, you can clean it up." I never heard anything back from them until I got my service review from yamaha and gave them a bad review. Then Mike Heijl started calling me like crazy, but I wasn't interested in listening to excuses, and just decided not to go there anymore...

anywho, I'll stop rambling now, sorry things got for you OP.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha - Please help me Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-23-2013 03:13 PM
Katy Yamaha. Yamawhore General Discussion (Moto Related) 132 04-13-2009 05:30 PM
Katy M&G this Thurs. 12-20 @ 7:30pm Read 4 Details!!! PoPoRiderRR Events, Meets and Rides 18 12-20-2007 05:20 PM
If you're bored.... read some .... Los Off Topic 1 12-14-2006 10:40 AM
STUNT CONTEST! KING AINT GOT ON ME! PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 11-01-2005 02:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #62
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

regarding new rim vs repainting. I'd want a new OEM rim/finish. Not repainted by some random shop on a budget and hope it weathers as well.
The shop can then refinish my old wheel (which they now own) and use it as needed to swap out as other customers want aftermarket coating, give them a screaming deal on a used wheel, etc etc.
My bike had a factory finish before the mistake, and I'd want one afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
I had ONE experience with that dealer and it was pretty on par with everything OP said.
Same here. My story is worse... but no sense in going into it. Luckily it was a bike we used rarely, eventually got it back, and we are able to finish the work they didn't.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #63
Lucar

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Quote:

I went to them because my brand new '10 R1 with less than 1000 miles on it had a bad cam chain tensioner, and the dealer I bought the bike from wasn't willing to replace it because "it already had the updated tensioner." Also my right footpeg mount BENT outwards mid corner. Anyway I get there and they agree that those two items (quoting mike heijl here) "without a doubt need to be replaced." Well fast forward to a almost a week later and they finally call me to get my bike. Go to pick it up and the peg and mount have been replaced, but the tensioner has not. Their excuse "it already has the updated one" okay but clearly the updated tensioner is not working, because the thing rattles like crazy on start up "I agree with you but they wont cover it under warranty so you'll have to pay" Okay just get my bike. They bring my bike out, I ask for help loading it up since I didn't bring my own ramps. Well 45 minutes later they help me get my bike in the truck. I get it home, all seems well and good, rode it to work, come back home and notice a huge oil spot on the ground where the bike was parked. Well I look the bike over and the right side has oil ALL OVER the plastics. WTF, pull the tank off and the top of the engine is completely covered in oil, but it's not from the bike. It's clean oil. I look closer and it looks like someone spilled oil all over my bike, but only bothered to wipe up the tank and gauges. There was still some oil left in crevices on the gauge cluster. I called them and the person on the phone actually said this to me "well it's just oil, you can clean it up." I never heard anything back from them until I got my service review from yamaha and gave them a bad review. Then Mike Heijl started calling me like crazy, but I wasn't interested in listening to excuses, and just decided not to go there anymore...

, sounds like they really need to get together with their personel.. I wouldn't even dare taking a bike in there after reading so many reviews.. one or two are acceptable, but things such as this..??
wether my bike is $3k or $30k it makes no difference if they can't take care of customer's property

bad business practices..
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #64
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:

wow
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #65
FowleR6

Went down there before they opened and they pulled my bike around totally repaired. Still don't know how the 2 main mechanics failed to see it in the shop.
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #66
ninenine
cmra expert

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Went down there before they opened and they pulled my bike around totally repaired. Still don't know how the 2 main mechanics failed to see it in the shop.
with all your comments
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #67
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Young man, nothing personal, but it sounds like you don't have too many years of work experience.

Their shop - any place of business, dealership of anything or otherwise - is going to focus on "revenue generating activity". If your tire is under warranty, the dealership may or may not get reimbursed by corporate Yamaha; if they do, it will be only for the expenses of the repair. Customers who are there spending money will get first place on the priority list.

Boo-hoo, they scratched your rim. A high-quality shop will have lower instances of making mistakes like this, but they still happen. You can take it to the bank that the service writer or mechanic who takes your bike in is going to tell you that they'll have it ready by end-of-day "tomorrow". They're not going to tell you that even though they're half-heartedly sorry about your rim, it's super-low priority, especially after a scratch occurred while they were replacing a tire at their expense. They won't tell you that they'll get around to it only after the other (paying) customers have been taken care of.

Like has been said, the receptionist who answers the phone isn't going to know jack squat about the status of any particular bike. Most likely she would have transferred you to someone who would know, except that you called right at closing time. The mechanics are pulling the bikes back into the shop and doing everything they can to go home as fast as possible.

Seriously, you're going tell the world to never go there, because they took one day longer than they said, to paint over a scratch that occurred during a service that you didn't even pay for? Seriously?

And you're going to take pictures and post them to your stupid facebook, before blazing them on other social media sites?

Dude, seriously... just go to auto zone and buy some reasonably-priced paint that will do the job. Paint it yourself. Take pictures, and save your receipts. Go talk to the GENERAL manager, and ask if he would make things right: either reimburse you for the cost of the paint plus a few bucks for your effort, or give you some serious store credit.

And for goodness sake, don't go on some childish whiny smear campaign until you've got your bike in your garage and know for a fact that you'll never go there again. Better yet, don't do it at all.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #68
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Young man, nothing personal, but it sounds like you don't have too many years of work experience.

Their shop - any place of business, dealership of anything or otherwise - is going to focus on "revenue generating activity". If your tire is under warranty, the dealership may or may not get reimbursed by corporate Yamaha; if they do, it will be only for the expenses of the repair. Customers who are there spending money will get first place on the priority list.

Boo-hoo, they scratched your rim. A high-quality shop will have lower instances of making mistakes like this, but they still happen. You can take it to the bank that the service writer or mechanic who takes your bike in is going to tell you that they'll have it ready by end-of-day "tomorrow". They're not going to tell you that even though they're half-heartedly sorry about your rim, it's super-low priority, especially after a scratch occurred while they were replacing a tire at their expense. They won't tell you that they'll get around to it only after the other (paying) customers have been taken care of.

Like has been said, the receptionist who answers the phone isn't going to know jack squat about the status of any particular bike. Most likely she would have transferred you to someone who would know, except that you called right at closing time. The mechanics are pulling the bikes back into the shop and doing everything they can to go home as fast as possible.

Seriously, you're going tell the world to never go there, because they took one day longer than they said, to paint over a scratch that occurred during a service that you didn't even pay for? Seriously?

And you're going to take pictures and post them to your stupid facebook, before blazing them on other social media sites?

Dude, seriously... just go to auto zone and buy some reasonably-priced paint that will do the job. Paint it yourself. Take pictures, and save your receipts. Go talk to the GENERAL manager, and ask if he would make things right: either reimburse you for the cost of the paint plus a few bucks for your effort, or give you some serious store credit.

And for goodness sake, don't go on some childish whiny smear campaign until you've got your bike in your garage and know for a fact that you'll never go there again. Better yet, don't do it at all.
Bart, while you make some logic out of this, the guy did prepay for the service (in the form of insurance). Everyone regardless should be treated as a valued customer (it is what customer service is about). I agree that the drama that was presented was over the top.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #69
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:

I agree with a few things and also disagree. If someone calls me at my office that is not my client i will help them with whatever they need. People remember the little things as well. Every person calling your place of business is important.

And you must not have much to do. I did not read your whole post and i am on the at the moment
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #70
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:

Agreed. OP even worked there and is still blasting them on MH. I know the owners, they are very very good people. A quick phone call to them would have had all this sorted out.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #71
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Agreed. OP even worked there and is still blasting them on MH. I know the owners, they are very very good people. A quick phone call to them would have had all this sorted out.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement