MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
FowleR6

Feedback Rating: (0)

*MUST READ* Do not take your to Katy Yamaha... Ever!

This is an update on one of my previous threads. I was told by members to update them on my situation with Katy Yamaha, so here it is. (Previous thread is below.)

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244353

Some background info for some of y'all who aren't aware of everything. I'm a former employee of Katy Yamaha. I was their 17 year old shop/showroom porter. I'm greatly thankful for them believing in giving me my first high school job. However, I took my bike in to Katy Yamaha because I had a nail in my rear tire. I have a tire protection plan from them which means if I pop a tire, I get a new free tire. I paid $270 for 3 years and this warranty consists of no deductible. (No brainer if you ask me.) when technician Jerry Wilcox was mounting my tire, he scratched my rim. After the weekend I went back to Katy Yamaha and they told me they would airbrush my rim for me for free. I was told by the sales manager Branden Williamson that my bike would be ready by the end of today. (I dropped my bike off there yesterday around 1:00PM.)

This is where it gets great: I call 30 minutes before closing, asking the status of my bike. The receptionist said she would call be back. Now 5 minutes before closing she hasn't called me back so I call them again. She then goes in the shop and asks two technicians where my bike is. Both of them say WE DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE BIKE IS. They then told me that Brandon, the one who's supposed to be taking care of this, is in Galveston. (Same person who said it would be ready today, and the only person who knows where my bike is.) basically they tell me I'm SOL and they can't do anything to find my bike. So I message Branden over Facebook and ask him what the deal is. The read receipt says "read" and he won't message me back. This is the same man who sent me three Facebook messages asking me to take the picture of my scratched rim off of Facebook. (Ironic how eager he was to talk to me when I had that picture on Facebook.)

In addition, I have seen foul play on customers bikes while I worked there. You can constantly see technicians doing wheelies in the parking lot, on CUSTOMER'S BIKES. One technician 12 o clocked a quad and covered up the scratches by grinding the rear rack, painting it, and covering the marks with mud.

For every member's well being I believe it is was my right to inform everyone about this. I don't want any of y'all to have to experience this. I've had nothing but good luck at Wild West Honda so if you're in the Katy region, go there.

I will be going down there tomorrow right when they open to figure out what the is going on.

Last edited by FowleR6; 12-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha - Please help me Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-23-2013 03:13 PM
Katy Yamaha. Yamawhore General Discussion (Moto Related) 132 04-13-2009 05:30 PM
Katy M&G this Thurs. 12-20 @ 7:30pm Read 4 Details!!! PoPoRiderRR Events, Meets and Rides 18 12-20-2007 05:20 PM
If you're bored.... read some .... Los Off Topic 1 12-14-2006 10:40 AM
STUNT CONTEST! KING AINT GOT ON ME! PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 11-01-2005 02:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

WOW.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Sucks that happened to you, but of you've witnessed the shenanigans of those employees why on earth would you trust them with your bike?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Lucar

Member Garage

Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
Sucks that happened to you, but of you've witnessed the shenanigans of those employees why on earth would you trust them with your bike?
Remember I have a tire warranty so in order to not pay out of pocket, they have to buy and mount the tire.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Remember I have a tire warranty so in order to not pay out of pocket, they have to buy and mount the tire.
I understand that. However, the other customers WERE paying out of pocket. In any case, I hope this gets resolved. I'd be fkn livid.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Take them a wheel only in the future. So Im right that we are to believe that he is out riding your bike?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
speedoeffect

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Left a majesty there for a damage estimate this summer. After a week and a half. No word. Made calls etc. etc. Finally just went and picked up my ! Had the bike for mire than two weeks. I almost bought an R1 there, glad I didn't!
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
FowleR6

Quote:
I understand that. However, the other customers WERE paying out of pocket. In any case, I hope this gets resolved. I'd be fkn livid.
Even though I wasn't paying out of pocket, they should still show me and my motorcycle some respect. Especially since I used to work for them. Any customer should be treated professionally.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Take them a wheel only in the future. So Im right that we are to believe that he is out riding your bike?
I was just told by one of my friends that still works there that my bike is plain as day right next to his service life. I don't know what the is going on.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Even though I wasn't paying out of pocket, they should still show me and my motorcycle some respect. Especially since I used to work for them. Any customer should be treated professionally.
I agree. I'm just saying that after seeing that there's no way in is ever go there as a customer. you blasting that on fb again?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Blast away
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
FowleR6

Quote:
I agree. I'm just saying that after seeing that there's no way in is ever go there as a customer. you blasting that on fb again?
It's taking every once of maturity not to post this thread on Katy Yamahas Facebook and tag all of the employees, management, and my moto friends. The only thing I put on Facebook was a picture of my scratched rim, I didn't even say that Katy Yamaha did it!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You should wait till you get it back. Seriously
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You should wait till you get it back. Seriously
That is EXACTLY what I'm doing.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
Azylum
The Chosen One

Post when u get it back. I'll blast it too. Lol
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
FowleR6

Quote:
Post when u get it back. I'll blast it too. Lol
Haha sounds good, I'll get down there 30 minutes before they open to make sure they don't do something to the bike.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Oh , I would have gone ape man.

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd here
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
Oh , I would have gone ape man.
Someone needs to bring a video camera tomorrow and film my dad... Lol he won't let me go down there alone.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
blackmon3y

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

That's fckd up bro I'm glad u have to put this out there I had a problem with a different shop a while back and posted it on here and it backfired on me and pretty much everyone took everything I said out of context either way point was made and glad I did it. You should call the corporate office and watch how fast people get on the problem jump to the top of chain of command before some one at the base level discourages u from takin the best action in order to get the problem solved and fully compensated for what has happened from the ignorance and laziness
blackmon3y is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement