MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
Valentina

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Honda V 4 i
Suzuki GSXR750
Aprillia scarabeo 50
Honda CBR600RR
Honda cbr125rr

Actually, working in the restraunt, I saw a lot of cops make questionable decisions.. Most of it involved sexually harrassing females. But not always.. officer Cook used to always shaft us all too.. that his 20% police discount wasnt enough.. Anyways he went to pay his tab once, half a blunt fell from his wallet when he removed his card, he just looked at me and was like, you didnt see that. I thought forsure I'd finally get a tip outta him... Nope, stiffed me again.

Sorry to say, though they may have wanted to ticket you, they probably found it attractive to see a chick on a bike and were going to just try to stop you and Harrass you.[/QUOTE]
I get upset when i hear stories like this...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
cops delinquent General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 08-08-2008 07:04 PM
COPS! Solracer Off Topic 34 07-22-2008 11:17 AM
Cops. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 40 05-11-2007 09:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #42
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

I got pulled over once doing exactly 35 in a 35 with a digital readout. The officer just wanted to talk about the car I was driving. He told me he had never seen one of them before.

I asked him how fast I was going and he hesitated and reluctantly claimed 41...

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #43
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
hey i've been driving by your house every day for weeks now and NOW you say whats up
yea she wants to tell you to your face to stop stalking her

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #44
Valentina

Bike(s):
Honda V 4 i
Suzuki GSXR750
Aprillia scarabeo 50
Honda CBR600RR
Honda cbr125rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
yea she wants to tell you to your face to stop stalking her
who are you???
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #45
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Do you have a license plate light? They were probably going to give you a ticket, and were shocked to see a girl riding.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
Valentina

Bike(s):
Honda V 4 i
Suzuki GSXR750
Aprillia scarabeo 50
Honda CBR600RR
Honda cbr125rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Do you have a license plate light? They were probably going to give you a ticket, and were shocked to see a girl riding.
no...i dont...
Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #47
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Do you want to hear from a cop about what I think they were up to, or do you want to hear from a bunch of cop haters?

I think what they were up to can be more blamed on your cop hater buddies here. Think about that one for a minute.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #48
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Do you want to hear from a cop about what I think they were up to, or do you want to hear from a bunch of cop haters?

I think what they were up to can be more blamed on your cop hater buddies here. Think about that one for a minute.
I don't hate cops at all. Some of my best friends are cops, and I've made it a point to get to know the cops who work my neighborhood. That does not negate the fact that I have been pulled over because the man wanted to talk to me.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #49
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

I don't hate cops! I hate !!!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #50
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I don't hate cops at all. Some of my best friends are cops, and I've made it a point to get to know the cops who work my neighborhood. That does not negate the fact that I have been pulled over because the man wanted to talk to me.
Wasn't talking about you specifically, Squoddy.

I was trying to gauge, before I weighed in, if an honest answer would be worth the effort.

Consider for a second that it's almost an epidemic of sportbikers running from the law, and it's almost an epidemic of sportbikes being stolen. These are absolutely true, it's not something I would even want to debate. Now ask yourself - reading over what they did in the OP - what they were up to.

And then try to justify all the negative comments that took up three whole pages of this forum.

Last edited by LCLF Brain; 12-23-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #51
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
no...i dont...
Buy a cheap led flashlight, and tape it somewhere where it shines on your license plate. Do you have mirrors yet? Do you need my extra lowered kickstand? Let me know, I can help.
Send me a text.

Last edited by CraigRR; 12-23-2012 at 02:37 AM.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #52
smokinjoe
Señor Membero

Bike(s):
Honor Cycle 5000
╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to smokinjoe
sounds like some LEO's and others have voiced their opinions and i guess i'll respond...

i have nothing against cops or authority blah blah blah but speculating law enforcement can change people's lives -- say cops think folks are doing wrong? they'll find these suspected "wrongdoers" guilty of whatever and run them through the system to make sure their "gut feeling" is helping society.

yes there are bad apples that push the limits of the law but not everyone on a bike is down to run from the popo.

this thread is about why a cutie got followed home right??? i voiced my opinion on what the cops were doing, can a law enforcement step up and give their side of their story??
Old 12-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #53
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:

This!!!!

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #54
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Wasn't talking about you specifically, Squoddy.

I was trying to gauge, before I weighed in, if an honest answer would be worth the effort.

Consider for a second that it's almost an epidemic of sportbikers running from the law, and it's almost an epidemic of sportbikes being stolen. These are absolutely true, it's not something I would even want to debate. Now ask yourself - reading over what they did in the OP - what they were up to.

And then try to justify all the negative comments that took up three whole pages of this forum.
I admit that there may be a valid reason for the police to 'check' out that bike closely, but you have to admit that sometimes cops just want to talk. It goes both ways. There are a hand full of bikers who give us all a bad name, just as there are a hand full of dirty cops who give you all a bad name.

In my experience, like I have already stated, most of the cops I know are good, hard working people who just have a job to do.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #55
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I think they just wanted to get a better look at the big "S"
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #56
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
i have nothing against cops or authority blah blah blah but speculating law enforcement can change people's lives -- say cops think folks are doing wrong? they'll find these suspected "wrongdoers" guilty of whatever and run them through the system to make sure their "gut feeling" is helping society.
Two things.

1 - If cops don't "speculate" someone doing something wrong, they'd never catch anybody, ever. A cop's job is to look for lawbreakers. The "OMG A COP WAS LOOKING AT ME, PIGS!!!" is such a useless rant. Used to be that people were happy when a cop was out patrolling and keeping his eyes open.

2 - Cops don't "find suspected wrongdoers guilty" of anything. It takes a jury of your peers to do that. Cops are just the messengers, the delivery boys. If you get found guilty of something, you can blame those twelve people... or better yet, blame yourself, because you probably did it.

Squoddy - Sounds like you had a legitimate complaint and you did... nothing. The cop is still out there. You have no moral grounds to even bring it up. I know this is a bitter pill to take, but it is the truth.

Killswitch - OMG a cop flirted with a waitress. You know how many times I've been hit on by waitresses? I believe that story about undressing on the side of the road when me turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet (full credit to Broken Lizard). But even if it did happen, and she didn't make a formal complaint and get that cop or cops off the force, she has no moral grounds to even talk about it.

You know how many chicks I've had flash me trying to get out of a ticket? Hundreds. You know how many I've written tickets too? EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I'll bet my last dollar that the majority of them left talking about me to their friends, about how horrible I was, and that I tried to hustle them in order to let them off.

There are twenty THOUSAND cops in the Houston region. OF COURSE there will be a few that go wrong. But if you don't do about it, don't complain about it elsewhere. And I'm not talking about whiny complaints about rude cops on traffic stops. Getting a ticket is a rude event. Nothing pleasant about it. Buck up, be an adult, and deal with it.

As for the OP, there were a couple of marked patrol units that were taking a look at someone on a sportbike. I highly doubt they were poaching the poontang. Cops get TONS of groupie chicks if they want them... If they're looking at sportbikes, it's most probably because a lot of them are stolen or one has run from someone recently. Contrary to popular belief, we actually do manage to solve crimes and do our jobs.

Last edited by LCLF Brain; 12-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #57
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Probably the lack of a plate light and clearly visible inspection sticker, based on my knowledge of your bike.

P
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #58
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Probably the lack of a plate light and clearly visible inspection sticker, based on my knowledge of your bike.

P
no mirrors. I would let her borrow mine until she could afford a pair. I guess she has other priorities.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #59
phantomzrex

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.

Quote:
Two things.

1 - If cops don't "speculate" someone doing something wrong, they'd never catch anybody, ever. A cop's job is to look for lawbreakers. The "OMG A COP WAS LOOKING AT ME, PIGS!!!" is such a useless rant. Used to be that people were happy when a cop was out patrolling and keeping his eyes open.

2 - Cops don't "find suspected wrongdoers guilty" of anything. It takes a jury of your peers to do that. Cops are just the messengers, the delivery boys. If you get found guilty of something, you can blame those twelve people... or better yet, blame yourself, because you probably did it.

Squoddy - Sounds like you had a legitimate complaint and you did... nothing. The cop is still out there. You have no moral grounds to even bring it up. I know this is a bitter pill to take, but it is the truth.

Killswitch - OMG a cop flirted with a waitress. You know how many times I've been hit on by waitresses? I believe that story about undressing on the side of the road when me turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet (full credit to Broken Lizard). But even if it did happen, and she didn't make a formal complaint and get that cop or cops off the force, she has no moral grounds to even talk about it.

You know how many chicks I've had flash me trying to get out of a ticket? Hundreds. You know how many I've written tickets too? EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I'll bet my last dollar that the majority of them left talking about me to their friends, about how horrible I was, and that I tried to hustle them in order to let them off.

There are twenty THOUSAND cops in the Houston region. OF COURSE there will be a few that go wrong. But if you don't do about it, don't complain about it elsewhere. And I'm not talking about whiny complaints about rude cops on traffic stops. Getting a ticket is a rude event. Nothing pleasant about it. Buck up, be an adult, and deal with it.

As for the OP, there were a couple of marked patrol units that were taking a look at someone on a sportbike. I highly doubt they were poaching the poontang. Cops get TONS of groupie chicks if they want them... If they're looking at sportbikes, it's most probably because a lot of them are stolen or one has run from someone recently. Contrary to popular belief, we actually do manage to solve crimes and do our jobs.
Just wanted to voice my 0.02 cents-on your #1 most people are still quite happy that the police are patrolling, Me included where would we be without yall, But not when the only thing that they are doing is trying to find a reason to pull you over, and you can't tell me that yall don't most police i see seem to be running every tag they possibly can while going down the road-all the while checking lights, speed and how people drive, of course police make some people nervous and don't like seeing LEO's behind or near them, Because if they get pulled over for whatever reason its going to cost them money. And another thing why give these girls a hard time like Squoddy She chose not to make a big deal out of it, And she does'nt need to be chastized for bringing it up on a public forum the other girl does'nt deserve it either, Sounds like you are just a little bit angry which is not surprising considering some of the things that were said here, Maybe you should take some of this with a grain of salt, cause its just a lot of people venting and having fun on the internet. You should know for a fact that if there was an emergency anyone of these good folks would be happy to see you. Be safe out there and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #60
cychotic
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement