MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Dirt Bike Lifts

Are these lifts any good for bike maintenance?

http://www.discountramps.com/mx-lift.htm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pit bike / Play bike ride day?? Dirt SMOKEUM28 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 04-19-2010 02:40 PM
got a dirt bike :) paniro187 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 27 06-30-2009 09:11 AM
dirt bike help BYRDMAN Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 12-08-2008 12:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
longboarder65

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Husaberg TE 300-plated
KTM 690R
KTM 250SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
Are these lifts any good for bike maintenance?

http://www.discountramps.com/mx-lift.htm
I have a friend who has one and he loves it. It is held securely in the stand with bolts so it won't fall over on your when you have it jacked up.
longboarder65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
magzx12r

Thanks. Does he have this exact one or another brand?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
longboarder65

Feedback Rating: (0)

Husaberg TE 300-plated
KTM 690R
KTM 250SX

I'm not sure of the brand. It looks like the one he has. He is out for the rest of the year so I can't ask him.
longboarder65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
magzx12r

I ordered a similar lift off of ebay today. I will report back once it comes in and I get to test it out.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i had a craftsman jack lift similar to these and I liked/disliked it at the same time. It was cool for rolling it around (mine had locking casters); but, most of my 4-stroke maintenance is done on the top end, so I prefer it to be lower rather than higher so I can peek down at the head. It will get both wheels off the ground for tire changes, pulling suspension components, and keep the bike from falling over, but I think these are overkill for the average guy. At least my craftsman lift was. The major downside to it is weight and size.

that 4 in 1 stand that I got from you has been one of my favorite shop pieces once I got used to using it. i think i will always have one of them for maintaining the bike. i mostly use it in "wheel chock" position.

The next stand that I use almost always is my Rhino foot lift stand. It will get both wheels off the ground. it's great for everything I can think of maintenance-wise, and it's small and lightweight and goes in the truck with the bike. I don't necessarily suggest the brand so much as the type. I think this style can be found from anywhere from $30 and up to $150.

Let us know how you like what you picked up from ebay.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
iDreaM

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
13 636

They use lifts similar to that at EBR Performance. Held up well.
iDreaM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
magzx12r

That 4-in-1 stand is a good stand. I thought about getting another one to use as a wheel chock, but I ended up installing a kickstand on my KTM so I don't have to mess around with the rear triangle stand. Plus the kickstand is convenient if I need to get off the bike and help my son on his while out riding.

I try to do as much maintenance myself as I can on all my bikes and am tired of laying down or sitting on the garage floor to access certain parts on the bike. I wouldn't mind a big lift for my street bikes, but that will have to wait.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
magzx12r

Ended up ordering a stand from Boss Powersports. It is stable even at the highest setting:

IMG 0634 zps0d3b83b3

Advertisement