MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Rain mode? Haha.

Oh yeah you dont do rain.

A
V
I've ridden in the rain plenty, but I choose not to start a ride in the rain. I'm also smart enough not to get kicked off a forum that I "sponsored", and I also don't use 2 wheeled vehicles to ride around and evaluate used mobile homes as a "realtor".

Yea, scooters are so hard to ride that they rent them to tourists with no MC licenses or experience. Let me know when they do the same with supersports
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoHouston riding tips arturo3rd Safety Corner Main 26 08-16-2015 09:33 PM
Useful riding tips! bb4lif General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-30-2012 07:59 PM
Any tips for riding in rain? solow Safety Corner Main 43 05-20-2009 06:43 AM
Rain riding tips for the CMRA racers this weekend... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 15 04-12-2009 10:02 PM
Good riding tips. Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-10-2007 07:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







Pulled this from the tiny goose. http://littlebreva.wordpress.com/tag/breva-750/

Under normal ďrainĒ conditions (light winds, steady rains, clean roads) riding is usually a pleasure. Always keep your helmet well ventilated to avoid fogging, which can be difficult at low speeds, and give plenty of room and space for braking as it will take that much longer to stop in the rain. (And, remember, that you canít really test total traction in rain as surfaces vary greatly in the way they affect grip. Riding must therefore be slower, with longer following distances, smoother riding overall so that gear changes (especially downshifts donít take away from traction), controlled braking as jamming on brakes will significantly affect traction.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I've ridden in the rain plenty, but I choose not to start a ride in the rain. I'm also smart enough not to get kicked off a forum that I "sponsored", and I also don't use 2 wheeled vehicles to ride around and evaluate used mobile homes as a "realtor".

Yea, scooters are so hard to ride that they rent them to tourists with no MC licenses or experience. Let me know when they do the same with supersports
Haha. Yeah funny since it was a forum where nobody would ever get banned! Lol.

Oh bevo, you need more miles.
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Pulled this from the tiny goose. http://littlebreva.wordpress.com/tag/breva-750/

Under normal ďrainĒ conditions (light winds, steady rains, clean roads) riding is usually a pleasure. Always keep your helmet well ventilated to avoid fogging, which can be difficult at low speeds, and give plenty of room and space for braking as it will take that much longer to stop in the rain. (And, remember, that you canít really test total traction in rain as surfaces vary greatly in the way they affect grip. Riding must therefore be slower, with longer following distances, smoother riding overall so that gear changes (especially downshifts donít take away from traction), controlled braking as jamming on brakes will significantly affect traction.
I agree. Or you could just press a bitton and go into RAIN MODE!

Seems like riding with common sense like someone posted, however i guess they must simplify iy for some people.
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









..
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #26
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1) I've ridden in the rain plenty, but I choose not to start a ride in the rain. I'm also smart enough not to get kicked off a forum that I "sponsored", and 2) I also don't use 2 wheeled vehicles to ride around and evaluate used mobile homes as a "realtor".

3) Yea, scooters are so hard to ride that they rent them to tourists with no MC licenses or experience. Let me know when they do the same with supersports
1) Same way i feel, no fun in the rain, not even MotoGP racers like wet races but they have a job to do.

2) Now, that is freaking funny

3)Back in Taiwan, you will see 10 years old kids riding their scooters around the neighborhood, that is how difficult is to ride a scooter

4) Now lets wait for Tmax's come back....... mmmmm blah blah blah Rain Mode?
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #27
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..
 
CombatM0NKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,481

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
smooth is key.. to throttle and brake. give yourself lots of room for braking. also, buy a poncho or waterproof windbreaker/rain coat. small enough to fit in your storage or backpack. also, lots of ziplocks. =P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
you need to tell trey, "stop asking asian riders for BP dummies"...
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Have your motos even been to Arkansas. Uh. This scooter has. Im bankin all my bikes have more miles on them Each than your motos combined.

From how youre talkin, your pretty ignorant bout scooters.

So i guess what im sayin is, you need more miles too before you lecture me bout ridin. Lol.

Last edited by TMAX; 12-16-2012 at 10:44 PM.
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #29
Phiber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 416

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250








Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Have your motos even been to Arkansas. Uh. This scooter has. Im bankin all my bikes have more miles on them Each than your motos combined.

From how youre talkin, your pretty ignorant bout scooters.

So i guess what im sayin is, you need more miles too before you lecture me bout ridin. Lol.
How many miles do you have?
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #30
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Get yourself some rain gear. I avoid riding wet like the plague, but I commute so sooner or later I get caught. Got some gear at Academy for keeping me mostly dry when I do get caught. Gloves still get soaked but I can deal with that. Rub plenty of shoe polish on my boots, which keep them mostly rain proof, at least for a while.

You can't concentrate on the task at hand if your soaked to the core and freezing. The style of bike makes a difference. The V7 unfortunately is naked in more sense than one.

Keep yourself visible. If you have visibility problems, so do everybody else. Turn on the turn signals early and leave them on a bit longer. If you are cruising on the fwy, consider switching on the hazard blinkers.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
Phiber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 416

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250








Riding in the rain is a nightmare on the 'Fighter. The little Ninja offers at least some protection. I ride every day, rain or shine, cold as or hot as . I have been thoroughly drenched before. Really, the worst thing about riding in the rain is the Houstonian cagers.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #32
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
1) Have your motos even been to Arkansas. Uh. This scooter has. Im bankin all my bikes have more miles on them Each than your motos combined.

2) From how youre talkin, your pretty ignorant bout scooters.

3) So i guess what im sayin is, you need more miles too before you lecture me bout ridin. Lol.
good to see you came back with something new this time, you must have exhausted all of your neurons in the process

1) Ok lets get started here..... It's not about "how many" miles you ride.... it's about "What" you ride and "How" you ride it..... if you dont believe me then go ask any MotoGP rider how many miles they got on their bikes.... in simpler words, you could put a million miles on that scooter of yours but dont assume that because of the mileage you are a better rider or have more skills as a result of having high mileage...... Do fat people know more about food? Now some facts that is pretty irrelevant but since you mentioned Arkansas, i will respond..... No i haven't been to Arkansas, it is by choice! But i have ridden in Taiwan, China, Singapore, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Chile, all hard ridden miles as opposed to your scooter pace miles.

2) If by ignorant you mean that i do not keep track of new models coming out, motor spec and such.... YES i am! And the main reason being that i learned how to ride scooters when i was 9 years old in Taiwan, had lots of fun learning and riding the out of it until i was old enough to ride an actual motorcycle So in other words it's not that i am ignorant but simply put, "I GREW OUT OF IT" and moved on with better things to ride and learn.... maybe you should give it a try too

3) I do not need more miles than i already have, dont know if you have noticed but i am not known for being a bad rider in this community..... lecturing you? please..... i am simply debating you for FUN (Not surprised you cant make that distinction), it is by choice, just wanted to see how many neurons you have left lol Now on a serious note, i dont really like to talk about my riding, instead I always let my riding do the talking for me, action speaks louder than words!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






..
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
good to see you came back with something new this time, you must have exhausted all of your neurons in the process

1) Ok lets get started here..... It's not about "how many" miles you ride.... it's about "What" you ride and "How" you ride it..... if you dont believe me then go ask any MotoGP rider how many miles they got on their bikes.... in simpler words, you could put a million miles on that scooter of yours but dont assume that because of the mileage you are a better rider or have more skills as a result of having high mileage...... Do fat people know more about food? Now some facts that is pretty irrelevant but since you mentioned Arkansas, i will respond..... No i haven't been to Arkansas, it is by choice! But i have ridden in Taiwan, China, Singapore, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Chile, all hard ridden miles as opposed to your scooter pace miles.

2) If by ignorant you mean that i do not keep track of new models coming out, motor spec and such.... YES i am! And the main reason being that i learned how to ride scooters when i was 9 years old in Taiwan, had lots of fun learning and riding the out of it until i was old enough to ride an actual motorcycle So in other words it's not that i am ignorant but simply put, "I GREW OUT OF IT" and moved on with better things to ride and learn.... maybe you should give it a try too

3) I do not need more miles than i already have, dont know if you have noticed but i am not known for being a bad rider in this community..... lecturing you? please..... i am simply debating you for FUN (Not surprised you cant make that distinction), it is by choice, just wanted to see how many neurons you have left lol Now on a serious note, i dont really like to talk about my riding, instead I always let my riding do the talking for me, action speaks louder than words!
Wow.
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #35
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
good to see you came back with something new this time, you must have exhausted all of your neurons in the process

1) Ok lets get started here..... It's not about "how many" miles you ride.... it's about "What" you ride and "How" you ride it..... if you dont believe me then go ask any MotoGP rider how many miles they got on their bikes.... in simpler words, you could put a million miles on that scooter of yours but dont assume that because of the mileage you are a better rider or have more skills as a result of having high mileage...... Do fat people know more about food? Now some facts that is pretty irrelevant but since you mentioned Arkansas, i will respond..... No i haven't been to Arkansas, it is by choice! But i have ridden in Taiwan, China, Singapore, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Chile, all hard ridden miles as opposed to your scooter pace miles.

2) If by ignorant you mean that i do not keep track of new models coming out, motor spec and such.... YES i am! And the main reason being that i learned how to ride scooters when i was 9 years old in Taiwan, had lots of fun learning and riding the out of it until i was old enough to ride an actual motorcycle So in other words it's not that i am ignorant but simply put, "I GREW OUT OF IT" and moved on with better things to ride and learn.... maybe you should give it a try too

3) I do not need more miles than i already have, dont know if you have noticed but i am not known for being a bad rider in this community..... lecturing you? please..... i am simply debating you for FUN (Not surprised you cant make that distinction), it is by choice, just wanted to see how many neurons you have left lol Now on a serious note, i dont really like to talk about my riding, instead I always let my riding do the talking for me, action speaks louder than words!
I have never seen Frank upset. Frank is always a nice guy.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #36
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Haha RAIN MODE all u want brotha!
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #37
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I have never seen Frank upset. Frank is always a nice guy.
hahahaha, not upset.... in fact i am laughing my off and my wife is asking me what's so funny...... i am just bored so always up for a good debate, too bad it suddenly turned into a lecture
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #38
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Haha RAIN MODE all u want brotha!
Don't get me wrong, I am more than likely faster on a scooter (going up, and down stairs, through tennis courts, and shooping), but what is your point???? Do you really think you can hang with my 600??? I am not being mean, it is just a simple question.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #39
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
hahahaha, not upset.... in fact i am laughing my off and my wife is asking me what's so funny...... i am just bored so always up for a good debate, too bad it suddenly turned into a lecture
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I've ridden in the rain plenty, but I choose not to start a ride in the rain. I'm also smart enough not to get kicked off a forum that I "sponsored", and I also don't use 2 wheeled vehicles to ride around and evaluate used mobile homes as a "realtor".

Yea, scooters are so hard to ride that they rent them to tourists with no MC licenses or experience. Let me know when they do the same with supersports
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy