Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #61
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydad View Post
Sunday,

I have avoided group riding. Part of it is past experience dealing with testosterone in buckets and young men, part of it is I enjoy riding solo: riding my own ride, at my own pace, nothing to prove. Being an introvert by nature, riding is one of my breaks from my family, coworkers, and the noise of life in general. When on a bike, I focus with Zen, and don't have to be social. So, there you go.
The only reason i prefer to ride in a group is because if something happens at least you are not alone, so i feel a lot safer than just riding by myself.
C How Big Of Group Can We Get?? St. Arnolds Discussion NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 72 01-12-2013 04:20 PM
Stir the pot Friday: Another Street Riding BP Discussion Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 141 12-23-2012 03:42 PM
Group riding last night?? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-31-2009 12:50 PM
Riding in Costumes Discussion Mala Lingua Off Topic 30 10-30-2008 02:23 PM
question about group riding 05cert Events, Meets and Rides 34 07-28-2007 01:11 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #62
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
I like the back for selfish reasons. Let the leaders flush out the po po. Also if I see everyone make it through a turn safely, I have more confidence that there isn't gravel, oil, or suspiciously deceased fowl in the turn.

Speaking of the po po. Had a Manvel PD leave his radar trap in the middle of Hwy 6, make a u turn, and tail me for about a mile before he gave up at 288 and made a u ey.
The problem is that most of the time the po pos usually goes for the riderss in the back cause the ride leaders are already gone.... seen it happen time after time, the sweeper always end up taking the hit for the team.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #63
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Not a miss perse.
I wa sjust throwing up six names. His could definitely fill any one of those six slots. I was just thinking about the size of six more than the names.

We need to do that ride soon. It will be fun trying to stay on pace with no brakes!
we do that every Sunday, been doing it for a very long time, if you touch the brakes then you gotta buy drinks for everyone
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #64
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
i just ride my pace. if its at the front cool if im one or two back thats cool too.

besides if there is something in the road i do not want to be the first to hit it
yeap
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #65
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
I know enough of the good riders around here to conjure up a true "The Pace" ride. I think it will be fun and challenging if everyone agrees to the program ahead of time. All of us have seen each other at stupid speeds and we have the skills. I want to see how one of these rides goes...it definitely sounds fun!

Im gonna sign up a few right now:

"The Pace" ride sign up (not real..kinda fantasy football style but these would get er done)! I think anyone who has ridden with these guys (except me LOL) would agree!

1: Blanco
2 Craig RR
3. Jimrad
4. Queenmoka
5. Lucar
6. Bevo
You forgot Longdraw. He is a very smooth rider with years of experience
Old 12-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #66
DeadMonkey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2004 SV650S

As a less experienced rider, I can say I like to ride at the back of a pack of good riders that are going at a moderate pace. I can hang back a bit, so I don't have to push at the upper 25% of my limits, but I know I can at least go as fast as they are.

However riding in the middle of a group is nerve wracking. I don't like riding right in the same line as someone else because I'm always nervous about possible unexpected breaking, having to reduce throttle in a turn, and the potential for my inexperience to make things harder on the guy behind me.
DeadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #67
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMonkey View Post
As a less experienced rider, I can say I like to ride at the back of a pack of good riders that are going at a moderate pace. I can hang back a bit, so I don't have to push at the upper 25% of my limits, but I know I can at least go as fast as they are.

However riding in the middle of a group is nerve wracking. I don't like riding right in the same line as someone else because I'm always nervous about possible unexpected breaking, having to reduce throttle in a turn, and the potential for my inexperience to make things harder on the guy behind me.
Just take your time, and relax. We all were in the same position as you. Riding is supposed to be fun. When it becomes stressful I know I am pushing too hard, and I back off. It takes time to learn your bike. Have you had your suspension set up?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #68
DeadMonkey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2004 SV650S

Not yet, setting it up to the letter is always better, but I don't think it's holding me back yet. I think it's time to take a look though.
DeadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #69
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Patric, and the guys at Motorcycle Unlimited set mine up for around $30.. It really helps out the handeling to have the motorcycle set up for your weight.

Advertisement