MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ?
Yes, I believe that there is a 41 78.85%
No, I believe that was made up by humans 8 15.38%
I am 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #121
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Let's see where they say that in the bible. :icon_bigg
The fourth commandment of the law that gave Moses was to set aside the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as a holy day to the Lord. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Ex. 20:8). This was, and will always remain, the official Sabbath. However, after Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday, the early Christians began meeting together on this day as well as with the Jewish community in the synagogues on the Sabbath. History indicates that due to the enmity of the orthodox Jews toward the Christian Jews in their midst, the Jewish Christians were eventually ostracized. And although they were no longer bound to a rigid code of laws (Gal. 3:10-11, Col. 2:16), it is believed that they came to view Sunday as a combined observance of the Sabbath and the resurrection day of Jesus (Acts 20:7, 1 Cor. 16:2). This day of Christian worship came to be called the Lord’s Day (Rev. 1:10), a day to fellowship in celebration of the resurrection, to worship, pray and study the Word together.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
Religion is bullshit morvegil The Circus 510 10-10-2011 05:36 PM
bashing religion AliceInChains02 The Circus 90 10-14-2008 09:00 PM
What Religion are you? RojerLockless Off Topic 47 06-24-2008 11:05 AM
Do you believe in ? or Religion? 2XTURBO Off Topic 0 02-15-2007 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #122
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Let's see where they say that in the bible. :icon_bigg
The Bible has no examples of anyone who was right with but also stood alone and did not spend time with other believers. Hebrews 10:23-25 tells us clearly that we should gather together and encourage and spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
In Ephesians 5:21-33, Paul tells us how husbands and wives ought to relate to one another. There, he teaches that Christ relates to the church as if it were His “bride.” He always wants the best for her and loves the church so much that He gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25). If you told someone, “I love you and I want to have a close relationship with you, but I can’t stand being around your spouse at all,” you might get a punch in the nose! In the same way, people who say “I love Jesus, but I do not want to have anything to do with the church,” are putting up a wall between themselves and Jesus.
Using figures of speech, Ephesians 5:23 and Colossians 1:18 refer to Christ as the “head” and the church as the “body.” 1 Corinthians chapter 12 further explains how the church (the body) is made up of individuals who work together, pooling their talents, skills, and strengths—all for the purpose of helping as many people as possible get right with and grow closer to Him. To refuse to be a part of the body is to say that we do not want to follow ’s plan. In a sense, such people believe that by acting on their own that they have a better plan than does. There is a lot of arrogance in such thinking.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #123
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
As with the holes in the Big bang Theory, I believe there are holes in the Theory of Evolution. Does evolution happen? Of course, everything has to evolve to some degree to survive. Did we evolve from bacteria and apes? No idea, I see alot of gaps in the histrory of human development. So, did a meteor crash with some strain of bacteria that mutated ape DNA and was the catalyst for human development? Maybe... Or, possibly we where dropped off by aliens as a big experiment. Currently our history is so clouded that I think it is difficult to make any rational decission. I certainly do not believe the Earth is only 6000 years old and we were created from sand or however the fairy tale goes with that interpretation. i of course understand there are many ways to view what is layed out by Judeo - Christians.

My honest stance on all of this is I am Agnostic. I only began to realize this a couple of years ago. I believe as humans we do not posses the capability to truely understand if there is a or not and it is a waste of time to argue for or against it. My position is to exist within my own Microcosm to support the Macrocosm. Do I take steps to explore my own personal temple? Yes, will this lead me to , a or make me a ? I have no idea but I think this is part of our existance. And, I have hope that our existance is more then a short time on a lonely planet but, do I do not think I posses the ability to know that untill the time comes. Do I fear this time? No, because I do not entertain religion that places judgement on me.

Oh, and Karma is a ! :laughing6
Sounds like we're coming from the same place on some of our personal beliefs.
I like how Buddhism puts a lot of things, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path
It seems like Western society's more concerned with external goings on than internal, and that's why I've been slowly turning to Buddhism. i'm far from endorsing it or saying it's right, but a lot of it makes sense to me and i think it goes in a Way better direction than theistic religions.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #124
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Sounds like we're coming from the same place on some of our personal beliefs.
I like how Buddhism puts a lot of things, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path
It seems like Western society's more concerned with external goings on than internal, and that's why I've been slowly turning to Buddhism. i'm far from endorsing it or saying it's right, but a lot of it makes sense to me and i think it goes in a Way better direction than theistic religions.
You should check out the book "What the Budha tought."

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #125
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
You should check out the book "What the Budha tought."
i'll add it to my list. i haven't been reading much lately now that i'm back in school. i used to really enjoy reading, but i guess i took that passion for granted. I'd like to get a copy of the bhagavad gita as well.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #126
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
The Bible has no examples of anyone who was right with but also stood alone and did not spend time with other believers. Hebrews 10:23-25 tells us clearly that we should gather together and encourage and spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
In Ephesians 5:21-33, Paul tells us how husbands and wives ought to relate to one another. There, he teaches that Christ relates to the church as if it were His “bride.” He always wants the best for her and loves the church so much that He gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25). If you told someone, “I love you and I want to have a close relationship with you, but I can’t stand being around your spouse at all,” you might get a punch in the nose! In the same way, people who say “I love Jesus, but I do not want to have anything to do with the church,” are putting up a wall between themselves and Jesus.
Using figures of speech, Ephesians 5:23 and Colossians 1:18 refer to Christ as the “head” and the church as the “body.” 1 Corinthians chapter 12 further explains how the church (the body) is made up of individuals who work together, pooling their talents, skills, and strengths—all for the purpose of helping as many people as possible get right with and grow closer to Him. To refuse to be a part of the body is to say that we do not want to follow ’s plan. In a sense, such people believe that by acting on their own that they have a better plan than does. There is a lot of arrogance in such thinking.
Those look like interpretations... and certainly does not provide proof for how the Christian religion is structured in modern society. Plus, I have this thing with questioning anything that comes from a religion where the first half crusified the prophet worshipped in the second half.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #127
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I think the past threads have summed out how I feel about all this...

The Delusion
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21120

The Root of All Evil?
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24563

The Athiest Delusion - Checkmate! You win. :(
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21360

--
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #128
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

You guys would of loved going to UST
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #129
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Those look like interpretations... and certainly does not provide proof for how the Christian religion is structured in modern society. Plus, I have this thing with questioning anything that comes from a religion where the first half crusified the prophet worshipped in the second half.
It is listed all over the place. All you have to do is look.

Is Jesus just as pleased when we do not attend?

Listen to his words recorded in Matthew 6:33, "Seek you first the kingdom of and His righteousness". Here He is saying, that the church must be first to the Christian, even before seeking food, clothing, and shelter. The zeal of the early Christians was seen in the regularity of their meetings - weekly and often daily. Whenever and wherever Christians assemble today, faithful members endeavor to be present. It is most appropriate that this day has become the one memorial day of the gospel both by precept and by example., the day of gladness and rejoicing. It is the Lord's Day and we should use it in a manner befitting its significance.

Dangerous risks are taken in forsaking any assembly of the church: Christ may return in that hour, death may come, a life of neglect may begin, and others may be lost by a bad example.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #130
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Don't get me wrong. I believe there is a of some sort. I don't call my self a christian. I grew up around that religion and find flaws in the system. I can't stand those who say i'm catholic or christian but do not follow the ways. It has been my experiance that those people stand behind their so called faith and live poorly and while acting like a complete . Then justify their behavior to themselves by telling themselves they live by the word of .
Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #131
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
It is listed all over the place. All you have to do is look.

Is Jesus just as pleased when we do not attend?

Listen to his words recorded in Matthew 6:33, "Seek you first the kingdom of and His righteousness". Here He is saying, that the church must be first to the Christian, even before seeking food, clothing, and shelter. The zeal of the early Christians was seen in the regularity of their meetings - weekly and often daily. Whenever and wherever Christians assemble today, faithful members endeavor to be present. It is most appropriate that this day has become the one memorial day of the gospel both by precept and by example., the day of gladness and rejoicing. It is the Lord's Day and we should use it in a manner befitting its significance.

Dangerous risks are taken in forsaking any assembly of the church: Christ may return in that hour, death may come, a life of neglect may begin, and others may be lost by a bad example.
I personaly believe this to be wrong. You stated the words so i will not repeat them but, did he preach this in a temple? I think there is pressure to go to churches because the religion is a mix of what the Jews had and what the Christian Phrophet was preaching. Didn't the Jews kill the Christian prophet? And, lets not forget that the Bible is only a partial gathering of writings from the Apostles and was organized by Lord Constantine so he would not loose control of Rome due to a large Christian uprising.

Advertisement