Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ?
Yes, I believe that there is a 41 78.85%
No, I believe that was made up by humans 8 15.38%
I am 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #41
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
To reply to an earlier post that Jesus is just the son of ; Jesus is . It's called the Godhead. You have , the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Actually, if you study different types of religion or look at variations within different religions, there are many different way Jesus is viewed, from halfGod/halfHuman to prophet to 's reincarnation. It all depends on what religion you follow for the beliefs you cherish.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
Religion is bullshit morvegil The Circus 510 10-10-2011 05:36 PM
bashing religion AliceInChains02 The Circus 90 10-14-2008 09:00 PM
What Religion are you? RojerLockless Off Topic 47 06-24-2008 11:05 AM
Do you believe in ? or Religion? 2XTURBO Off Topic 0 02-15-2007 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #42
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
Actually, if you study different types of religion or look at variations within different religions, there are many different way Jesus is viewed, from halfGod/halfHuman to prophet to 's reincarnation. It all depends on what religion you follow for the beliefs you cherish.
That's true, but if you are a true Christian, then your belief is Jesus is , and anything less would be an abomination
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #43
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
That's true, but if you are a true Christian, then your belief is Jesus is , and anything less would be an abomination

:laughing6
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #44
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
small difference in being and being his only son.. but the blood line is there...

YYYYYYyaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn

IMO

Your faith is in your heart. Its not in what others see, its not in the church, its not anything that anyone can tell other than the man himself. Can I sit around and curse and never go to church and say all the time and still be a believer? Your Damned right I can. Because he knows I'm here, I know he's there, he knows I care, and I know he's fair. I think 95% of the BS that comes along with religion is BS...

i think i agree with you the most. i dont believe in religion, i do believe in spirituality<(not sure how to spell it) knows me, knows my faults, knows everything i do before i do it, and if i had any doubt about before, after my wreck, still being alive, there is no way i can deny .
I know im here for a reason, and i believe its something Big, im just waiting for to show me.

Last edited by Gimpin2Fold; 02-16-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #45
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I think this thread is potentially harmful because organized religion draws lines and fosters hatred among different cultures. Christianity and muslims are the worst. They intolerant to all other religions. If you are not a "member" then you are going to ...end of story. Question, did everyone on the planet go to before christianity was developed? I doubt it. Case in point...several people made comments about my post questioning wether or not jesus was the son of . According to the new testament he is the son. According to the old testament he is ? I read once that there were 40,000 different sects of christianity. One jesus...40 some odd thousand different beliefs = confused :eh:
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #46
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

1 Corinthians 11:3 - "But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and is the head of Christ." (NASB)
Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #47
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

you guys will love this one too. Loving and live by the bible.
Exodus 21:15 - "He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." (NASB)

Exodus 21:17 - "He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." (NASB)

Most of you people shouldn't be here. Live by the bible and kill your children when they strike you and curse you.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:39 PM   #48
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

how long ago was the bible written?

how many times was the bible re-wriiten through-out the years?

i think the bible that we have today is taken out of context, whoever re-wrote it, read parts of it, and took it in a diffrent way, therefore he re-wrote it that way.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #49
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Opiate of the Masses

Just remember, does not dwell in the temple made by mans hand.

... and this is a dangerous thread!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #50
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I don't believe in the , but I believe that there is a .

I've always liked St. Thomas Aquinas' "uncaused cause theory," that posits that were one to look back in time far enough that one could find an effect for which there was no explicable cause. It seems to reason that for every effect we witness in our world there is a cause that can be objectively identified.
Speaking hypothetically you could work your way back up the cosmic timeline and explain the advent of earth and identify a cause for it. The same with the stars, sun, moon and planets. Let's say you could even find evidence to support some kind of 'big bang' as being responsible for the creation of the galaxy. The idea is that if you go back far enough you will eventually encounter some occurrence for which their can be no scientific explanation. Something that acts but is not acted upon. The cause of this, the first effect, would be .
I obviously don't know if it would be Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish or Muslim , but I do feel that there isn't any logical reason to support the belief in any one over another. Why should we think that out of the infinite realm of possibilities that the human race, in only the briefest amount of time, has stumbled onto the exact knowledge of who is, or what (his) will may be?

The only part of Christian doctrine that I feel certain about is .

I believe in .

I saw a T-shirt once that convinced me,

battledressuniform 1927 117764290
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #51
qwezy

i do believe in -the Lord-The Greatest Father in His highest power-jugement-faithfulness-fairlyness...
i do accepted Jesus (only Son of had given to man / earth ) in my life as my Savior who had died for my sin in this sociaty.
Now,Bible in Palm have written that : BLessing always for those who believe without seeing or hearing...surely very please that we believe in Him without seeing Him.
Are we ready - prepare ...to come and see ?
Where do we find ? Where is ?
In my faith, the answere is in The Bible - The Christian Bible - His words and His Face are there for me whenever i read (some sentences at a times) and i pray to Him.
And how do we praise and workship Him ? and do we experience His works in each of our life - in each of our days ?--- THINK ABOUT IT / JUST READ SOME OF THE BIBLE / TALK-PRAY TO HIM WITH HIM AND ALWAYS THANKS HIM FOR ANOTHER DAY IN OUR LIFE !!!!
We living in this highest time of modern technology in every ways
Bill Gate have had designed and still designning more computer technology !!!
More/more youngest-smartest engyneers in every year !!!
Billy Graham still serving the Lord - preaching around the nation / world !!!
along side, like Robert Schuldler - Rick Warren - Harvest Crussade - Joe Osteen.....still serving Our Lord . The reward from in so amazzing !!!
BELIEVE IN or BELIEVE IN TECHNOLOGY
WE ARE LIVING IN THIS TIME - THE HOLY SPIRIT TIME TRIBAL THAT JESUS HAD ASKED/PRAYED TO GIVING WHEN HE DIED ON THE CROSS / LEAVING EARTH.
thank you yall for this opportunity !!!!
i'm so qwezzzzzzzy
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #52
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
you guys will love this one too. Loving and live by the bible.
Exodus 21:15 - "He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." (NASB)

Exodus 21:17 - "He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." (NASB)

Most of you people shouldn't be here. Live by the bible and kill your children when they strike you and curse you.
Those were the laws given to Moses to govern his people after leaving Egypt, and applied to them at that time, they were not delivered as laws to be followed for all time.

Also in your references to new testiment vs Old testiment , they are both right.

The easiest way to put it, is " Is". In the Old Testiment, he was only known as the supreme being , in the New Testiment, He came to earth in human form as Godsuki explained earlier.

Religions are no more harsh than your sciences, if you believe that, as a scientist, the earth is 6000 years old, then any scientist who believes otherwise is wrong.

If you believe, as a Religion, that is Jesus is The Holy Ghost, then someone who believes differently is wrong.

Before you start on aboriginies and cave men, the Bible states that Man is forgiven his ignorance, only those who have heard His name and refused Him are damned to .

If you have any other questions or comments feel free to ask and I or another Spiritual Representative will be with you shortly. :topsecret
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #53
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Those were the laws given to Moses to govern his people after leaving Egypt, and applied to them at that time, they were not delivered as laws to be followed for all time.

Also in your references to new testiment vs Old testiment , they are both right.

The easiest way to put it, is " Is". In the Old Testiment, he was only known as the supreme being , in the New Testiment, He came to earth in human form as Godsuki explained earlier.

Religions are no more harsh than your sciences, if you believe that, as a scientist, the earth is 6000 years old, then any scientist who believes otherwise is wrong.

If you believe, as a Religion, that is Jesus is The Holy Ghost, then someone who believes differently is wrong.

Before you start on aboriginies and cave men, the Bible states that Man is forgiven his ignorance, only those who have heard His name and refused Him are damned to .

If you have any other questions or comments feel free to ask and I or another Spiritual Representative will be with you shortly. :topsecret

Are you a spiritual scholar? This is a subject of great debate. It has started many wars and ended many friendships. This has been a fascinating subject of mine for years. I could type loads of info to ask you guys but I won't. I could also type loads of info to inform you guys but hardcore christians tend not to be open minded. For the record I never once mentioned science in what I discussed. This is a thread that is better off to let die before feathers get ruffled.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #54
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
This is a thread that is better off to let die before feathers get ruffled.
Around here........it wouldn't be the first time:eh: :laughing6
I am surprised at how much reasonably intelligent dialoge I've seen in this thread
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #55
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

One final question to everyone. Think hard about this and be honest with yourself...why are you the religion you are? Did you seek it out and choose one that felt right? Were your parents the same religion as you are now? I have studied many different religions, it is an on going process as there is a lot of religions out there and much to learn. Many people are the same religion as their parents. It is what gets pounded into your head from when you are little. Don't get me wrong people, I am not christian bashing, just trying to lift the vail of prejudice among different religions.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #56
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
One final question to everyone. Think hard about this and be honest with yourself...why are you the religion you are? Did you seek it out and choose one that felt right? Were your parents the same religion as you are now? I have studied many different religions, it is an on going process as there is a lot of religions out there and much to learn. Many people are the same religion as their parents. It is what gets pounded into your head from when you are little. Don't get me wrong people, I am not christian bashing, just trying to lift the vail of prejudice among different religions.
my parents made me go to church until i was about 17, i hated it, being forced to go somewhere that i didnt want to go, i mean, that just makes you rebel more as a teenager.

to this day, i dont go to church, i see it as another way for a "sales person" to try and sale me something. and all those TV PREACHERS........well, i dont really believe in them, they do what they do for the $$$$$$, whats something the preacher says EVERY sunday "you should tithe(give) to the church"

ever notice what kinda car the preacher drives.......its no station wagon.

so thats why i dont go, i can make church anywhere i want it to be, i dont need a 3 million dollar buildiong to sit in and a guy in a fancy suit to tell me how i should know . all i need is my faith and what i believe in.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #57
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
[quote=Ramius]Those were the laws given to Moses to govern his people after leaving Egypt, and applied to them at that time, they were not delivered as laws to be followed for all time.

If you have any other questions or comments feel free to ask and I or

Hey David, nice to see you still around

You pretty much said what I was going to say after reading all the thread

Any thread that makes you use your brain to answer is a dangerous thread.
The intelligence quotient around here suddenly jumped up:laughing6
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #58
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
my parents made me go to church until i was about 17, i hated it, being forced to go somewhere that i didnt want to go, i mean, that just makes you rebel more as a teenager.

to this day, i dont go to church, i see it as another way for a "sales person" to try and sale me something. and all those TV PREACHERS........well, i dont really believe in them, they do what they do for the $$$$$$, whats something the preacher says EVERY sunday "you should tithe(give) to the church"

ever notice what kinda car the preacher drives.......its no station wagon.

so thats why i dont go, i can make church anywhere i want it to be, i dont need a 3 million dollar buildiong to sit in and a guy in a fancy suit to tell me how i should know . all i need is my faith and what i believe in.
Thats why I go to a little church out here with the poor people. Such strong faith and devotion from people who have very little in the way of possesions..
very humbling.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #59
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

y jesus 1
Old 02-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #60
Gimpin2Fold