Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ?
Yes, I believe that there is a 41 78.85%
No, I believe that was made up by humans 8 15.38%
I am 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
I'd never heard of somebody not believing in dinosaurs until Carl Everrett said something like that.

Can someone help me out here? Is it because you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and so claims of 75+ million year old fossils is rubbish? Or do you believe they are 6,000 years old and not millions? Or do you believe the fossils were buried by hoax'sters? OR, none of the above?

Good question Arturo
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
Religion is bullshit morvegil The Circus 510 10-10-2011 05:36 PM
bashing religion AliceInChains02 The Circus 90 10-14-2008 09:00 PM
What Religion are you? RojerLockless Off Topic 47 06-24-2008 11:05 AM
Do you believe in ? or Religion? 2XTURBO Off Topic 0 02-15-2007 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #22
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Interesting that I was just wondering this same subject. I do believe in . Someone somewhere had to make things exist. I mean, can we accept that things were never made and that atomic matter just existed and made us, the planets, the sun etc? There has to be a higher being out there. It states in the Bible that man was made in the image of . I believe that this is true. He was a creator and so are we. We come up with great inventions (a GSXR1000) Lol, and we come up with great theories on how the world was made.

As for the Dinosaurs, where'd all the bones, fossils ect come from? Where are we getting all this oil from? They don't call them fossil fuel for nothing.

Moses wrote the first few books of the Bible from visions that he had and storys that were past down from generation to generation. Many people believe that since Dinosaurs were not mentioned in the Bible, they simply don't exist. But if that were true, a lot of things wouldn't exist.

I don't believe in pushing my views and beliefs on anyone. I think everyone has the right to believe in what they want. Since no one truly knows what is out there how can I say one way or another? It is all about faith in what you beleive in. All religions are based off of morals. Which is a great thing. It helps us come together but then at the same time it pushes us appart. When they conflict with another set of morals, things get heated like I assume that this thread will.

In the shower this morning this very subject came up in my head. I was wondering why all this time, these ghost hunters, and spiritual ghost talkers never bring up even though these people supposedly communicating to them were Christians when on earth. It seems kind of weird to me if they are in fact talking to the dead.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #23
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
I'd never heard of somebody not believing in dinosaurs until Carl Everrett said something like that.

Can someone help me out here? Is it because you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and so claims of 75+ million year old fossils is rubbish? Or do you believe they are 6,000 years old and not millions? Or do you believe the fossils were buried by hoax'sters? OR, none of the above?

In MOST case they have found a PIECE of something, and dated it, then create a picture of what they think it was and/or what it looked like.
To me, thats kind of like looking at some abstract art deciding that all those blobs of color looks like a fish.:eh:
How many times have humans been guilty of seeing what we want to see???
The earth was flat for a couple of thousand years........
Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #24
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
In MOST case they have found a PIECE of something, and dated it, then create a picture of what they think it was and/or what it looked like.
To me, thats kind of like looking at some abstract art deciding that all those blobs of color looks like a fish.:eh:
How many times have humans been guilty of seeing what we want to see???
The earth was flat for a couple of thousand years........

Some piece of evidence = no belief
No evidence = belief

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #25
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i think a lot of problems with Christian scientific thinking is that they don't understand the complexities of the various sciences they denounce.

I'm not saying I understand them, but I trust the scientific community over the religious community since one is based on solely objective data, and is a process in which if there is anything that goes against a theory it is meticulously broken down and studied by the scientific community, not covered up or stubbornly endorsed. Religion on the other hand doesn't have any focus on objective data, but rather historical texts that vaguely sum up the truthes of this world for us.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #26
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i think a lot of problems with Christian scientific thinking is that they don't understand the complexities of the various sciences they denounce.

I'm not saying I understand them, but I trust the scientific community over the religious community since one is based on solely objective data, and is a process in which if there is anything that goes against a theory it is meticulously broken down and studied by the scientific community, not covered up or stubbornly endorsed. Religion on the other hand doesn't have any focus on objective data, but rather historical texts that vaguely sum up the truthes of this world for us.

Well, like bdmpastx said....how did everything come forth from science...how were electrons and neutrons made......who made all this? :dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #27
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Well, like bdmpastx said....how did everything come forth from science...how were electrons and neutrons made......who made all this? :dontknow:
I wish I knew, it seems like it is man's greatest pursuit to find out(science), or at least make a story up of how they found out(theism).
Old 02-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #28
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
I wish I knew, it seems like it is man's greatest pursuit to find out(science), or at least make a story up of how they found out(theism).

Exactly....without a "higher power"....science would of never existed. let alone the theories behind it.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #29
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i'm not saying there's no higher power. I really like to think there is, to be honest. All I'm saying is maybe it's not the way we commonly perceive(man in the sky).
Old 02-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Exactly....without a "higher power"....science would of never existed. let alone the theories behind it.....

Hehe.. It's a classic chicken or the egg problem. Which came first?

When all is said and done.. and science has finally traced our origins back to the most minute piece of whatever that burst forth, you are still free to say that someone waved their magic wand to get it started.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #31
MadseasoN

I don't believe Jesus was or is a or is the son of . I believe he was a prophet.

"organized" religion:
I've developed sort of a contempt for the way churches are run. To some people it's all about money and to others it's all about 'I'm better than you". I played in a church band for a year and a half and saw a lot of the inner workings. Some messed up stuff going on there.

On the flipside, my Grand Uncle ran a church for over 55 years and was the most honest man in the world. So I can't say that it applies to all churchs.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #32
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Hehe.. It's a classic chicken or the egg problem. Which came first?

When all is said and done.. and science has finally traced our origins back to the most minute piece of whatever that burst forth, you are still free to say that someone waved their magic wand to get it started.
Well I can't help but think that the little voice inside my head that say's
"Clyde, you really shouldn't do that" is something a little bit higher than a minute bit of whatever.........one thing is for sure, we'll all find out sooner or later.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #33
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I am a Christian. But I don't believe in religion. Religion is mans way to get to . Christianity is Gods way to get to man. To reply to an earlier post that Jesus is just the son of ; Jesus is . It's called the Godhead. You have , the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. manifested himself to sacrifice himself for us, (this is where Christianity comes in) because we could not get to him (this is where religon comes in). When the gospel was preached, and Jesus was ressurected, the Father, Manifested himself agian as the the Holy Spirit, to live and move among us.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #34
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

And as far as dinosaurs go, there is countless scientific evidence that they did exist. The world, before the Great Flood, was in a greenhouse effect because of a layer of ice in the stratosphere that produced that effect that made animals and plants much bigger
Old 02-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #35
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:

you should look up Piltdown man, and the Nebraska man. You'd be surprised to find how the "scientific community" claimed that these were the missing links. They of course later turned out to be huge hoaxes, fabrocated from a pig bone. Sadly these are still in school books today.

The problem with the "scientific theory of carbon dating" is their are too many holes in it. The gaps between the evolutionary periods are millions of years.

Case in point, when Nasa was first to land on the moon, they were excepting the moon dust to be around 7 feet deep, which is why the lunar module had such big landing feet, based on the fact that the earth was however many billion years old. If it were true, then their calculations would have been close because they measured the annual amountthat falls on earth. They were quite surprised to find only a couple of inches of moon dust.

I think you should do some more research before you make a choice that takes more faith to believe than creation.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #36
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am a Christian. But I don't believe in religion. Religion is mans way to get to . Christianity is Gods way to get to man. To reply to an earlier post that Jesus is just the son of ; Jesus is . It's called the Godhead. You have , the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. manifested himself to sacrifice himself for us, (this is where Christianity comes in) because we could not get to him (this is where religon comes in). When the gospel was preached, and Jesus was ressurected, the Father, Manifested himself agian as the the Holy Spirit, to live and move among us.
It's called the Trinity, I was just fixing his upper and lower cases, not saying JC is just the Son of . It's weird, is part of all three The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit (at least that's what I believe)
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #37
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

small difference in being and being his only son.. but the blood line is there...

YYYYYYyaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn

IMO

Your faith is in your heart. Its not in what others see, its not in the church, its not anything that anyone can tell other than the man himself. Can I sit around and curse and never go to church and say all the time and still be a believer? Your Damned right I can. Because he knows I'm here, I know he's there, he knows I care, and I know he's fair. I think 95% of the BS that comes along with religion is BS...
Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #38
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Good point clayton. But remember..."He is a loving "...but he is also a "Just" .......

Old 02-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #39
cp6rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am a Christian, and having in my life has changed me and my life. Having in my life for support, strength, and love is amazing and helps me get through the daily grind of the "world". Gods love is there for all.

" knows tomorrow better than we know yesterday"

Something cool I heard.
cp6rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #40
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Yup Yup......."Dont worry about tomorrow... is already there"

Advertisement