MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Nesto1000
Mr. Noob

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2000 Suzuki GSX-R600 (Sold)
2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalanie View Post
Sometimes making a separate thread will gather their attention
Under meets and rides
I might do that later

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Nesto1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sooo. . . Mala Lingua Taking it to the Track 36 04-13-2012 10:43 AM
Sooo Sexy CBR_TRAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 04-04-2012 09:26 AM
SOOO...FINALLY GOT A EVO paniro187 Off Topic 3 10-20-2010 01:54 PM
Sooo while I was doin a burnout T 2 da P General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 10-26-2009 10:49 AM
SOOO HUNGRY! Somebody1010 Off Topic 4 07-12-2009 11:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #22
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Heres a tip, its not the best thing for the engine, but works really well and will help you learn really good rear brake and clutch control. Try doing "the box" in 2nd gear and hold down the rear brake alittle bit and hold some throttle. Eventually you will be able to feel the bikes engine load and will be able to tighten that box tighter than you thought possible. Many sport bike riders on the STREET dont know squat about how to properly brake and just end up grabbing a fistful of the front. The quickest way to brake is using both brakes.

75% comes from your front 25% from your rear. If you are only using your front you are only getting 75% of your max brake power.

And remember this also. Slow speeds lean the bike, keep body straight as possible. High speeds lean your body and keep the bike turning as fast as it can go with the least amount of lean angle. The less lean the more tire on the road. And Always look through the turn and focus on the exit not whats straight ahead of you. Target fixation is one of the biggest self induced crashes other than newbie going to fast.

Noob rides on the back roads are always a great way to practice these and watch more expierenced riders. Track days are the best way to hone these skills though. And of course practice practice practice. Ride hard and ride SAFE
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #23
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalanie View Post
Bike looks beautiful

Sometimes making a separate thread will gather their attention
Under meets and rides
Haha thank you very much! Still in progress though

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd here
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little6 View Post
have fun. If your stalling like that spend more time in a parking lot and play around. you dont want to get to a 4way stopsign and freak out with cars all around you.
just take your time and have fun with it. let us know when your ready for a nood ride. or post up asking for someone to meet up with ya for a spin around the hood when your ready.
You like to ride naked?

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Nesto1000
Mr. Noob

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2000 Suzuki GSX-R600 (Sold)
2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post
Heres a tip, its not the best thing for the engine, but works really well and will help you learn really good rear brake and clutch control. Try doing "the box" in 2nd gear and hold down the rear brake alittle bit and hold some throttle. Eventually you will be able to feel the bikes engine load and will be able to tighten that box tighter than you thought possible. Many sport bike riders on the STREET dont know squat about how to properly brake and just end up grabbing a fistful of the front. The quickest way to brake is using both brakes.

75% comes from your front 25% from your rear. If you are only using your front you are only getting 75% of your max brake power.

And remember this also. Slow speeds lean the bike, keep body straight as possible. High speeds lean your body and keep the bike turning as fast as it can go with the least amount of lean angle. The less lean the more tire on the road. And Always look through the turn and focus on the exit not whats straight ahead of you. Target fixation is one of the biggest self induced crashes other than newbie going to fast.

Noob rides on the back roads are always a great way to practice these and watch more expierenced riders. Track days are the best way to hone these skills though. And of course practice practice practice. Ride hard and ride SAFE
I'll try and keep that in mind... when we were doing the U turn test I was going to try it in second but decided not to.

The instructors stressed that we need to stop with both breaks instead of just one so I pretty much have that etched into my brain but still need to work on it.

As for the leaning the bike and staying straight up at slow speeds (a.k.a. U turn) is kinda hard for me to do and I need to do quite a bit more practice on that. I pretty much know the rest but it's always good to be reminded of it though.

Anyways thanks for the good advice.
Nesto1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #26
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Practice makes perfect! The more practice you have, the more confident you will be! Just always remember to respect the machine. Don't get too cocky out there. Ride defensively when you have to an offensively when you have to. When you start riding with groups just ride your own ride! Never try to ride outside of your riding or comfort levels. The guys on here are really cool and understanding that you are just beginning. Ride safe and have fun.
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

congrats man. im not too far ahead of u on the noob meter. prob around 300 miles of riding. stay safe.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #29
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
You like to ride naked?
Maybe because his bike is nood right now. Has her on his mind.

Advertisement