Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
FortBendRider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2001 BMW R1150GS
1999 Kawasaki Concours
2003 Kawasaki Concours

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
There is no reason to worry if you do it right. Its not that difficult. It can actually the a safer buy due to your bank and theirs being involved

True, if you are going to go through a bank. When purchasing a used bike, I always buy it outright so there is no bank involved. If they have a lien with a local bank, then I would consider it, but if the bank is out of town, then I would pass on the sale.

Like I said, most of time there is never an issue, but I don't want to be in the 1% that do.

Everyone is entitled to spend their money the way they wish. I think the OP was looking for opinions, and I was just simply offering mine.

Last edited by FortBendRider; 12-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
FortBendRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a bike when the Seller still owes a bank note? rkl56119 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-04-2010 07:29 AM
Buying Things Dressed As A Bank Robber cobrakiller02 Off Topic 11 01-22-2010 10:39 AM
When buying a bike from an individual seller... AndreaJ200 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 12-15-2009 03:34 PM
buying things dressed as a bank robber.... AiJay Off Topic 12 10-27-2009 12:42 PM
Seller's remorse... I want a new bike, again.. dru General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-13-2008 10:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

What bike are you looking at now Dos?
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
Squid
A Real Squid - USN 91-99

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 Harley Softail Deluxe
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Send a message via Yahoo to Squid
This is a timely topic for me. After Christmas, I'm buying a 2009 HD from a guy who has the bike financed through his credit union.

We are going to meet up, and go together to his CU. I'll pay him/CU once there. I don't know if my purchase amount is more than he owes, or if he is coming out of pocket. It doesn't really matter to me, but nonetheless, some of the cash will go to the CU, and if there is any left over, I'll hand that amount to the sellar.

And thanks Patrick, I looked up those forms, and will have them with me when I go to the CU. Obviously, they are likely to already have them, but it never hurts to be prepared if they don't.

I'm also going to create a Bill of Sale, because how it is created is in my best interest.

In my case the seller is a cool guy and knows I'm one retentive guy, and appreciates that I'm doing most of the leg work.

On the flip side, I have Patrick covering my on the sale of my Ninja - in that situation, I don't have to worry about anything.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement