Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
ecclissiass

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 (stolen)
2005 Honda CBR600RR (traded)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (wrecked)
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ducati Diavel (dream bike #2)

Member Garage

Incoming!! Motocross Biker Lands On A Fellow Racer

Last edited by ecclissiass; 12-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.
ecclissiass is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help fellow biker involved in serious accident! All-Day General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-02-2014 01:13 PM
Please Help Fellow Biker involved in serious accident! All-Day Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-31-2014 11:11 PM
Motocross Biker Lands On A Fellow Racer Joshua42007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-11-2012 10:58 PM
I almost hit a fellow biker!!! B. Seen General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-22-2012 04:11 PM
fellow Biker needs your help ScooterTrash Off Topic 5 06-01-2006 05:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
that happened to my buddy one time out at 290 Cycle World....Mr. Badass mx'er wearing no shirt and just a chest protector decided to be a hot shot...landed right on top of my buddy who was puttin' around the track on my bike....

2 lessons learned that day....no puttin' once you enter a mx track....if you do putt, you better know who is coming up behind you.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
iBang

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

That was something that always worried me when I rode dirt. I'm pretty slow and I was always concerned that someone was going to take me out coming over a table like that.
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I've been close to that kind of situation a few times. The rider with the helmet cam in the video looked like he was riding out of his comfort zone and maybe riding past the point of being in control. Either way, accidents happen on the track. Part of the risk you take.

Watching that made me pucker up, though. had to hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

for some reason I can not see the video on this computer, so I do not know for sure what happened...
but back on easter sunday in 1966, i was racing in a TT scrambles meet outside of Tucson Az. Back then we did not know what motocross was, it was something they did over in Europe.. we did not have jumps like they do today, the suspension on the bikes would not handle it...
we did have one small jump... coming off a right hander at the end of an S turn... at any rate you could not see the bottom of the jump on the other side of the hill...I was not one of the faster guys, so I was always in the middle of the pack or further back... as I topped the hill and to what airborne we did in those days, I saw a rider down right where i was going to land... sure enough I hit him, broke his ankle... glad that was all that happened, I felt bad enough about that...we did not have corner workers and flags all over the place like they do now either....

Advertisement