MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

My cool story....

All new bodywork on my 2006 CBR1000RR three weeks ago. two weeks ago construction site was rough side to side. Even with straps and canyon dancer at fork seal busting tightness bike fell over and broke upper, tank cover, and tail. Maybe 200 miles on bodywork since new. FML.

I should learn to never buy nice stuff. always gets tore up around me no matter how hard I try.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rapper Wrecks it... BadApple General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 10-18-2009 09:35 AM
2 wrecks this weekend JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-08-2008 11:03 AM
Lovely Nails.. ratmzapa Off Topic 2 02-17-2006 04:37 PM
guy wrecks chasee69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 12-07-2005 05:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
iBang

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Got everything stood back up.

SV - seat all torn up, rear fairing has a pretty good gash in it. Solo cowl also damaged. Both plastic bits are reparable. I can either replace or recover the seat. Tank took a dent right behind the filler which shouldn't be a huge deal to pull and bodywork.

R1 - Actually faired pretty well. One intake tube crunched a little (little CF tube held the entire weight of the bike against the SV's kickstand - I'm amazed at how little damage there is). Tank took a ding on the side where it wraps around which is a pain since it means more work to re-establish its lines. I'll have to talk with HOP but I suspect they'll be able to take care of it for me without it being a big deal. Somehow that is the ONLY damage that bike took so I'm actually really glad the SV was there to break its fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Bummer. Let me know if you need a replacement seat for the SV. Mine came with 3 driver seats and I really don't need them all.
Definitely interested. Its either that or I get mine re-covered. How much?
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Sent you a PM.

I bought the bike with 327 miles on the clock. The previous owner didn't sit on the stock seat for tenth of those miles before he bought a Suzuki gel seat and a Sargent. Stock seat is the one on the right. It's basically brand new.

attachmentphp?attachmentid63278&ampd1354911401
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111s.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	63278  
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #24
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

I guess those carbon fiber tubes are worth the price after all.

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
iBang

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
I guess those carbon fiber tubes are worth the price after all.
I couldn't really see the damage other than that it was sitting on it. I expected it to be completely crushed. It just has a little spot where the weave is stressed. It didn't even deform! If it weren't for the tank damage I would leave it alone since its such a small blemish, but its one of these escalation of commitment things. If I'm paying $200 to have the tank fixed and painted, I might as well spend $6-700 and get the whole bike gone over and done in the colors I want, and if I'm doing one I might as well get both bikes taken care of at the same time and maybe get a discount for bulk work. It'll be pricy but I'm looking at a possible windfall from a large amount of extra work coming in the next couple of months so if that comes through I'll have the extra money I need to just take them both over to HOP and have them completely gone over. I've wanted to get the SV done ever since I did the front end on it but it was just never quite bad enough to justify and it was hard to say that the R1 was bad enough to paint either since I'm just planning on taking it on the track. This sort of gets both of them into bad enough shape that I can justify the expense.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

i guess you can call the all incident a blessing in disguise

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #27
iBang

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
i guess you can call the all incident a blessing in disguise
Well it does sort of force things doesn't it My bank account won't appreciate it but I'm going to have some nice eye candy in my garage when I'm all done with them for sure!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Could have been worse, a couple of years ago I had a the same kind of thing happen.
Bikes were loaded up in the hill country, straps/chocks double checked several times. Opened up to unload at home, SV was on top of the R1 and had done some immoral things to it. Straps/chocks still attached I might add.

The end result, SV repairs cost ~$300, R1 repairs ~$3600.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
happens. I ride a beater bike and still get when I scratch it up...More....
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

pics or it di...

oh who am I kidding, people don't make stuff like this up. Sorry to hear about that bro. Wish I could help. Ever think about getting a roll of carbon fiber, resin & stuff and having a go at your own "art" project?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #31
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
pics or it di...

oh who am I kidding, people don't make stuff like this up. Sorry to hear about that bro. Wish I could help. Ever think about getting a roll of carbon fiber, resin & stuff and having a go at your own "art" project?
Did you see any high chairs with an emphasis on high?
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #32
iBang

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Dropped by HOP today to pick up my wheels and get a quote on the paint work. Looks like about $900 for paint and the basic repairs on both bikes. I've also got a tank and rear fairing for the R1 on the way so I'm on the way to getting her back in gear. Need to order a seat cover for the SV and I'll be doing really well.

Just got to get through another job or two and I'll have the money to start getting them over to HOP.

Advertisement