MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
handozizle

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
Q's About Attending a MotoGP Race

I have questions for those of you that have watched a MotoGP race at either Indy or Laguna. What ticket/s did you get and were you happy with your choice? Also, is the paddock open for general admission people to walk around? I remember seeing pictures on here from Laguna of people getting extremely close to the garages and bikes. I'm for sure buying a GA pass for the 2013 race at COTA, but wouldn't mind spending extra to get close to the garages. I just attended F1 and they are stingy as when it comes to access to the pits.

Thanks for the input!
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for those attending GSS this sunday! houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 16 07-17-2011 09:48 PM
anybody attending OTC? lbjasonc Off Topic 12 04-23-2008 09:16 AM
Anyone with Kids attending Spring High? Ulric Off Topic 2 10-13-2007 05:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
speedoeffect

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Not sure how Cota will handle it but I bought a hospitality ticket (laguna) which included paddock passes. I believe the paddock pass could be purchased in addition to ticket. I'm a psl holder with Cota and the motogp tickets are in my box. Haven't purchased them yet, but I don't see a paddock pass option.
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

heard really good things about the F1 race at COTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
for everyone else, do whatever it takes to enter the track roads and parking lots from the EAST....drive all the way around the long ways. We were in/out in 10 minutes. We could see the line backed up for hours coming in from the WEST side of the track.....go in from the EAST
good thread about it

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...cs-from-Austin
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
houmax

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Next question:

Is there going to be a motorcycle only parking lot? If yes, does anybody know which one.
houmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
Lucar

Member Garage

COTA looks amazing, I just can't believe the cost and no tunnel
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
handozizle

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoeffect View Post
Not sure how Cota will handle it but I bought a hospitality ticket (laguna) which included paddock passes. I believe the paddock pass could be purchased in addition to ticket. I'm a psl holder with Cota and the motogp tickets are in my box. Haven't purchased them yet, but I don't see a paddock pass option.
Yea i didn't see that option too. I really want to buy the tickets ASAP but i really want a paddock pass. Also, must be nice to be a PSL holder $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by houmax View Post
Next question:

Is there going to be a motorcycle only parking lot? If yes, does anybody know which one.
I know there'll be a Ducati Island for sure but i guarantee you there'll be motorcycle only parking. For the F1 race, they were encouraging people to come with bicycles and motorcycles so it'll reduce traffic to the track. I doubt they will do that for this race. Parking passes are also very expensive IMO. We paid $200 for ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
heard really good things about the F1 race at COTA

good thread about it

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...cs-from-Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
COTA looks amazing, I just can't believe the cost and no tunnel
The track is really good but i would say it's only 90% finished for the F1 race. Lots of logistical issues (running out of food and cash at the ATM) but it's a given for a "first time" event. Overall the track still has alot of room for improvements and to grow bigger. And yea prices for everything is on the steep side.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
my little brother worked turn 2 for the race, and its GA. He said thats the spot to be, and it looked like it on TV. I had pit passes in INdy, and truly its a waste. Valentino didn't even come out to greet the people, and nicky was hurt. Waste of time at the end of the day. Duc island is cool, but better if you own a duc, so you can park and get into the hospitality tent.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

IM bringing my DUC
Old 11-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by handozizle View Post
Yea i didn't see that option too. I really want to buy the tickets ASAP but i really want a paddock pass. Also, must be nice to be a PSL holder $$$$$
you need to call them and let them know you want pit passes... they are going to have them but have been too busy with the f1 races to put anything together. If you call them they will take your information and call you back with updates and when everything is ready..
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #10
handozizle

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
my little brother worked turn 2 for the race, and its GA. He said thats the spot to be, and it looked like it on TV. I had pit passes in INdy, and truly its a waste. Valentino didn't even come out to greet the people, and nicky was hurt. Waste of time at the end of the day. Duc island is cool, but better if you own a duc, so you can park and get into the hospitality tent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
IM bringing my DUC
I'm not sure if will still have my 848 by then; i'm trying to sell it to get a new car. But yea, i'm riding it there if i still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
you need to call them and let them know you want pit passes... they are going to have them but have been too busy with the f1 races to put anything together. If you call them they will take your information and call you back with updates and when everything is ready..
Yea i sent them an e-mail today. Their customer-service department is awesome and pretty quick to respond.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
houmax

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by handozizle View Post
I know there'll be a Ducati Island for sure but i guarantee you there'll be motorcycle only parking. For the F1 race, they were encouraging people to come with bicycles and motorcycles so it'll reduce traffic to the track. I doubt they will do that for this race. Parking passes are also very expensive IMO. We paid $200 for ours.
Found a link for reserved motorcycle parking. Blue lots are MC only...
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/cot...tails/13PKMOTO

Next question: Has anybody been able to find a detailed hourly schedule of events?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
houmax

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Also, does anybody have suggestions for must ride twisty roads around Austin that we can squeeze in, nothing longer than a couple hours?

We already plan on doing Lime Creek on Thu.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
pumpkinHED

Experience: 1-3 months

been to both laguna and indy, laguna is better by far in all ways except for getting in and out. i stopped going to laguna b/c it was so disorganized (tried for 3 yrs and they still hadnt figured it out).
indy had motorcycle only parking (think laguna did too, but here's a pic of what ike did in that lot).

as for tix, go general, you won't be disappointed. every track i go to i get general, you get to choose where you sit, roam around, and get to see the race from lots of vantage points. reserved is only good if youre in a hospitality box. i had PP's for laguna at their first year back and it was great. up close to all the riders, could say hello even if there wasnt a huge crowd. but that was laguna. ive heard rumors about track walks on thursday before the race where the track is open and you can ride the track on a bicycle or walk it but i never got to a race early enough to do it. but i spoke with people at laguna who did it, road their bikes around, chatted with the riders who were riding the track, sounded great. maybe theyll do it at COTA too.

lastly, if you can its good to get a seat near a screen where you can watch the track and the video. and bring an fm radio, sometimes they broadcast the race on low power fm and you can hear better, or in case youre out of earshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indy_ike.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	63306  
pumpkinHED is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement