MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Anyone know of....

Anyone know of some sites or local/fairly local shops I could venture around to try to get a motor and stuff for a 93 CBR 600 F2? I went by one salvage shop and was told that if they could find a motor, it'd be $1500. F that guy, course he also was trying to sell me a dented gas tank for $300 too.

But, figured till I get some other things in order, I can start piecing together the F2, but I need to start w/ at least the motor and I can't seem to find one for anything reasonable (I have a hard time believing that a 14 yr old motor is worth as much as whole bikes in some cases).

Lemme know what you know :icon_bigg

Tks MH

Danny
Slingblade92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

I've got a fuel tank for you.

Check www.cbrforum.com also. A motor shouldn't be more than $700.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23693
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Yea, I'm looking around cbrworld and cbrforums.
I might take you up on that tank, at least that way it'll look like I've done something to it lol. Does the tank have the cap/cover? in the pic it's not there or I'm just blind. :P
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade92
Yea, I'm looking around cbrworld and cbrforums.
I might take you up on that tank, at least that way it'll look like I've done something to it lol. Does the tank have the cap/cover? in the pic it's not there or I'm just blind. :P
No, I don't have the cap or the petcock.

The F2/F3 petcocks aren't interchangeable.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

I'll think it over the next couple of days. I'm still up in arms about whether to take on completely rebuilding this bike or not.
I've got some mechanic in me, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to motorcycles....not to mention I'm not even sure of what all I'll need to create a running bike.:confused2 :confused2
Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
MadseasoN

I'm not sure if it's possible to fit it, but I'd try for a 97/98 F3 engine. They had way more HP than the F2.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

I think on CBRworld, they've got a F2/F3 interchangeability thread. I think they've said that it'll work but you gotta reroute some lines and stuff. I'm gonna sit around the next few days and gather info.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #8
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
WHOA WHOA! TMI TMI!!!

Check Union Cycle Salvage, ask for Rick Green and tell him Tom Anderson told you to call. Either that, or call Sam at Sam's Cycles in the Heights. There is also Pasadena Cycles (I think that's the name...).

Also, PM Patrick on the bbs here, he may have something for you.
lol, yea that didn't sound right :laughing6

I think it was Pasadena Cycles was the one I went to earlier. I'm talking about the one on Red Bluff. If so, they're way overpriced for used stuff imo.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
WHOA WHOA! TMI TMI!!!

Check Union Cycle Salvage, ask for Rick Green and tell him Tom Anderson told you to call. Either that, or call Sam at Sam's Cycles in the Heights. There is also Pasadena Cycles (I think that's the name...).

Also, PM Patrick on the bbs here, he may have something for you.
Sam (I think was the guys name) at Union Cycle wanted a grand for a used motor with 24K miles on it for my 94 ZX7. STOOPID!!!!!!! The older the bike, the fewer the "second hand" parts as most of these sportbikes end up wrapped around a telephone pole or completely ragged to the point where they need to be rebuilt anyway. My bike sat for a year as I couldn't find what I was looking for in the price range I wanted. Eventually found one with 8K miles for 600.00 bucks. GL on your search.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement