Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
What year was this fool...?

When No Comment was racing, I'm sure we diced a few times - but I'm pretty sure we were ahead of you guys,
touche
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP F7 race (video) Deano3090 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 09-13-2012 08:36 PM
TMGP F7 Changes Dragonysr Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 01-25-2011 08:01 PM
TMGP Endurance Denton mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 07-05-2009 04:42 PM
TMGP F5 Endurance Team BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 03-12-2009 09:43 AM
TMGP Round 5 Denton Results - F7 Only... BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 07-01-2008 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
yep, how is the foot and how in the do you hurt your foot without making a mark on the boot?
man i dunno, i think with the ball of my foot on the peg, going down and having the peg fold up it hit the top of my foot, then crushed it between the motor so all the pressure was on the roof of the boot. All of the armor is on the sides/heel.

At least thats what i think happened, the top of my foot is hurting the most and i can barely bend my toes upward.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
What year was this fool...?

When No Comment was racing, I'm sure we diced a few times - but I'm pretty sure we were ahead of you guys,
Oops, you are right, we were 2nd, not 1st...I confused. I got a T-shirt so thought we had won it all. 2010. Did you finish first?

John was on the team too, and you were faster cause we also had me and Brena on board .

FYI, I went to the TMGP website to see how you guys finished, but they really don't care about results either, just how much fun you have out there, so they took them down or lost them or something.

Besides, I thought you pulled out of the last round and called it quits since you weren't in the top three anymore and your $2000 tuner minibike motors kept grenading?

Man, when I am as old as OBED I won't be able to remember anything...
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #24
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Moe, you sure know how to step in and say hello.
Been gone a year and first post out of the box you call a man a fool and suggest he is not being truthful... they must have been feeding you your wheaties up there in Kansas.
Peter and me go way back...

He's the fool responsible for me spending $$ and breaking all my bones . He sold me my first mini. It was a hybrid of a Yamaha YSR50 and a Honda XR100, so we called it a YXR100 , handled like a GP and rode like a torquey 4 stroke.

THAT started it all since then I think I've gone through over 10 GPs ranging from as small as Blata pocket bikes to as large as a CRF100 sitting on 17s that won be the Novice championship and got protested.

While I like being all grown up and focusing on work - I do kinda miss racing minis ...

Peter's a great guy though, and if he's on the team - your already headed in the right direction. He'll lend you anything from his mini, scooter, truck (done all three) ... oh and his wife can pretty much karate kick any dude's !

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #25
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Oops, you are right, we were 2nd, not 1st...I confused. I got a T-shirt so thought we had won it all. 2010. Did you finish first?

John was on the team too, and you were faster cause we also had me and Brena on board .

FYI, I went to the TMGP website to see how you guys finished, but they really don't care about results either, just how much fun you have out there, so they took them down or lost them or something.

Besides, I thought you pulled out of the last round and called it quits since you weren't in the top three anymore and your $2000 tuner minibike motors kept grenading?

Man, when I am as old as OBED I won't be able to remember anything...
You guys were'nt slow coz of Brena! You guys were slow coz of that crappy suspension !

Oh and it was $2800 tuner , still got the receipt. Still the fastest KX74.9cc out there

I miss racing minis man - way too much fun.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
that would be cool, but while there will not be any TMGP events to conflict with cmra events, there will likely be some that conflict with fastline trackdays....will that be a problem for you?
we will also need to check with denny to see if you still can run novice class or not... did you get moved up to expert during your previous seasons?
I probably cannot run novice. Didn't realize you wanted to go that route.

Regardless, I have an extra parts bike XR100 in storage if you should ever need anything for your racebike.

My advice to anyone wanting to race TMGP...get an xr/crf100 to start with. I could never get comfortable on the little KX65. When I did feel ok, I was sorta fast...maybe Moe fast, but when I felt cramped and constrained I was slow as dirt. XR's are the bomb, especially after you upgrade to a front disk.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
You guys were'nt slow coz of Brena! You guys were slow coz of that crappy suspension !

Oh and it was $2800 tuner , still got the receipt. Still the fastest KX74.9cc out there

I miss racing minis man - way too much fun.
Ya, we always needed a rear shock. I miss racing and hanging out with you Moe. Where you been? BTW, Happy Thanksgiving back to you (got ur text)
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #28
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

glad it was in jest, had me worried there for a minute...y'alls escapades were before my time...I have two TMGP bikes at the moment... the crf100 and the pitster pro GP bike... i was thinking of adding a kx65, but am now leaning more towards building another crf as a back up in case i have issues on a race weekend...not sure i could handle the physical requirements of adding another class or two of races on any given weekend.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

i miss racing tmgp too..
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

I remember Moe being a moving road block.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
tsflstb

Feedback Rating: (2)

Obed I'd be up for a regular endurance team next season, but will have to wait for the schedule to commit to all the Denton rounds.
tsflstb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #32
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Obed,

It might work for me once I see the schedule. I ran one season in TMGP with our Team No Redline Essay group. We did OK, but we had a ringer in Bradley Champion. Make every race and good odds you will be in the top three for your class at the end of the year. I don't remember for sure, but I think we ended up 9th overall and 2nd in F7 Novice (maybe third). I think it was in 2007 or 2008...I can't remember anymore.

I'd have to see the schedule thought to commit.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #33
tankmonkey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
sv650s (race)
ninja 250r (race)
crf450x motard (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Make every race and good odds you will be in the top three for your class at the end of the year. I don't remember for sure, but I think we ended up 9th overall and 2nd in F7 Novice (maybe third). I think it was in 2007 or 2008...I can't remember anymore.
no redline was 2nd in F7N in 2008.

our old team (TMR) managed 3rd in the ysr production novice endurance class back in 1999 - without the ringer, unless you consider porter or jefe a ringer...
tankmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #34
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmonkey View Post
no redline was 2nd in F7N in 2008.

our old team (TMR) managed 3rd in the ysr production novice endurance class back in 1999 - without the ringer, unless you consider porter or jefe a ringer...
Thanks, I've had lots of Scotch since then.

Porter? Ringer? That's funny...

Jefe? Maybe.

Bradley? yeah!
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #35
tankmonkey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
sv650s (race)
ninja 250r (race)
crf450x motard (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Porter? Ringer? That's funny...

Jefe? Maybe.
hey, porter wasn't the slow guy on that team...

I don't recall if jefe was the fastest or cothren was, but both did well enough to keep us in the hunt.

that was back when tmgp still had the 12 hour endurance. that was also the year moto liberty brought ama pro/250gp winner takahito mori to play - talk about a ringer!
tankmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement