Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

In the cases for these people that never title: if you sell your bike you have the right to keep your plates for this very purpose that they could ride around, run tolls, etc. with plates that are still registered in your name. Best to keep the plates and make sure you fill out the seller's form and send it in to the state so they have record that you made the sale.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue Grimace Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 3 10-25-2011 11:48 PM
Title Transfer Penalty or Claim Lost Title? Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-15-2010 05:17 PM
getting title for bike with lost title... Bomb0314 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-29-2010 12:47 AM
How to title a no title bike? BigComfy How To's and Q & A's 4 02-01-2009 01:56 PM
Title issue on a bike need help before purchase homi General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-13-2008 02:34 PM
Old 11-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

06' Suzuki GSX-R1000
06' Suzuki GSX-R600

Had same issue, got a surety bonded title and now all is good!! Took 2 days.
MIGHTYDUCKY22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
I make little kids cry
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

R u the one that picked up the 1000 gixxer? You look familiar but I'm bad with names
Kawafasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #24
Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

superkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

If you cant track down the original owner to sign the title over to you...
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #26
Feedback Rating: (2)

Originally Posted by PinkDawnCBR600 View Post
Ok so here is the deal. We bought my bike from a guy that had the title but had never gotten it registered in his name. I drafted up a bill of sale and had him sign it and had it witnessed, and he gave me the title. When I went to the tax collectors office they said because the guy I purchased the bike from had not gotten the bike put in his name, that I could not get to the title transferred into my name and I would have to get a bonded title.

What a nightmare - obviously I didn't realize at the time that he couldn't just sign the back..... anyone have any great words of wisdom or advice on the best way to approach this situation.
super easy.... I just did this about 2 months ago. I copied this from my other post

Actually I just did one on my last bike. it was really easy..... It was another e'd up title. But I had a title. from what I was told, id you don't have a title you need a BOS from the person you bought it from.

This was the process I had to do.
1) Go to DOT(washington street) have them check it out. Fill out some paper work.
2) They had to do some searching then prepare some paper work for me.( i was there about 4:30 and they called me the next day by 10 am for me to pick it up)
3) Take that paper work to an insurance company to get a bond($100) took about 10 minutes to do the paper work. I needed to show my DL and ins. on the bike.
4) Take the paper work to the to the title place and transfer it like a regular title.
5) They said it'll take 4-6 weeks regular titles take 2-3 weeks. Actually only took 3 weeks
In short this can all be done in a few hours. it wasn't hard at all.

thats just what I had to go through.

hope this might shed some light on it for you.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote