MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumboy View Post
I guess that's harder when you don't look like a Mike Anderson.
Yes he bwokted my howt....

Actually I know a goofball with that name . . . hmmmmm

I paid a certain amount for the bike. Rode it 4 years and put on 15K miles. I jacked the price $400 more than I bought it for. So in reality (sans typical maintenance and wear) I rode a free bike for 4 years.

This point is - Why the big put on? Why acting all "Joe Biker" and put on like yer gonna be riding and tell me we will meet up - - when you have no intention of that?

Somebody hug me . . . . (female, Italian, rides a 650, come on- you know who you are.)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STOLEN BIKE RETURNED TONIGHT!!! My Story kevolution Stolen Bike Reports 102 08-26-2013 02:42 PM
Never seen a bike flip an SUV...wow Versatile337 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 09-25-2010 10:55 AM
*MY BIKE STORY* Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 04-23-2007 12:00 AM
Bike flip A303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 11-12-2006 09:09 AM
flip, se_ryder, and guero on flip's new toy SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 26 12-03-2005 06:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbangatsby View Post
you are mighty hurt dude....it's a bike and dude is a flipper...sucks but what are you gonna do? buy it back at the higher price to tell him a lesson...let it go plus next time don't get sweet talked by some guy...

also that's not a big profit margin when you factor in tax, title and the fact he might get low balled too...kinda pointless
I agree. Different people handle different things differently. Lots of things to consider. No I don't feel like I got fkuced over. I think it was a very low price, but like I mentioned before, I got it for a song 4 years ago (40% kbb). I lived and breathed repos for a few years after that, but I sold it for the same. It's not the money. I just don't understand making up this big dumbass story. Just buy it, take it, wash it, make love to it (maybe wash it again), sell it.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You act like he lied to you and took your virginity. Ohhh !! Is that what happened?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
MAYBE his little story made him feel better about "lowballing" you....who cares....takes all kinds of folks to make this world go 'round.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You act like he lied to you and took your virginity. Ohhh !! Is that what happened?
Close, but not quite. Maybe a little more like being an alter boy after the big guy in the robe and pointy hat convinced me it's ok if he grabbed a handful of my arsh. Then finding out there is something seriously wrong with the dood.
Probably be better if the priest just said, Hey kid, I'm about to grab yer sack.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Being direct is easier for some than others. I would still leave room to consider that his priorities changed or his wife made him sell it. Either way its nothing to get sore over. We have all been there. I sold a one of a kind bike to a guy who swore he would never race it and would always take care of it. He raced it and wrecked it shortly after the sale. Oh well. It was after all his to do with as he pleased.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #27
Track_Graphics

Agreed. Lots of things can happen. Maybe he's suddenly found himself in dire straights and in need of the cash, in which case I'd rather see him make a profit.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
NICKR1
I eat my r1

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEELE View Post
an arabian guy in the sugarland area? lowballed the outta my bike.. i let it go for a good deal.. a week later its on craigslist for 1500 more. he sells alot of bikes.. its the guy with that cricket store.
Lol

I think i know him
NICKR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

1) How do you "know" it was a BS story? - just because he flipped the bike ASAP, or just because it sounded like all the BS stories we hear every day?

2) Are you really that worried?

I mean, I can't go anywhere without hearing some cockamamie story. I just kinda figure that most people learn to just live with that fact of life like I do. Now that I've got my R6 for sale I've already started hearing these stories more than usual; all I want is to get $$ so I can pay my rent. I don't care if someone tells me they're going to ride in a one-hand handstand in a wheelie while shooting at the five-oh at two hunnerd miles an hour through a playground like they did on their Harley-saki ninjixxer 5.0-liter V8. Long as they've got cash I'm OK; I'd rather someone flip it on CL than flip it on I-10.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

I just don't like when people buy bikes with the sole intention of charging sometime else more for it. I know everyone wants to make a buck but . All it does is drive prices up and takes a good deal away from someone who really wants a bike. If you really want to flip something for profit then but a junker put some time and money into and resell it for some profit. Have a reason for selling for profit other than, hey i got a good deal on this bike lets see if someone else will pay more.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #31
Bigshankhank

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
I just don't like when people buy bikes with the sole intention of charging sometime else more for it. ... Have a reason for selling for profit other than, hey i got a good deal on this bike lets see if someone else will pay more.
Dude, you just described their entire business model. Why should they invest any time, effort or money into something just to turn around and resell it? I hate lo-ballers as much as anyone, but if they will pay me what I reasonably want to sell it for, and then they have a way to sell it for more, so be it. They did not steal food off of your table, so move on with your life.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Sold my Rossi to a member back in July and a few weeks later it was on CL for 2K more than I sold it for. He gave me $500 more than a dealer would in trade in so as far as I am concerned I made out pretty good. I get what you are saying though about him being all excited and enthusiastic; but if he can get that amount more power to him. I doubt if the guy that bought my R1 got what he was asking for. I've traded in many bikes at dealers and see them for sale for thousands over what I got in trade; so it doesn't bother me.
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement