MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Urbangatsby
n00b Rider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 650R

Gonna ride down to Galveston, how bad are things for bike security?

thanks to everyone first, I've read plenty of threads on here and have pretty good security...disc locks, garage kept at home, alarm system on, fork locks and heavy duty chain

i'm going to galveston for an overnight stay at a hotel, figured i ride my bike down but i think my room is one the 2nd floor so my bike is gonna be in the parking lot overnight, hows crime in galveston in terms of car and bike thefts and break ins??? Does anyone know or have an idea on things on the island

might just try to get a room on the first floor and roll my bike into it

Last edited by Urbangatsby; 11-15-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Urbangatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C Westchase area to Galveston Bike Rally ride 1098ducdude Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-03-2013 09:38 AM
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
things to do in galveston? Infinite Off Topic 29 10-14-2011 01:34 PM
This weekend - RR is probably gonna be bad Johnny77423 Events, Meets and Rides 35 04-15-2011 08:51 PM
If things got bad for you, what country.... Solracer Off Topic 52 03-04-2009 10:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
VFR Clown
Novice trackjunkie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
98 Honda VFR800FI
96 Honda VFR750 (wrecked)
90 Kawa ZR550 (sold)
if the vfr dies...adv or motard

Member Garage

never had problems with my bike...left outside, no alarm, locks, cover or lights. More people lose bicycles on the island!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Urbangatsby
n00b Rider

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR Clown View Post
never had problems with my bike...left outside, no alarm, locks, cover or lights. More people lose bicycles on the island!
i figured it wasn't as bad as i was initially thinking but i always want to know what's going on especially when im leaving my bike outside in a hotel parking lot for 8+ hours unattended
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Nobody has stolen mine Maybe it's too ugly. Poor thing.

Which hotel you're staying at will have a lot to do with security. Most of the free housing was destroyed in Ike and never got rebuilt so crime has dropped, but is still present. I do know that for years someone leaves a pretty little Ninja 600R outside his work (over night sometimes) and it's still there. If your hotel is on the strand I would ride the bike down UTMB (PM me for location) and walk back. That place is crawling with popo. They've nabbed me "stealing" my own bike a few times. Ran my plate even when I offered to show them my registration.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Urbangatsby
n00b Rider

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
Nobody has stolen mine Maybe it's too ugly. Poor thing.

Which hotel you're staying at will have a lot to do with security. Most of the free housing was destroyed in Ike and never got rebuilt so crime has dropped, but is still present. I do know that for years someone leaves a pretty little Ninja 600R outside his work (over night sometimes) and it's still there. If your hotel is on the strand I would ride the bike down UTMB (PM me for location) and walk back. That place is crawling with popo. They've nabbed me "stealing" my own bike a few times. Ran my plate even when I offered to show them my registration.
i'm right off the seawall bvld but i was thinking about just parking it at UTMB due all the cops around there and just hop a 5 dollar cab ride back to my bike or just walk it
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
coreyTLS

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
1998 Suzuki TL1000s
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400
1996 Kawasaki KX60
1980 honda CB900c bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlw View Post
take ur gun.

^^^this irreguardless, but its pretty safe, only time ive ever left mine out was at LSR, so im not sure about the rest of the year

Advertisement