MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
I mean, I have thought about doing trackday's before, but, I think I would push myself beyond the limit's. Because, I want to excel in whatever I do. To be the fastest, quickest etc. etc.....
Then do it!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMRA question for 2010 season mcd Taking it to the Track 3 10-26-2009 10:08 PM
tmgp/cmra crossover question????? Thomas Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 06-08-2009 08:14 PM
Question About CMRA Endurance #s Swift E Taking it to the Track 11 06-12-2007 01:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #22
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Hahahaha......contrary to popular belief.....they do hold stunt comp's. And payout's are getting up there in some division's. Just like it takes a level of skill to master turns and such, it also takes a level of skill to take a 300 or 400 pound machine and make it do what you want it to do.....

Plus.....I know more than half of you guy's have wheelied on the street's before...even though some of us may do it more than others....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
I mean, I have thought about doing trackday's before, but, I think I would push myself beyond the limit's. Because, I want to excel in whatever I do. To be the fastest, quickest etc. etc.....
I realized when I got older that there was ALWAYS someone, faster, smarter, better looking, had more money, a nicer ride, etc, etc, etc. The only person you race at a trackday is yourself. You wont crash if you ride within your limits, but some people dont even know what their limits are.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #24
MadseasoN

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Most guys at track days are pushing themselves to their limits.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

It's cool. I have nothing against trackriders. To tell you the truth, I've NEVER, NEVER been to a trackday, even just to spectate, but i'm pretty sure it would be enjoyable.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #26
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Hahahaha......contrary to popular belief.....they do hold stunt comp's. And payout's are getting up there in some division's. Just like it takes a level of skill to master turns and such, it also takes a level of skill to take a 300 or 400 pound machine and make it do what you want it to do.....

Plus.....I know more than half of you guy's have wheelied on the street's before...even though some of us may do it more than others....
Your still confused Del, I can tell by the wording of your sentences. The point of stunting and racing is to get a 400 lbs bike to do what you want it to do. The best stunt I have ever seen was Mike Sanchez pass me in T6 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) doing a wheelie and waving at me. I think it is time you just man up (or woman up) and come to a track day. Most likely you will meet some nice people, learn alot about your bike, learn some valuable skills and have a whole lot of fun.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #27
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Your still confused Del, I can tell by the wording of your sentences. The point of stunting and racing is to get a 400 lbs bike to do what you want it to do. The best stunt I have ever seen was Mike Sanchez pass me in T6 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) doing a wheelie and waving at me. I think it is time you just man up (or woman up) and come to a track day. Most likely you will meet some nice people, learn alot about your bike, learn some valuable skills and have a whole lot of fun.

Hahahha....trying to turn me to the darkside eh moody? Hahaha.....I have no doubt it would be fun. But, maybe, just maybe you all should venture to a stunt comp, where it's in a controlled environment and see what they can do. They can honestly do more than just wave at you while wheeling.....:laughing6

Old 02-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Hahahha....trying to turn me to the darkside eh moody? Hahaha.....I have no doubt it would be fun. But, maybe, just maybe you all should venture to a stunt comp, where it's in a controlled environment and see what they can do. They can honestly do more than just wave at you while wheeling.....:laughing6
Del, Do you really think the guys that race do not have an appreciation for good stunting? We all love motorcycles... that is why we do it. If you have not meet Brandon from Motorcycles Unlimited, then you should. He is a stunt guy but his latest stunt was getting in some solid 1:50s at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Monday. Don't take us track heads for haters. We just like to laugh at the dumb stuff like everyone else and yes I am just giving you a hard time because I can already tell that one hit from the track pipe would have you addicted.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #29
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
But not doing it at 100 mph.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #30
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
They can honestly do more than just wave at you while wheeling.....:laughing6
chances are - mike's throttle was pinned in 3rd @ about a buck twenty rapidly approaching a 90 degree left hander... where he (probably) kicked out the rear wheel a little before sliding and diving in to the turn...

one of the fastest guys the cmra (brandon @ m-u) used to be a stunna too btw - now he owns the track... :notworthy

you should come out sometime man... it will all make sense... just come on out sometime...
Old 02-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #31
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Del, Do you really think the guys that race do not have an appreciation for good stunting? We all love motorcycles... that is why we do it. If you have not meet Brandon from Motorcycles Unlimited, then you should. He is a stunt guy but his latest stunt was getting in some solid 1:50s at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Monday. Don't take us track heads for haters. We just like to laugh at the dumb stuff like everyone else and yes I am just giving you a hard time because I can already tell that one hit from the track pipe would have you addicted.

Del....sckkkk....come to the darkside....sckkkk......

Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #32
JaYRillo
aRe JoO sErIoUs?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JaYRillo
i want to do some trackdays i just dont have a bike for that.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #33
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous4i
i want to do some trackdays i just dont have a bike for that.
me too, i just cant justify spending 175$ + to ride MY bike. Once or twice yeah. but like they said to each his own, and im sure its an expensive but very addicting hobby
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #34
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

delzz9

Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #35
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Bandito
chances are - mike's throttle was pinned in 3rd @ about a buck twenty rapidly approaching a 90 degree left hander... where he (probably) kicked out the rear wheel a little before sliding and diving in to the turn...

one of the fastest guys the cmra (brandon @ m-u) used to be a stunna too btw - now he owns the track... :notworthy

you should come out sometime man... it will all make sense... just come on out sometime...
Watching those guy's dive towards turn 1 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) at 170+ :notworthy
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #36
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
delzz9

:laughing4

Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #37
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Am I too old to make it to AMA / Moto GP etc...

I know that some of you are well past your prime, but me... I'm still somewhat young.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #38
ownage
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #39
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
Quote:

i like when mike passes me on turn 3 at msr almost dragging his helmet .... bottom line it all takes time and practice just live ur life and do what you enjoy doing... sheesh u dont have to be the best in everything u do and i doubt u can!!!!
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #40
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
Am I too old to make it to AMA / Moto GP etc...

I know that some of you are well past your prime, but me... I'm still somewhat young.
Wasn't Schwantz out there last year running endurance?