Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 7

2006 Z750s
(gone) '05 SV650+conti race
'01 Yamaha YZ 125R
'88 Honda XR100R 4stroke
'04 Honda Cr250r

My Personal Tire Comparisons

Tires I have ran:

Dunlop Q2's
Conti Sport Attack
Metzeler Sportech M3's
Michelin Pilot Power 2tc (current rear)

I have ran all four at the track and on the street. I only have about 100 miles on the street with the Q2's (current track only tire)

Here's my unbiased up's and downs. Just some friendly info/opinion.

Metzelers...suck. I could take off and spin on a typical summer morning, through first and second gears if I wanted to...warmup took forever. I would hate to see how they grab cold in Movember. Took them to the track once, regret it. They never felt scrubbed and sticky. I never trusted them. Oh yeah and they were showing belt at 3200 miles in the rear and already had a nice flat commuter strip in the front. Awesome top end stability (155 on this bike)

Conti Sport Attacks
Best track/street tire I've ran yet. Had a Dunlop q2 up front and this super sticky tire in the rear. Dragged a lot of knee on my SV with this tire. Great track tire for weekend warrior. But by noon on the second track day I had the tire crumbling like bleu cheese.

Q2's.....if they didn't wear so fast they would be my every day pickfor both track and street. I cannot get them to slip in a straight line on any cold morning (oh yeah the curvy road I leave on is that shiny smooth black asphalt...awesome for cold morning bike drifting without having to use too much right wrist). I also feel 100% capable on these tires after about 4 turns on the track. Not the most stable feeling at 150....tip in on turns is smooth due to the shape of this tire.

Growing on me. You can lean early but that center strip stats pretty hard even after warm. I'm impressed with tread depth. Ready to see how long it lasts (not long..,. -1+2 sprockets here Thursday)
The most stable tire at speed I've ridden yet. The tire is peaked though, feels like you fall into a lean, off a point.
ModernDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote