Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
ModernDiesel
Senior Member
 
ModernDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Inner Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 621

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2006 Z750s
(gone) '05 SV650+conti race
'01 Yamaha YZ 125R
'88 Honda XR100R 4stroke
'04 Honda Cr250r






Thanks for recognizing the humor Moc. I grinned when I saw it.
ModernDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki USA files Chapter 11 sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-10-2013 05:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #22
Pre-K
Senior Member
 
Pre-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 3,413

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized








Wouldn't be overly sad if the mc division had to file, too.

I haven't bought a Suzuki product since my last one in 2010... and I'll never buy one again.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #23
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Suzuki cars didn't sell well in NA because they are strong in the small to tiny car segments. Great for emgerging markets and Europe, but not the average American's cup of tea.

As for Kia, make jokes all you want, but they - and sister company Hyundai - are one of the very few car companies that GAINED market share through the Great Recession, when most others lost market share. Kia hired Peter Schreyer, former with Audi, as design chief in 2006, and he has waved the same magic wand on recent Kia cars the same way he did with Audi. The new Sorrento and the Soul are runaway best sellers. I see them all over Houston.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #24
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You can't deny that that is one nice car that is still under 30k. It is a very good buy and it looks great for the price. Don't agree? I dont give a .
We just bought the Hyundai version. Love the car!

The Suzuki cars were so bad, that some banks would pre-qualify for loans, and put "not valid for purchase of Suzuki products".
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #25
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,126

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Suzuki cars didn't sell well in NA because they are strong in the small to tiny car segments. Great for emgerging markets and Europe, but not the average American's cup of tea.

As for Kia, make jokes all you want, but they - and sister company Hyundai - are one of the very few car companies that GAINED market share through the Great Recession, when most others lost market share. Kia hired Peter Schreyer, former with Audi, as design chief in 2006, and he has waved the same magic wand on recent Kia cars the same way he did with Audi. The new Sorrento and the Soul are runaway best sellers. I see them all over Houston.
You can see the Audi influence in the head lights of the Optima
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz
 
Texmex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my own little world.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,496

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One






We knew it was coming for some time now, surprised it took this long to exit the auto side of the business....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






since all of Suz. is involved is it going to hurt your side of the business?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #28
TheVirus
Original OG
 
TheVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,737

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*








I just bought my mom a Kia Optima SX. For the price that is a solid little car. I am very suprised. I would of bought one instead of my Lexus. Except for the fact i couldnt live with driving a kia LOL
__________________
The First 48
TheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz
 
Texmex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my own little world.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,496

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
since all of Suz. is involved is it going to hurt your side of the business?
Should not, it was just a plan to exit the auto market, the powersports side is very healthy now....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,126

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I recently read an article about how bad they are hurting for the reasons I mentioned above. The current 600 market is not what it once was. The 600 is too close in price to the 1K and less loans are being made for them
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
DGShannon
Darrell
 
DGShannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 357

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CB1100
1983 Montesa Cota 349
1970 Honda SL100
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke (Sold)
1997 Buell Cyclone (Sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
I wonder if people will always for now on have a tarnished vision of them or even boycott their items, similar to Harley several years back when they filed.
Are you referring to back in the early eighties? All the anger, at that time, was the government stepping in to protect Harley, by imposing higher prices on import bikes. So, if you wanted to own a Honda, you paid a penalty. Government steps in to save an American manufacturer from their own failure to design products that people want to buy. 30+ years later, and it still makes me angry.
__________________
Making it harder to go to since 1999 - (http://crosspointchurch.tv)
DGShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShannon View Post
Are you referring to back in the early eighties? All the anger, at that time, was the government stepping in to protect Harley, by imposing higher prices on import bikes. So, if you wanted to own a Honda, you paid a penalty. Government steps in to save an American manufacturer from their own failure to design products that people want to buy. 30+ years later, and it still makes me angry.
What I am afraid of - and mentioned in the article bluewave talked about - is that HD may not enjoy this level of demand for their bikes for long. Their current clientele is overwhelmingly baby boomers, who will be aging out of riding in the coming decade or 2. The "follow-up" generations after BB's are not as consistent and loyal HD buyers. So unless HD wises up and start widening their product offering to attract generation X Y and Z, they might run into trouble yet again. What then? Another tarriff on imports 700cc and higher?
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
What I am afraid of - and mentioned in the article bluewave talked about - is that HD may not enjoy this level of demand for their bikes for long. Their current clientele is overwhelmingly baby boomers, who will be aging out of riding in the coming decade or 2. The "follow-up" generations after BB's are not as consistent and loyal HD buyers. So unless HD wises up and start widening their product offering to attract generation X Y and Z, they might run into trouble yet again. What then? Another tarriff on imports 700cc and higher?
Of course. American companies dont have to make quality products! That's what tax money is for!
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #34
coreyTLS
Senior Member
 
coreyTLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 273

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
1998 Suzuki TL1000s
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400
1996 Kawasaki KX60
1980 honda CB900c bobber






Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Kia is em up. Kia is killing the market. That Optima is bad
^^^ this..that optima is cleaner than most
__________________
Two is greater than four.
coreyTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy