MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

There is only one curve that I can think of. Ray Charles could make that turn at high speed
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dallas-houston Lonestar ralley Costume ride nov3 JRxGRUBZx Events, Meets and Rides 41 11-04-2012 10:11 PM
NOV3-THE HUGEST Lonestar Ralley Ride- costume ride - JRxGRUBZx Events, Meets and Rides 72 11-03-2012 01:18 PM
Lonestar Roundup 2012 jetcycles Car Forum 0 03-30-2012 12:01 PM
Lonestar ralley ride: pic and vid thread!!!! JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 178 11-17-2009 10:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I present you with exhibit A.....

LSR Costume Ride 2012 - YouTube
Exactly proves my point, pretty much the last 2 or 3 minutes of this video proves that sportbike riders, well some anyways, not all, have no room or right to talk sh*t about "Harley riders" acting stupid or trying to be cool........
completely shutting 45 down in the middle of traffic so a guy can do tricks, and ya'll wonder why cagers and police officers hate MC riders and mow them down left and right

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #23
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Thats why I avoid group rides
Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #24
ModernDiesel

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2006 Z750s
(gone) '05 SV650+conti race
'01 Yamaha YZ 125R
'88 Honda XR100R 4stroke
'04 Honda Cr250r

That's why I go on group rides...
ModernDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i much prefer the crusier riders or mature sportbike riders that, for the most part, stay in one lane on group rides.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
Lil Sweet Pea

Bike(s):
2004 Yammi R1 (sold :-( ...)
2002 Yamaha R6 (sold)
Mosquito -2008 Hyosung GT250r (sold)
2000 F4i (wrecked 01)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So who was it on a blue sportbike with MH and RideSmart stickers that sprung a coolant leak infront if us after bouncing off the rev limiter? Saw you going through the Strand again later leaking again.

...and how about the asshats cutting through traffic and between staggered bikes at 7pm on 45 north? Ill b content paying higher premiums if you all wreck and get off the streets since endangering others seems ok in your eyes. My gf was nearly clipped had she not swerved; thought she was going down.

Otherwise, saw the MH groups riding in and many old friends. Lots of riding pets(dogs, birds and even a monkey) this year.
(posted under pics & videos)

I almost got clipped by a asshat on a sportbike coming back from the rally. It was quite scary when three guys come flying past you (mind you they all had passengers) splitting two riders who are doing cruising speed. Completely un-necessary!! I almost lost it and wrecked but held my own, then two more flew by us.
We don't do group rides with big groups due to the stunting and crazies that ask for the pain, we ride only with friends where we all know how each other likes to ride.
It was a fun weekend and I'm glad that not many accidents and deaths occurred, for my first rally it was quite an experience!
Lil Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Exactly proves my point, pretty much the last 2 or 3 minutes of this video proves that sportbike riders, well some anyways, not all, have no room or right to talk sh*t about "Harley riders" acting stupid or trying to be cool........
completely shutting 45 down in the middle of traffic so a guy can do tricks, and ya'll wonder why cagers and police officers hate MC riders and mow them down left and right
I coulda sworn there was another mh ride like this a while back where the freeway was shut down...I think even people posting against it now were out there. I could be wrong but I know I saw something similar.

Also, I was on that ride and one of the concerns I had was the freeway being "shut down" I really was just going to keep going when that came to be. Well, when we got to where there was literally stopped traffic already because of all the cars on freeway, they just simply didn't move forward to where the rest of bumper to bumper traffic was. Once they got going again, we only moved up like 10 yards or so....even if I woulda.taken off, I woulda just been stuck in traffic, just a little ahead.

So the whole traffic stopped was just a matter of opportunity, I'm not saying it was the thing to do, but the way it was done, it was a slight inconvenience to an already slowed to almost a stopped traffic. Not nearly as dramatic as you guys are making it sound.

There are on both sides of the riding and non riding world. The good thing here is the minimal incidents that happened this time around.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
Tut
E-Jip-Shun

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 cbr600

wonder how many chases there were? seen one dude running 45 on friday, splitting lanes trying to get away.
Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #29
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I (for one, at least) had a nice relaxed ride down with a few friends (and TiaTool, nice meeting you btw) and it was completely uneventful on Hwy 6. Probably won't go down the long stretch of 45 again.

Advertisement