MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Q8ypilot

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

2007 Gsxr fuel/start up issue

hey MH i've been working on my bike for a little while now putting it back together ,i finally have everything together, bought a new battery today came to fire it up it will crank but won't start,i noticed that the fuel pump won't prime when i turn the key and have the kill switch in the "on" position,i checked the fuel pump fuse also replaced it and still the same as well as the relay,i have a power tester ,there is power through the fuse also checked the wires for the fuel pump on both ends the bottom part of the connector as well as the pump side,there is power in both ends but it does not prime or do anything,i hard wired the fuel pump and it pumps just fine ,is there any thoughts on what could possibly be the issue,thanks guys ,any info would help!

Also i noticed when i turn the key usually you hear like a little pre-test sound of the electrical system or so ,but it does not do that either ,all it does it the RPM cycle and that;s pretty much it ,i don't hear that noise from the fuel pump or the usual sound it does when turning the key for a few seconds! any help would be appreciated thanks!
Q8ypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pesky no start issue with my 07 R6. HELP!!!! BryanE General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-21-2015 08:33 AM
2011 R6 cold start issue SuperDave392 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-06-2013 07:24 PM
2007 GSXR-750 fuel pump issue Q8ypilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-01-2012 05:44 PM
fuel pump issue EFFIN SUZUKI CarbonJames How To's and Q & A's 47 08-08-2008 08:48 PM
Weird issue with fuel cap Intermission General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-19-2008 10:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Check your bank angle sensor, it may be unplugged, damaged or upside down

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Check your bank angle sensor, it may be unplugged, damaged or upside down
i did check it ,its mounted right side up,and plugged,i'm not sure how to tell if its bad,is there a way or just by replacing it?!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
superkat
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

superkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Get Some!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Check the wires from the run switch on the right clip on. Make sure none of the wires are cut or loose.
103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkat View Post
kick stand sensor????? or clutch sensor.. did you have any electrical problems before puttin it back together

sorry kick stand "switch" ,clutch being engaged to allow start up! no there was no electrical issues!

Advertisement