Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Q8ypilot

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

2007 GSXR-750 fuel pump issue

hey MH i've been working on my bike for a little while now putting it back together ,i finally have everything together, bought a new battery today came to fire it up it will crank but won't start,i noticed that the fuel pump won't prime when i turn the key and have the kill switch in the "on" position,i checked the fuel pump fuse also replaced it and still the same,i have a power tester ,there is power through the fuse also checked the wires for the fuel pump on both ends the bottom part of the connector as well as the pump side,there is power in both ends but it does not prime or do anything,im planning to pull the pump out tom and give it direct power to see if it works(i would be surprised if its not working since the bike has only 1900 miles) ,is there any thoughts on what could possibly be the issue,thanks guys ,any info would help!
Q8ypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 Gsxr fuel/start up issue Q8ypilot How To's and Q & A's 5 11-04-2012 09:26 PM
need fuel pump for 97 kawi 750... mackj323 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-13-2012 06:36 PM
GSXR 750 fuel pump trouble bumblebee How To's and Q & A's 17 06-01-2009 01:08 PM
fuel pump issue EFFIN SUZUKI CarbonJames How To's and Q & A's 47 08-08-2008 08:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Sounds like clutch or kickstand switch. Or its gummed up in a bad way.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Checked for a ground to the pump connector? I think one of the safety switches interrupts the fuel pump ground, like the tip over switch or ecu.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

from what i know the kickstand or clutch prevents the bike from cranking not priming,but i could be wrong!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

I gave the fuel pump direct power it pumped fuel just fine,any suggestions on what could possibly be causing the issue!

Advertisement