MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #101
FowleR6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmon3y View Post
jetcycles you should hold a seat in the senate or congress with your reasoning seariously your mentality is why america is so . I havent met you but your one sided views and back door favortim is so transparent I would be surprised if you werent a politician or liberal either way your and extremist to say the least
Here we go...
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broke down need help Bamtech Safety Corner Main 2 03-30-2014 01:43 PM
Broke down POZZD General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 06-18-2013 05:50 AM
Well I broke down..... Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 03-12-2013 12:01 PM
WHICH ONE OF YOU Fell infront of WHAT-A-Burger? haythamboi600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-26-2011 07:16 AM
Well... looks like we broke up.. Ulric Off Topic 20 04-18-2009 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #102
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

Last edited by cychotic; 11-01-2012 at 11:07 AM.
cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #103
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
jetcycles you should hold a seat in the senate or congress with your reasoning seariously your mentality is why america is so . I havent met you but your one sided views and back door favortim is so transparent I would be surprised if you werent a politician or liberal either way your and extremist to say the least
That's it put him in his place!

JUST GOT REAL SON!

Should have swapped it out yourself.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #104
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

I fap with baby seal tears

That is all

Continue
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #105
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

my fuckind head hurts... !!!

OK...

plesae continue...
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #106
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
I guess even the short bus left you behind for being a bit slow. My whole point was to state that his complaint is legitimate. Could it be exaggerated? No one really knows except for the OP and the shop. But that doesn't mean the complaint itself is not legitimate. Are you saying the OP is completely BSing? I don't think so. Theres definitely some truth in what the OP is claiming. Regardless, the whole "consultation" charge is shady in any case.

Your assumption is that since the OP isn't as sharp to your standards, therefore his complaint is not legitimate? On top of that, your whole point is to question the OP's ability to understand the business structure of the shop, which is completely off topic IMO. Logic is definitely not your thing. Try again.
I'm the bus driver, everyone here already knows that!
I didn't dismiss his entire claim as BS and I didn't state there was zero legitimacy to his claim, there very well could be some truth to the fact that he was over charged. What I do know based on the half truths presented by both parties within this thread and based on my personal experience in and around motorcycle shops leads me to believe that the OP is attempting to add drama to a very simple situation by presenting a very misleading story about the events that led to the creation of this (one star) thread. That in and of itself leads me to err on the side of caution and believe the half truths presented here by mancuso as they are far more vested in this entire industry than the OP ever will be. If these events are 100% factual as stated by the OP then Mancuso won't have that dealership very long. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be around a whole lot longer than the boy who cried wolf, your opinion may vary.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #107
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

The OP had a bad experience with this particular shop. With most bad experiences that arise, I'm sure miscommunication was a key factor. I always like to have a general idea of how much I am going to pay upfront and factor in anywhere from 10-20% more just to cover any extra costs. Let me just say that I am not shocked when I get the bill! And anytime there were any other issues that came up, the shops have always called to get my authority to perform the work. I'm not sure if the misunderstanding was on the shop's end or the OP's end; but hopefully they can resolve the issue amicably. I don't think shops are in the business of anybody. Word of mouth is a powerful thing; and negative attention can spread quickly in our little community! It's in any business's best interest to portray a positive experience, or they won't be in business too long! I had an unfavorable experience with a shop and an MH member quickly resolved it for me and now I would gladly take my bike back to that shop. the issue, as I stated before...miscommunication.
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #108
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

he does speakth the english language!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #109
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
^^ tell me somthing how much does it cost to have a sprocket changed no extras just the price of the part and the labor
Judging by your first post, I'd say it costs $240! If you genuinely feel like you were " raped", my advice would be to get online and file a formal complaint with the BBB. They will open up an investigation and come to a conclusion based on evidence provided by both parties. I GUARANTEE you one thing, a BBB complaint is going to raise some eyebrows at Mancuso headquarters. All it will cost you is about 20 minutes of your time, what's stopping ya?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #110
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Customer Survey

http://www.tmpsouth.com/custompage.a...ustomer_survey
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #111
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Judging by your first post, I'd say it costs $240! If you genuinely feel like you were " raped", my advice would be to get online and file a formal complaint with the BBB. They will open up an investigation and come to a conclusion based on evidence provided by both parties. I GUARANTEE you one thing, a BBB complaint is going to raise some eyebrows at Mancuso headquarters. All it will cost you is about 20 minutes of your time, what's stopping ya?
Mancuso's not a member so they may not give a
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #112
green600
HG Chairperson

He could really just cop and paste what he so eloquently wrote.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #113
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Right wing extremist perhaps. Argumentative by nature. Do you feel better after your little rant? I would add you to my ignore list but I need something to laugh at, thanks for being the fall guy!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #114
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
This is Devin the mechanic in this case. This is not my account but I was told about this thread through another employee, and he is letting me borrow his for the purposes of this post. From what I have seen this is getting blown a bit out of proportion, this was just a normal repair that we at Mancuso deal with on a daily basis. I am not at liberty to discuss any financial information, be it from the customer or the shop. With that being said I have no problems staying late for a customer, I did it in this case and I would do it everyday if that means getting the customer back on two wheels. Staying late has no effect on your bill whatsoever. I just hope that this does not ruin your experience with the work performed. I realize that some people have qualms with the service department, and you should feel more than comfortable to call me directly to avoid people that you may see as a problem. I cannot talk for hours but any work you are wanting to have done can be quoted and performed without the use of a writer. I have many customers that deal with me and me only. I alone serve as the writer, tech and manager (financial) for those customers. Please feel welcome at the shop everyone, it should be a good experience, not a headache!

First post yay!

Devin, Honda and Suzuki TMPS
I may not be a big fan of mancuso after previous dealings, but that is pretty cool.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #115
blackmon3y

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

I have already started the process. Ever since i posted my first post i recieved a couple pm of people who have had there run ins with mancuso and they guided me trough the process im vary sure these people Private Messaged me due to the bias views of the cyber bullies on this forum me on the other hand have no promblem being the messenger and voicing my opinion when someones wrong
blackmon3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #116
Cethridge
Earth, Sky, Ambulance!

Bike(s):
SV650-Motard Fighter
Trek
46 Ford

Quote:
^^ tell me somthing how much does it cost to have a sprocket changed no extras just the price of the part and the labor

For you sir, $240.
Cethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #117
Cethridge
Earth, Sky, Ambulance!

Bike(s):
SV650-Motard Fighter
Trek
46 Ford

Quote:
Dammit, beat me to it!
Cethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #118
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Sounds fishy. Hes right tho, the guys in teh Service dept add more time sometimes.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #119
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Mancuso's not a member so they may not give a
That's a multi million dollar business, I bet someone will give a about a BBB complaint as they are visible by anyone who seeks out such info. I do agree that they likely won't care about one little rant on motohouston.

If what Devin (mancuso mechanic) wrote is true, it sounds like that shop needs a new service writer asap!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #120
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
That's a multi million dollar business, I bet someone will give a about a BBB complaint as they are visible by anyone who seeks out such info.
Go to the BBB site and look up Mancuso and see if you'd give a

Advertisement