MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #61
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXrIN View Post
Thanks bevo come back and chit chat again soon and sounds like everyone got some stress out. Hope we can return to being here for the real reason we're here. To make friends..to have fun. To ride together..and maybe refrain from bashing instead maybe try and compromise? See all angles and find a solution..SAME TEAM?
That sounds boring. I'm here to talk !

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broke down need help Bamtech Safety Corner Main 2 03-30-2014 01:43 PM
Broke down POZZD General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 06-18-2013 05:50 AM
Well I broke down..... Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 03-12-2013 12:01 PM
WHICH ONE OF YOU Fell infront of WHAT-A-Burger? haythamboi600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-26-2011 07:16 AM
Well... looks like we broke up.. Ulric Off Topic 20 04-18-2009 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #62
GSXrIN

of a response from a shop! [/QUOTE]

Sometimes emotions get the best of all of us...thats how this whole thing started. Lol. Im guilty of it sometimes.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #63
GSXrIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
That sounds boring. I'm here to talk !
Maybe there should be a forum entitled dicks last resort forum..and everyone just go post horribly offensive things and get it all out in one designated area..like theyve done to us smokers..lol
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #64
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Sometimes emotions get the best of all of us...thats how this whole thing started. Lol. Im guilty of it sometimes.
Iv'e bitten my tongue many times
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #65
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
If you want something done right, and you can do it yourself its usually the best way. So they are friends, and you still wouldn't take your bike to their shop.
Never did I state nor imply that I didn't trust them (or their shop technicians) to perform work for me. I am very mechanically inclined and very capable with tools in hand. To be honest, Patrick and crew do far more suspension adjustments per month than most shops do in a year. It makes perfect sense (to me) to have the most informed technicians working on my machines. The Motorcycles Unlimited crew has also performed basic maintenance and tire changes for me, 84 hour work weeks render those quality in and out services well worth the cost in my world.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #66
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #67
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

If I owned a shop, and there was a PITA customer taking up employees time haggling over prices on the clock, or making them feel they need to stay late... I think I'd throw in a random "we charge to talk" to offset it, and because well, it doesn't sound like you have a repeat customer, and you probably don't want that repeat customer.

Not saying you "initiated" the additional charges/response... just that i could see it swing that way. Also, I would love free diagnostics (especially if you use them to fix it)... but I wouldn't assume it was free. Whether they are riding the bike or tearing it down... they are looking for the problem.

I'm sure there's different sides and none of us will ever know the FULL story. So, B.S. away... I'm gonna go watch some youtube motorcycle vids and cruise craigslist.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #68
GSXrIN

Quote:
Thanks for not taking my comment offensively. It wasnt intended to be rude!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #69
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
You've bitten Ivan's one too many times, also.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #70
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyxdevil1 View Post
Is this the one on 610. Heights area?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
4400 Telephone Rd
Houston,TX 77087
713-644-7535

Forum Sponsor
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #71
GSXrIN

To late. I already said that. Ahahahha.whats up dude?? Good morning. Lol
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #72
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Thanks for not taking my comment offensively. It wasnt intended to be rude!
On the internet getting hurt..... Naw......

I bet the tech's response to the OP is spot on. staying after normal business hours to help someone that created more of a problem for themselves due to taking his bike apart. Closing time means its time to lock up, and go home to your family after you put in your hours. They did step up, and get him back on the road. Can't say I would of done the same. Maybe they shouldn't of so he wouldn't have to about a 280 dollar bill. Bikes are EXPENSIVE. and small repairs like a front sprocket change aren't that hard, and save you alot of money in the end. I just dont understand the need to call op's bike a POS, and be so aggresive. Everyone's read his post and the shop tech should of just left the thread after the first response. Im biased about Mancuso I'm not going to lie and have good reason to be. Doesn't mean they dont provide good service for some it just wasnt my expierence.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #73
blackmon3y

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

LoL ill be there today bro count on it also yeah I worked on my bike outside the gate and how in the does it matter that I stand out side your shop and work on my bike while my bike waits to get worked on. Yet Again thanks for the English lesson but I'm really not that concerned about my punctuation when I'm writing to a forum FYI now if this was my mid Term different story. Lol and mister forgotten soul if you were not the person involved why the are you getting your panties in a bunch did I ever say everysinle person that I met there treated me horribly No I said the people I did encounter who initially handled my bike acted unreasonable. I met a few people there that seemed very cool and reasonable they actually tried to help me out with whatever I had going on. NOW IF THEY WERE BEHIND THE SERVICE DESK AND HANDLED MY PROBLEM WELL THIS THREAD WOULDN'T BE UP BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY DID IT !! One guy sat with me and explained what helmet was a better choice for me and another guy sat there and try to solve my fairings problem , this thread was not meant to off the parts and accessories department t because like I sad they were not the ones that hAndled my bike !! If I can recall the whole time I was having any type of problem you were no where to be found because I wasn't in your department. So how could you know what the f was going on!! OH I know how you must have listened to one of your co workers explain there side of the story about how this dumbass was outside workin on his bike and how I was impatient and rude RIGHT! Without even coming to me to figure out what my deal was or why was one of your customers un happy about the service your shop offered NO YOU DIDN'T you sat back and probably talked like all the employees did just to fit in. WELL BRO IM NOT THAT DUDE IM THE TYPE OF PERSON THA HELPS OTHERS AND WOULD GO OUT OF MY WAY FOR PEOPLE INSTEAD OF LETTING THE CROWD TELL ME HOW THE TO JUDGE A PERSON! Do you even know what I was doing outside I'm pretty sure you don't I was putting my stator cap on you tell me how difficult that is I supplied your shop with all the materials needed to fix my bike and even the tools. Yeah I can admit I'm new to this without hesitation but trust me I'm on the ball when it comes to doing my self the only reason why I went that stupid shop was because I didn't have a impact wrench and that was the only thing that would take off my fly wheel. So check your facts before trying to defend that crooked shop that u work for.. I mean I heard of team sports but this guy it going all out for his job and the funny thing is if your broke down infront of your own shop you 1 would get charged the Same I did because I'm sure they don't offer you guys employee discounts or 2 you already know how they rape people there and would not even allow them to work on your bike but never tell anyone about it lol.
blackmon3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #74
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
Regardless if price was discuss, does it mean they have the opportunity to rape you in the end? This is exactly what the complaint was about. That they WILL take ADVANTAGE of customer putting trust in them. Perfectly legitimate complaint.
Up to this point I have yet to see any indication of " raping" this idiot. Can you please highlight said information and post it up? I am of the opinion that Mancuso, the tech, the service manager, and the service writer took the raping by staying an hour beyond closing time (at $79 an hour for 3 guys that could add up fast) and then having their name smeared across this forum for no good reason. Do you even know what "flag hours" are? Do you understand how a good technician makes money by completing jobs faster than the book says it should take? And how bad techs lose money? A job that is booked at 5 hours (billed to customer) could take the tech 2-3 hours or it could take 6-8 hours. Should the tech/shop eat the gain or loss? I think not! If you don't know what you're talking about, please STFU and move along. If you can provide undeniable proof of fault on the part of Mancuso, I will gladly put my foot in my mouth and do the same.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #75
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Thanks bevo come back and chit chat again soon and sounds like everyone got some stress out. Hope we can return to being here for the real reason we're here. To make friends..to have fun. To ride together..and maybe refrain from bashing instead maybe try and compromise? See all angles and find a solution..SAME TEAM?
Wait wut? I'm looking for tips on getting away from the popo
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #76
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

User is banned

Last edited by cychotic; 11-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.
cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #77
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #78
green600
HG Chairperson

They still sell impact wrenchs. You can even buy them cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-Elec...ODA1MiJ9%0D%0A
Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #79
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Yes, exactly why they (shop or tech) should eat the loss. If they said 5 hour to complete the job, then charge 5 hour for the JOB, not for consultation or their inability to evaluate the job accurately. If they did it faster, then they have a choice to charge less to make their customer happier or keep the bill as is. That would be their gain. I don't understand how hard is that to understand.

If you don't see the crookedness in what happen to OP (based solely on what he said), then I don't think you quite understand what GOOD business ethics are.
We charge a certain amount of hours. if our techs are good enough to complete the work in less time, good for them. They still get paid the full amount. Good techs get rewarded that way. I expected my guys (collision shop) to be 200% billable. That means they should complete the work in half the time that is given for the task. WE, as a shop, and them, as great workers, get rewarded for doing the work faster than average.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #80
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Yes, exactly why they (shop or tech) should eat the loss. If they said 5 hour to complete the job, then charge 5 hour for the JOB, not for consultation or their inability to evaluate the job accurately. If they did it faster, then they have a choice to charge less to make their customer happier or keep the bill as is. That would be their gain. I don't understand how hard is that to understand.

If you don't see the crookedness in what happen to OP, then I don't think you quite understand what GOOD business ethics are.
At this point we have no idea what flag hours were charged. Using your logic (I struggled with that term while responding to your post btw), a job that flags 5 hours and is completed by an excellent tech in 3 hours should be billed at 3 hours (due to GOOD business etihics right?). If you get a less experienced tech and it takes him 7 hours, should the shop bill 7 hours because that's how long it took? That would be GOOD customer ethics right? You obviously have no idea how successful mechanic shops across the country operate otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to prove such an invalid point.

The flawed logic of the less intelligent never ceases to amaze me!

Advertisement