MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #41
GSXrIN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Well you can give us a try over here at stubbs cycles /stubbs hd. Our staff is amazing and we're proud sponsors of motohouston if you have any questions feel free to p.m me
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broke down need help Bamtech Safety Corner Main 2 03-30-2014 01:43 PM
Broke down POZZD General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 06-18-2013 05:50 AM
Well I broke down..... Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 03-12-2013 12:01 PM
WHICH ONE OF YOU Fell infront of WHAT-A-Burger? haythamboi600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-26-2011 07:16 AM
Well... looks like we broke up.. Ulric Off Topic 20 04-18-2009 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #42
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmon3y View Post
first off i discussed pricing as soon as i walked in the door secondly there is a big sign that says NEW LABOR PRICES 79.00 so it wasnt a discrepancy of price it was a PROBLEM WITH BEING CHARGED 79 DOLLARS WHILE my bike was not even scheduled to be worked on on the day i first walked in to the door SCENARIO I.E. EXAMPLE for the brothers of the "good ol boys" : You walk into shop ask to have work done person x says they will be able to do work and it will be this much and this is the what the job entitles also materials need. Do not be mistaken this was after diagnosis which i was charged full labor amount for 20 minutes it took to look at the bike. So after conversation is done I drop my bike off two days later to be worked on when its done I come to pay and my bill is 280 I ask for the beakdown and she tells me every second I conversate with her or technichian im billed for. ??? you please tell me how the thats justifiable and why is it that there are soo many english teachers on every post I make lol ulric you need a life and I wish they gave outlaw discounts but no go !!! OH since we are on discounts I even mentioned I was a Motohouston member THEY LAUPHED ! so please tell me why your taking up for someone that doesnt even acknowledge the group you are apart of ???? smh some people just like to be confrontational I guess did i spell that good enough for you BOSS
, my head hurts after trying to read and make sense of this ^^^

I think it all went bad when you "conversate" with her.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
LOL. Floyd. Love ya.

When you went to Motorcycles Unlimited or hop did they charge you to talk about the repairs. And no I don't mean that time tony paid you for the time "outback and downunder"
No. I donít get charge for talking to people... if that was the case every time someone post a question about their bike and Patrick jumps in here giving info about what they should do. He should charge for that then.

Repair shops that like to screw people donít stay in business for too long...

I work at a dealership for cars, is the same story here all the time.
We get customers that would drive all the way down from the woodlands or west Houston to come see us for repairs that can be done a lot closer to them. Why do they come to us is because of customer services.

I understand if someone me over I would never go back to them and I've also done that. But trying to resolve the isue with people that know what they are doing is a big key.

Service advisors will charge you what the technician charges.

There are so many motorcycle shops around the houston area.
-2 Wheel toyz
-HoP
-Motorcycles Unlimited
-West Honda
-TMCPS
and many, many more... pick the one that takes care of you..

Oh and one last thing.... what does been a forum member have to do with them giving you a discount. Itís up to the shop to actually take a lost for you seating back and making a few post per day.

I get people on our car forum that we will never see them until we have a big event or they really need our help and then they get 15 or 20% off for just been a forum member?

How about... we give a discount or free oil change to the customer that comes in on a regular schedule and spends money on taking care of his/her vehicle?

Just ignore me please... I'm just about the 5 years I've been in this business... I need a vacation.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #44
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
Oh and if you would like to discuss this further mr "outlaw" We will all , The tech who worked on your pos, the service manager, and me, be at work today so stop on by.
I work for a dealership too, so I know how frustrating customers can be and I also know how frustrating it can be when a customer drops off their bike right at closing and still wants help. With that being said, this post didn't accomplish anything and will probably make things worse. I know good and well you wouldn't want the service manager to see this.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to say don't let your frustration threaten your job security.

Last edited by FowleR6; 11-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Ok first off this is all Total BS. I work in the service dept for Mancuso South. Not only did they let this tool tear down his own bike on our property but we also stayed a hour PAST closing to help him get back on the road! Your complaining about a 280 bill? Get real man. You should have been charged more seeing how that tech dropped what he had to do after work and helped you out. Could have just kicked you out at closing and made you ol lady pick you up again. Learn to ride, stop droping your bike, and grow a set. If you had such a problem you should have came to Joel, the service manager, and discussed it with him. I am sure if something wrong was done we could have fixed it.
Quote:
Oh and if you would like to discuss this further mr "outlaw" We will all , The tech who worked on your pos, the service manager, and me, be at work today so stop on by.
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #46
luckyxdevil1

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR-750 '02
69' Yamaha 650 back in the day

Send a message via Yahoo to luckyxdevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXrIN View Post
Well you can give us a try over here at stubbs cycles /stubbs hd. Our staff is amazing and we're proud sponsors of motohouston if you have any questions feel free to p.m me
Is this the one on 610. Heights area?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #47
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Idiot owns POS bike. Idiot takes POS bike to dealer and thinks prices are high. Idiot comes to MH, fabricates a story, and whines like a about having to "pay to play". Idiot gets called out on BS story, making the idiots that defended him look like idiots too. Moral of the thread...don't be an idiot. If you are an idiot, speak less and listen more. Looks like I need to add the idiot OP to my ignore list!
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #48
Cethridge
Earth, Sky, Ambulance!

Bike(s):
SV650-Motard Fighter
Trek
46 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Idiot owns POS bike. Idiot takes POS bike to dealer and thinks prices are high. Idiot comes to MH, fabricates a story, and whines like a about having to "pay to play". Idiot gets called out on BS story, making the idiots that defended him look like idiots too. Moral of the thread...don't be an idiot. If you are an idiot, speak less and listen more. Looks like I need to add the idiot OP to my ignore list!
Cethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #49
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

don't forget idiot crashed bike shortly after idiot starting riding, or trying to ride.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #50
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Fwiw that mancuso is NOT a sponsor. Only the sw location.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #51
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Ok first off this is all Total BS. I work in the service dept for Mancuso South. Not only did they let this tool tear down his own bike on our property but we also stayed a hour PAST closing to help him get back on the road! Your complaining about a 280 bill? Get real man. You should have been charged more seeing how that tech dropped what he had to do after work and helped you out. Could have just kicked you out at closing and made you ol lady pick you up again. Learn to ride, stop droping your bike, and grow a set. If you had such a problem you should have came to Joel, the service manager, and discussed it with him. I am sure if something wrong was done we could have fixed it.
Quote:
Love it man! So many times I have wanted to tell my customers something like this but never had the pair to do it! I'm living vicariously through you!
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #52
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

And yea... it's pretty dang normal to charge a diagnostic fee. 1/2 the battle sometimes is figuring out what's wrong with the thing. I wish I could take my bike somewhere, have a pro tell me exactly whats wrong with it, for free, then take it home and fix it myself instead of paying $79/hr.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #53
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

so this went to quick...
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #54
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Ok. Not quite the same timeline from the first post. Three sides to every story. Oh well.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #55
Clos

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
1999 CBR1100XX BlackBird
1990 CBR600F (Wrecked)
2006 Suzuki GSX600F Katana (Sold)

That has got to be some of the longest run-on senrences i have ever read.
On a side note, if what you say is true that sucks. Did you speak with the service manager?
Clos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #56
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
One of the Mancuso south sales guys and I have been giggling about this thread since last night. Lauphing, if you will.

Blackmonk3y, hope you enjoyed your brief stay at MH. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Last edited by The Black Sheepdog; 11-01-2012 at 08:54 AM.
The Black Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #57
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos View Post
That has got to be some of the longest run-on senrences i have ever read.
On a side note, if what you say is true that sucks. Did you speak with the service manager?
Apparently not, see post # 44...
Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #58
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyxdevil1 View Post
Is this the one on 610. Heights area?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
South Loop on Telephone Rd
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #59
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
I have worked alongside and remain friends with the service/parts manager at mancuso southwest and the former service manager at mancuso gulf freeway. Having spent soo much time behind the counter and in the shop I rarely had the need to bring a bike in for service, if I did it only went to Patrick and the crew at Motorcycles Unlimited.
If you want something done right, and you can do it yourself its usually the best way. So they are friends, and you still wouldn't take your bike to their shop.

Quote:
Yes customers can suck, but in the end bad customer service hurts business.

Quote:
of a response from a shop!
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #60
GSXrIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
South Loop on Telephone Rd
Thanks bevo come back and chit chat again soon and sounds like everyone got some stress out. Hope we can return to being here for the real reason we're here. To make friends..to have fun. To ride together..and maybe refrain from bashing instead maybe try and compromise? See all angles and find a solution..SAME TEAM?

Advertisement