MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
Vegas Kid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Maybe they charged you a translation fee...

I can't follow you...

Did you get an estimate in writing? They really shouldn't be charging just to diagnose unless they had to take a bunch of stuff off
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broke down need help Bamtech Safety Corner Main 2 03-30-2014 01:43 PM
Broke down POZZD General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 06-18-2013 05:50 AM
Well I broke down..... Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 03-12-2013 12:01 PM
WHICH ONE OF YOU Fell infront of WHAT-A-Burger? haythamboi600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-26-2011 07:16 AM
Well... looks like we broke up.. Ulric Off Topic 20 04-18-2009 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
blackmon3y

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

lol good one anyways they charged labor for the time he drove my bike and looked at it in front of the store to see what they thought was wrong with it and no while doing this they did not take any parts off the bike
blackmon3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #23
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmon3y View Post
Well Ivan that would be a perfect place for u lol but on the up beat sams cycle salvage helped me save enough to balance things out if u go there ask for Romeo 36 he will take care of u a true bike community MH member
this, Romeo36 and Sam's are legit. taken care of me and bikes plenty of times before.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

That is ridiculous. If this was the way it worked at Motorcycles Unlimited I would be broke and Patrick would own my first born.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
lol good one anyways they charged labor for the time he drove my bike and looked at it in front of the store to see what they thought was wrong with it and no while doing this they did not take any parts off the bike
ok. let me get this straight....

You took your bike to a shop/dealership for them to look at it and let you know what was wrong with it and you expected it to be free?

Did you even talked to the Manager to try to resolve your un-satisfaction about the services done? or did they even worked on your bike?

I'm lost.....
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #26
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Mancuso south in la marque was the worst place i have ever been to in my LIFE!!! I by far am not close to a cheap skate but this place was unreasonable in price and customer service ..

charged me 240 to put a front sprocket and a little gasket sealant on my bike and thats after i talked to them for an hour and had them break down what exactly they charged.

the lady at the front desk tried to charge me labor at 79 an hour just for talking to them about the problems with my bike. Then she tried to explain to me that any time a speak to them about my bike its on the clock my bike wasnt even in the bay it was parked in the front !! RIDICULOUS!!

Im pretty sure yall have had good experiences with them but this is just me explaining my personal experience. BEWARE AND BRING LUBE IF YOU GO THERE CAUSE THEY ARE RAPING PEOPLE
Old 10-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #27
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
ok. let me get this straight....

You took your bike to a shop/dealership for them to look at it and let you know what was wrong with it and you expected it to be free?

Did you even talked to the Manager to try to resolve your un-satisfaction about the services done? or did they even worked on your bike?

I'm lost.....

Weird. I got he went up to talk about getting his bike fixed. In doing so he got a consultation from a tech. They charged him $79 an hour but tacked it on the end of the bill.

If that is what happened I'd fire bomb that motherfukker.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #28
image0r
T MoneY

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike) SOLD
2009 Yamaha R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Is tell them to get bent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
image0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #29
image0r
T MoneY

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike) SOLD
2009 Yamaha R6 SOLD

Member Garage

I'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
image0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #30
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
first off i discussed pricing as soon as i walked in the door secondly there is a big sign that says NEW LABOR PRICES 79.00 so it wasnt a discrepancy of price it was a PROBLEM WITH BEING CHARGED 79 DOLLARS WHILE my bike was not even scheduled to be worked on on the day i first walked in to the door

SCENARIO I.E. EXAMPLE for the brothers of the "good ol boys" : You walk into shop ask to have work done person x says they will be able to do work and it will be this much and this is the what the job entitles also materials need.

Do not be mistaken this was after diagnosis which i was charged full labor amount for 20 minutes it took to look at the bike. So after conversation is done I drop my bike off two days later to be worked on when its done I come to pay and my bill is 280 I ask for the breakdown and she tells me every second I talking to her or the technician im billed for. ???

can you please tell me how the thats justifiable and why is it that there are soo many english teachers on every post I make lol ulric you need a life and I wish they gave outlaw discounts but no go !!! OH since we are on discounts I even mentioned I was a Motohouston member THEY LAUGHED ! so please tell me why your taking up for someone that doesnt even acknowledge the group you are apart of ???? smh some people just like to be confrontational I guess did i spell that good enough for you BOSS
Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #31
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
lol ulric you need a life
dude, I'm not the one making 5+ posts a day full of melodrama
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Weird. I got he went up to talk about getting his bike fixed. In doing so he got a consultation from a tech. They charged him $79 an hour but tacked it on the end of the bill.

If that is what happened I'd fire bomb that motherfukker.
the only work you are responsible to pay is the work you have authorized.

If you didn't sign a repair order, or didn't approved any work to be done then you wouldn't have paid for anything... but you did. witch means you sign the repairs to be done or you're just plain stupid!

I have taken my bike for valve adjustment to fork seals repair and I have always been told what I was going to pay BEFORE the work was done.

I also have a good relationship with the MC shop on the SW side and they have NEVER done anything like that to me.

I've taken my bike to Motorcycles Unlimited, HoP and other local shops and you better know what you're going to pay before the work is even started.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm sure it could have been handle in a different way.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
ok yall are making this a lot harder than it really is.. if you read what he wrote slowly and actually take the time to comprehend what he is saying it will make sense. taitool seems to have it figured out correctly
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #34
blackmon3y

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

thanks tiatool for clearifying something i thought was very clear and im not saying any other mancuso shop is this way like i said on the original post this was at the lamarque location. Im a pretty sharp person when it comes to money i just was very fustrated and tired of dealing with them so i just payed them also money is not the problem it is the simple fact that i dont like people to screw me over. The post is for my fellow riders to be aware and yeah maybe a little slander for self satisfaction. I didnt like the way they handled the situation nore do i want any of my friends that have helped me on motohouston to go through what i went through. Maybe it was my green horn mentality but either way people should not take advatage of the situation. That being said fire bomb sounds good about now or some good ol politics either way hope damage is done
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #35
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

LOL. Floyd. Love ya.

When you went to Motorcycles Unlimited or hop did they charge you to talk about the repairs. And no I don't mean that time tony paid you for the time "outback and downunder"
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #36
blackmon3y

Bike(s):
R6 RAVEN
07 GIXXER
07 GSXR

thanks romeo and bro i bought that plasti dip stuff.... awesome!! hopefully saturday i will be in my skin again
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #37
bun1t

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

Quote:
First you said they were talking to you now you're saying they rode the bike and looked at it. If it's the latter than that is diagnosing the problem. Most dealerships charge to have a tech do diagnostics, nothing new.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #38
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
First you said they were talking to you now you're saying they rode the bike and looked at it. If it's the latter than that is diagnosing the problem. Most dealerships charge to have a tech do diagnostics, nothing new.
Pretty sure he made it clear that he understood that which is why he paid for the 20 minute diagnosis.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #39
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Pretty sure he made it clear that he understood that which is why he paid for the 20 minute diagnosis.
Then what's the problem with what they charged? Sounds to me as if the OP didn't know what the bike needed, hence the 20 minutes of diagnostic work. I don't know very many mechanics that like to work for free, do you? $79 an hour is not too bad, there are quite a few local shops that charge more. Owning, riding, and servicing a motorcycle aren't cheap.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

maybe OP should learn the english language before trying to conduct business.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement