MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I hate large, national banks.

In this day and age of telecommunications, debit cards etc.. it always amazes me in regards to just how slow today's banks can be in fixing issues...and how often they occur.

Yesterday after work, I needed to make a withdrawal from my bank atm. I entered the amount I wanted to withdraw, and recieved a message stating there were insufficient funds and it would result in an overdraft, do I wish to proceed?

I selected no, and return card... closer to the home, I decided I would take a smaller amount. So I pulled into my bank branch location at the atm and try again. I recieved the same message, so I canceled and this time requested a balance statement...only to find it was claiming I had a negative balance. Thinking 'WTF', I drove home...logged in and pulled up my account balance/statement....and what I find is that the original canceled withdrawl AND the second attempt were being listed as pending payments.
I call the bank, explain the situation and I'm told they'll file a claim in regards to the problem that can take up to 10 days.

...I really hate banks.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banks Mr.D Off Topic 43 11-14-2010 08:47 AM
I seriously have no luck w banks... CaligoneTx Off Topic 25 03-18-2010 01:35 PM
banks: irritating procedures GAU-8 Off Topic 19 01-11-2010 10:49 AM
fck banks! MudBug Off Topic 23 11-17-2008 02:00 PM
TYRA BANKS PETE Off Topic 26 12-18-2005 01:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Not all pending transactions go threw at my bank. Hopefully yours is like mine and it will clear out.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Do they have a local branch where you can talk to a manager?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
I say go into a branch and talk to someone....they should be able to straighten it out....at least I know at my Credit Union they can.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Not all pending transactions go threw at my bank. Hopefully yours is like mine and it will clear out"

They sure as better. :-) The 'banker' on the phone tried to claim this as a mechanical error. I calmly explained to her that I felt this was not a mechanical error, unless one classified bad design & implementation as such.
If their atm can report a request to withdraw funds from an account then that system should also be able to accurately report when said transaction is canceled.
One such 'error' could be relegated as a glitch, 2 such 30 minutes apart is something else.

Yea Fay... plan on going there during my lunch break. Irksome that with all their 'push' for electronic banking, it takes showing up in person to attempt to get anything done quickly.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

In my experience most banks nowadays just want to hold on to your money as long as possible without giving you access to it.

What I've always done, with good results, is to use a bank that has a local extended hour branch or 24 hour branch, like in a Walmart.

Once you become a regular, introduce yourself to the manager and get to know a few of the tellers as well.

In the long run it can come in real handy knowing these folks.

Good luck with your deal, I'm sure it will get straightened out.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

which bank was it? mine (tbacu) was saying that my account had been in the negative for Months yesterday -with 100s of transactions completed. I think they just misdated one of my newer transactions, but it scared me.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I called my bank while at Patrick's shop to get them to clear a purchase and they told me to call back in an hour because the computers where updating. Who the updates computer in the misddle of the afternoon on a business day?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
In my experience most banks nowadays just want to hold on to your money as long as possible without giving you access to it.

What I've always done, with good results, is to use a bank that has a local extended hour branch or 24 hour branch, like in a Walmart.

Once you become a regular, introduce yourself to the manager and get to know a few of the tellers as well.

In the long run it can come in real handy knowing these folks.

Good luck with your deal, I'm sure it will get straightened out.
And not to mention almost all the national banks are in lawsuits for how they choose to hold on to peoples money based on the amount of the purchase as to cause over drafts.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"which bank was it?"

Wells Fargo would be the vermin in question.
I've been informed that it should be 'clear/corrected' and displayed
correctly by tomorrow.
My response is pending, it being done...as I'd prefer to
see it complete before I let my opinion loose with them.
It's my intent to attempt to push for some sort of compensation
as they have no qualms in charging for overdrafts. Seems to me, If
I make a mistake and have to pay a penalty, so should the bank
(and when I created this account they were all about their "goofproof" banking).
Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

OK well the pending transactions will dissappear after a set time period-I believe it is 24 hours. The pending transactions are there to help prevent large overdrafts (they often occurr at restaurants-after you've given the card but before you've signed the check)-you also see the 1$ ones at gas stations. Unfortunately, in this case that is the system so next time you will know-though the system is overall a good thing.

May I suggest USAA as a bank to all those unhappy with their bank-far and above my favorite bank ever. You get no branches but the customer service is excellent. I personally have almost everything with USAA - car insurance, home insurance, car note, banking, and cc. The only thing I don't is my mortgage and I wish I did-though its definitely not worth the refinance.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"OK well the pending transactions will dissappear after a set time period-I believe it is 24 hours. The pending transactions are there to help prevent large overdrafts (they often occurr at restaurants-after you've given the card but before you've signed the check)-you also see the 1$ ones at gas stations. Unfortunately, in this case that is the system so next time you will know-though the system is overall a good thing."

The problem in this however, lies in regards to their ATM system. I've seen/used non-WF atms that quickly reported a when a problem was encountered a transaction. Ie: Money Feed jams, etc... in these case the 'charge' was immediately canceled or reversed. The fact that the banks own ATM systems at their branch locations, lack and/or are apparently incapable of this...is to me, questionable.
If the ATM is capable of noticing my balance state and that there is risk of overdraft charge, that same system should be capable of properly handling a canceled withdrawal or other action as equally. Or to clarify, if I check my statement I should see where the request was made, and then a reversal or credit back to that account for the same amount... if they could not merely place the figure with a comment like 'canceled transaction'.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

FBOA
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement