MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

my last race of 2012

i had a great time, but the results were not too good....
started off bad when a rider went down in front of me in practice and i was so close on his that i had a choice of hitting him or laying it down and hope i missed him, i laid it down. no serious injuries to me or the bike, i was just stiff and sore and screwed up the brake lever.... fixed the lever and went on with the races but i was never really in them... my first race was race 6, open motard...i expected to finish last in that race and the goal was to keep from being lapped, i did not achieve my goal, i got lapped by the race winner...
my next race was race 17, with such a long time between races the stiffness got worse and if i had not needed points to finish in the top 5 for the year i would have just skipped it.... i did well for the first 4 laps, i got a decent start and was in 4th place coming out of turn one, i held that position for a few laps, but the soreness and stiffness took its toll and i could not shift from side to side and started riding pretty much in a straight up position which cut my speed, i wound up finishing 10 out of what i think was 14...
i was too sore and stiff to continue and that was my last race of the day....
all that said, i loved it, had a great day and am already looking forward to next season...i have not figured the points total but hope that i stayed in the top 10 for the season....
Travis and Jody came out and spectated today and spent some time with my wife and myself in our pit... really enjoyed visiting with them and look forward to Travis racing with us next year...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TT Isle of Man 2012 Race 2 MATT L. General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-12-2012 03:43 PM
C **MotoGP 1st Race Viewing @ V21 April 8 2012!** NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 132 04-09-2012 01:56 PM
TMGP First Race Scheduled 2012 Bagwell Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 02-14-2012 07:42 PM
2012 CMRA Race Schedule. Solracer Taking it to the Track 8 10-21-2011 08:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Skid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Sorry to hear you have to bow out early. But at least you are still having a good time!

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

oh yes, that is the most fun i have had getting sore all over since my football days as a kid.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
DLite
David

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

Was this anyone you know?

DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

wow!!! that looked freaking scary!!!! lol.

Obed keep your head up. You did good and finished the entire season. I've been really busy lately and never got a chance make a race. I've only ridden it once and that was the day i bought it from steve. I will for sure be out there next season. i had a couple of issues i wanted to correct with the bike anyway. Ill let you know when i get my membership so you can show me the ropes. I should be at msrh on the 17th with fastline. Are you going to make this one?
QUICKGIXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

you did a good job this yr obed, keep it up and see ya out there next yr
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104