MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: should all feed back be public or private
public to everyone 37 72.55%
private PM direct to sponsor 0 0%
doesnt really matter to you 1 1.96%
!!! 13 25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

question to all MH members and MODS!!!

okay so i know i will probably get for saying this but i wanted to get my question out there and see what everyone thinks...

so from what i understand if we get good service and a good experience from our sponsors we usually post in here and say how good a job they did and its all well and good right...

so why is it that we cant ( or at least thats what i got from the other thread) do it if we had a bad experience. should we be able to post here and say that it was not up to par with what we expected? don't we have the right share our experience?

i just looked over a thread that a users got a "warning" saying that if he posted anything like that again he would be banned for 4 weeks. WHY because he wasn't satisfied?? why does he have to send it in a PM why not share with all the members what he went through is that part of the point of being a member of a forum to discuss experiences and what not?

maybe I'm just missing something and if that the case i will remove this post and never mention it again..

Mod Response:

Not all threads detailing a negative experience with a sponsor are locked/deleted. You also have to realize that sponsors have moderator powers within their respective forums and what they do with such threads are beyond us. Personally, I like to see both good and bad experiences so that I can make an informed decision about where to take my business. However, that being said, we expect you to be an adult about it and give the sponsor the benefit of the doubt. If you go to a shop and have an issue then work yourself up on your way home just to get behind a keyboard and bash them, we're probably going to lock/delete. However, if you have an issue, take it up with the sponsor in person or via email, etc and it still does not get resolved to your level of satisfaction and you wish to write about it in a mature manner for others to see, go for it. Spam will always be deleted, and sometimes potentially helpful threads warning others of a shop/sponsor are cleaned or deleted entirely due to a plethora of pointless posts or people turning something simple into a needless lynch mob.

Last edited by a forum moderator; 10-19-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: DvlRacer
Bounce305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks MH Members! CaligoneTx Off Topic 5 06-08-2010 07:49 AM
THIS IS WHAT SOME MH MEMBERS NEED... TREE Off Topic 5 05-23-2009 10:02 AM
something i could see MH members doing Gryphin Off Topic 13 02-11-2009 11:03 PM
who? any MH members? H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 08-24-2008 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

tread lightly

There is a sponsor that I have used that I would not go back to. I did not feel the need to make a thread about it. It is what it is, and if others like the level of customer service and quality of work for the price more power to them.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

i dont mean that we should bash them in public... i just think we should be able to share our experiences.. for instance you say there is a sponsor you wouldnt use anymore correct there is a reason for that.. you dont feel like it was something you needed to share but what if you did want to share with the rest of us. i might not know you personally but if im looking for something and i read here you didnt get the service you expected i might think twice before trying to get the same service at said location... it would just save me the hassle of not being satisfied..
Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

and from the poll results so far i think people agree with me.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Kaitlin
:-D

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 r6 track bike baby
08 CBR600rr- Sold
04 r6- Sold

I completely agree with Nick aka bounce.

We should be able to talk about a place be it a MH sponsor or not, be it a good or bad review.... This place is supposed to be about information correct?

Reason we can't say what we want.... Obama.
Kaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Uhm...pretty sure that other thread got posts deleted, locked and members warned because of the threadjacking bullshit posts. Otherwise, they would have just deleted it

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Uhm...pretty sure that other thread got posts deleted, locked and members warned because of the threadjacking bullshit posts. Otherwise, they would have just deleted it
correct... It was just a bunch of b/s'ing in that thread.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Angieslist on mh!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
correct... It was just a bunch of b/s'ing in that thread.
the nerve of some people!!!

Khaki shirt.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
Well, is it OK to give a bad reviews on non-sponsors? I believe that is allowed. So it should all be public.
Usually, if someone with a gripe has tried to handle a situation like a grown up [tried resolving the issue with the sponsor and not just running straight to their keyboard with an "I'll show them" attitude], then yes, mods usually allow the thread to live. Provided, of course, that the conversation stays civil and on-topic.

Khaki shirt.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Usually, if someone with a gripe has tried to handle a situation like a grown up [tried resolving the issue with the sponsor and not just running straight to their keyboard with an "I'll show them" attitude], then yes, mods usually allow the thread to live. Provided, of course, that the conversation stays civil and on-topic.
exactly
Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
It wouldn't matter if they run to their keyboard or not. If it is resolved at the end, I only see that as good customer service. Or even better, being able to deal with bad customers. There is nothing to hide if it is the truth.
agreed with you 100%
Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

drama llama

wooowoooo...........weekend is HERE!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
okay so i know i will probably get for saying this but i wanted to get my question out there and see what everyone thinks...

so from what i understand if we get good service and a good experience from our sponsors we usually post in here and say how good a job they did and its all well and good right...

so why is it that we cant ( or at least thats what i got from the other thread) do it if we had a bad experience. should we be able to post here and say that it was not up to par with what we expected? don't we have the right share our experience?

i just looked over a thread that a users got a "warning" saying that if he posted anything like that again he would be banned for 4 weeks. WHY because he wasn't satisfied?? why does he have to send it in a PM why not share with all the members what he went through is that part of the point of being a member of a forum to discuss experiences and what not?

maybe I'm just missing something and if that the case i will remove this post and never mention it again..
It wasn't locked cuz he was talking mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHEAD View Post
I completely agree with Nick aka bounce.

We should be able to talk about a place be it a MH sponsor or not, be it a good or bad review.... This place is supposed to be about information correct?

Reason we can't say what we want.... Obama.
Oh calm yourself, it's the same everywhere else and their sponsors, some even worse. I seent it!!
Quote:
What this guy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
Here is one of those now.

Nick, not that you don't have a valid question, but this has been a topic on here before, more than a few times I think.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Edited your original post with my response so it did not get lost. If you have an issue with the response feel free to PM me or one of the administrators.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

If x and y are both sponsors and x screws u every time someone asks where to go tell them go to y. Passive aggressive revenge. U still get mh advertising $$ but help the one u like
Kawafasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

if a shop really screwed me over, I would not settle for a post...
I would pm anyone asking questions about service and tell them what happened, then if they choose to use that shop anyway, it is on them.
That said, i have had very few times in my life where something could not be worked out, it happens but it is rare. I have to say that my dealings with any of our sponsors has been good, the one shop i have dealt with the most is MH and Patrick has always been easy to deal with, and the service was always beyond what I asked for.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Motorcycles Unlimited seems to be the go to place
Kawafasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement