Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
chevy42083

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Loose dogs suck.
I've had to kick a few dogs as well as outrun a few while bicycling... retards should leash their dogs if the dogs can't/don't obey. I've only been chased a little past the property line when in the country (it helps that I could sprint in the mid to upper 30's mph and hold it awhile).

I have had a small little yappy dog bite my socks... was riding a fixed gear with clipless pedals... wanted to sprint instead of kick... ended up clipping out and flipped him off the side then taking off before he got his bearings back.

There's plenty of guys who carry pepper spray of some sort and several who get a water bottle out when approaching a dog to spray them if they get too close.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Angry Asian Man Schmidie Off Topic 17 11-15-2011 05:04 PM
GATOR IN FLORIDA GETS KILLED BY WILD PACK OF DOGS !!! Chris24 Off Topic 5 05-05-2006 05:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
YOU EVER BEEN CHASED BY A PACK OF DOGS SON! lol sounds like a funny story now, I bet it wasnt then.
lol I was in 3rd or 4th grade and pedaling my old huffy as hard as i could, convinced I was going to die.. Wasn't funny back then. lol. They belonged to some people who didn't have any fences and kept the dogs outside. I remember a German sheppard, pitbull, and 2 dobermans barking and snapping at my back tire.

We would ride past that house half the time because it was the quickest way to school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I had a similar pet owners and theirs were pitt/australian shepard looking mixes. Only dogs I ever wanted to go back and kill.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
DAT GUY

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
81 XS650
95 Sportster 1200-sold
07 650R-sold

had a pit come at me once as a kid. Jumped off my bike and stood on one side keeping it away from me... the woman came out with a pistol and told me to stop messing with her dog lol. I was like are you kidding me? I was in the street outside of the fence. Being from Texas and in Rhode Island at the time I told Mom... she packed her pistol and we rolled back over to keep it real. That was my first experience with the sweetest breed in the world

that guy was a sissy btw for screaming like a big girl.
DAT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
green600
HG Chairperson

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT GUY View Post
had a pit come at me once as a kid. Jumped off my bike and stood on one side keeping it away from me... the woman came out with a pistol and told me to stop messing with her dog lol. I was like are you kidding me? I was in the street outside of the fence. Being from Texas and in Rhode Island at the time I told Mom... she packed her pistol and we rolled back over to keep it real. That was my first experience with the sweetest breed in the world

Yeah, its just that breed.... Ive been bitten twice by dogs neither were APBT. You should hold the grudge against stupid or irresponsible pet owners.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
lol I was in 3rd or 4th grade and pedaling my old huffy as hard as i could, convinced I was going to die.. Wasn't funny back then. lol. They belonged to some people who didn't have any fences and kept the dogs outside. I remember a German sheppard, pitbull, and 2 dobermans barking and snapping at my back tire.

We would ride past that house half the time because it was the quickest way to school.
Lmaooooo

Great stories
Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #27
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Back in Russia there was a 60 ear old dude walking around with a grizzly sized dog who threw itself at every pedestrian, and the old could barely hold it.
They do that for fun.
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Loose dogs suck.
I've had to kick a few dogs

theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #29
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:

Careful. You're gonna hurt some feewings.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #30
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

It's normally a pack of ugly in heat ambushing me. Just as scary.

j/k

Brool story co....I got sorta bit by a shepherd last year. Came at me full speed, silent, mad as . I jumped backwards over a 5 foot iron fence while it tore my shoe off my foot. Not fun, but no grudge, it just put two teeth bruises on the top and bottom of my foot. My customer bought me a new pair of sketchers, lol. I guess, it could have been a 30 second crazy eye poking out, choke holding, throat punching man v dog bloodbath if that fence were 2 feet higher.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #31

Bike(s):
SV650

Once I found out all I could think was...

Sheep .
#328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #32
phantomzrex

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Loose dogs suck.
I've had to kick a few dogs as well as outrun a few while bicycling... retards should leash their dogs if the dogs can't/don't obey. I've only been chased a little past the property line when in the country (it helps that I could sprint in the mid to upper 30's mph and hold it awhile).

I have had a small little yappy dog bite my socks... was riding a fixed gear with clipless pedals... wanted to sprint instead of kick... ended up clipping out and flipped him off the side then taking off before he got his bearings back.

There's plenty of guys who carry pepper spray of some sort and several who get a water bottle out when approaching a dog to spray them if they get too close.
Nice try but humans can't run 30 MPH, world records of 100m and 200m only topped at slightly over 23 MPH.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #33
Remcycle

Bike(s):
2001 Suzuki TL1000s

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
Nice try but humans can't run 30 MPH, world records of 100m and 200m only topped at slightly over 23 MPH.
He was on a bicycle, bro. Sounds like a racing bike by the gear.
Remcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
_Iceman_
Aerobatics Junkie

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda ZR50
Blata 2.5

I'd have been nervous

I had an encounter with a pitbull. Smart dogs. So I wouldn't outrun him by him coming up perpendicular to me, he ran up the street to get ahead of me and cut me off.

www.s2kdj.com
_Iceman_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement