Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #21
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Well, I went and sat on the 109R yesterday. OMG that thing is ginormous. Too big for lil'o me :(

I sat on a couple other big twin bikes, a HondaVTX 1800 and a Harley Davidson Vrod vrscdx night rod special. Both these bikes are a whole lot narrower then the Boulevard aswell as lighter (especially the VROD). Flat out, I reeeeally like the night rod. Seat height is almost 26 inches high, which is perfect for me, and I was surprised at how easy it was just to fling it upright. The look of the bike is just amazing. Im actually considering renting it for a day. I REALLY want that bike, but man...16,400 or so for it :laughing6 :BangHead:
yeah, but that vrod is a spiffy ride indeed, mad power too
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My New Cruiser Gixxer Geezer Cruisers Lounge 21 08-02-2013 08:57 AM
HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU GOT YOUR FIRST CRUISER ? KEITH HUBBARD Cruisers Lounge 69 03-15-2011 11:29 AM
cruiser down!!! m109runner General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-07-2010 09:18 PM
Cruiser Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 18 01-26-2010 09:28 AM
Sorry it's a cruiser 1fastchevy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-05-2008 09:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
yeah, but that vrod is a spiffy ride indeed, mad power too

120 is what the sales guy told me. I gotta say it though, the guy I talked wasnt well knowlegable about the bikes. Cool guy, but the guy didnt know what a dog box was when I asked him if the cruisers are quiped with them He was boasting about the power of the beefy Vtwin and then adding "that makes more horsepower than your crotch rocket" I just replied, "actually, it makes about the same " he was like " what size is the motor though" '600 ' "oh.... "
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






where did you go?
try mancusco on the north 610 loop, I did my homework, and took a notebook full of notes and comparisons and they had everybody in texas beat on the bike and options I wanted. again, I have to say, the salesperson I dealt with on my purchase wasnt very informed either, but is no longer employed there .
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
where did you go?
try mancusco on the north 610 loop, I did my homework, and took a notebook full of notes and comparisons and they had everybody in texas beat on the bike and options I wanted. again, I have to say, the salesperson I dealt with on my purchase wasnt very informed either, but is no longer employed there .

I finally hit up Republic Harley Davidson @ 59S & Kirkwood. Its ben there for a few years now. I pass by it all the time and I actually live 1 light down from it. I finally decided to go take a gander. All I have to say, that place is just absolutly amazing. I was also surprised its a one stop shop.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #25
tedbiele
Senior Member
 
tedbiele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 106


Bike(s):
2003 Anniv Busa









Send a message via ICQ to tedbiele Send a message via AIM to tedbiele Send a message via Yahoo to tedbiele
Of the cruisers out now the M109 is the most powerful on the road. I like the Roadliner 07 star roadliner mid 05 60afc119 I demo'ed the other day by Yamaha. Stop by and I'll get you a demo on that and our 13002007 vstar1300 7d 7e018fe4. You wont regret - try before you buy!
__________________
Ted B
tedbiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #26
Steve O Chap
Big Hero
 
Steve O Chap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,902

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold







Valkyrie Rune.... oooooh.

honda valkyrie rune
__________________
My bicycle costs more than your motorcycle...
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #27
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






^^^ forgot about that one, those are smooooooth indeed
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #28
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
^^^ forgot about that one, those are smooooooth indeed
27K and 800+lbs dry smoooooth now THOSE things are massive...
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #29
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
27K and 800+lbs dry smoooooth now THOSE things are massive...
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #30
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...delId=NRX18EB5


$27,699. Last year was 2005 lol When I bought my 600, there was one behind the receptionist. Holy . It was bigger than the entire reception desk.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #31
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
I finally hit up Republic Harley Davidson @ 59S & Kirkwood. Its ben there for a few years now. I pass by it all the time and I actually live 1 light down from it. I finally decided to go take a gander. All I have to say, that place is just absolutly amazing. I was also surprised its a one stop shop.
if u go here ask for bridgitte. new sales person and not bad on the eyes either.
friend of a friend. tell her michael, suzanns friend sent ya.
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #32
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by train460
if u go here ask for bridgitte. new sales person and not bad on the eyes either.
friend of a friend. tell her michael, suzanns friend sent ya.

The receptionist up front wasnt a bad looker either, but dont let my gf know I said that :p
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #33
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
120 is what the sales guy told me. I gotta say it though, the guy I talked wasnt well knowlegable about the bikes. Cool guy, but the guy didnt know what a dog box was when I asked him if the cruisers are quiped with them He was boasting about the power of the beefy Vtwin and then adding "that makes more horsepower than your crotch rocket" I just replied, "actually, it makes about the same " he was like " what size is the motor though" '600 ' "oh.... "

dude, no offense, but you're not exactly a motorcycle encyclopedia either. and yes, ALL motorcycles have straight cut gears. but they're only referred to dog boxes in cars.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
dude, no offense, but you're not exactly a motorcycle encyclopedia either. and yes, ALL motorcycles have straight cut gears. but they're only referred to dog boxes in cars.
Never claimed I was one and I never will. Thats why I ask questions.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






120hp on a vrod is about right. Yamah V-max can still outrun all the above mentioned bikes in the 1/4 mile and is with 1985 technology. go figure.
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #36
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Well, I went and sat on the 109R yesterday. OMG that thing is ginormous. Too big for lil'o me :(

I sat on a couple other big twin bikes, a HondaVTX 1800 and a Harley Davidson Vrod vrscdx night rod special. Both these bikes are a whole lot narrower then the Boulevard aswell as lighter (especially the VROD). Flat out, I reeeeally like the night rod. Seat height is almost 26 inches high, which is perfect for me, and I was surprised at how easy it was just to fling it upright. The look of the bike is just amazing. Im actually considering renting it for a day. I REALLY want that bike, but man...16,400 or so for it :laughing6 :BangHead:

What dealership did you find this at!!! I have been serching houston and have yet to find just a reg. Night Rod!!! and just so you know that m109 gets 22mpg!!!
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #37
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
What dealership did you find this at!!! I have been serching houston and have yet to find just a reg. Night Rod!!! and just so you know that m109 gets 22mpg!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Republic Harley Davidson @ 59S & Kirkwood

The one I sat on was for rent. From what the guy told me, when you put the deposit down for your own, the bike is built, then shipped to that dealer. They dont keep new nightrods on the floor. And 22mpgs?! WTF?
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #38
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
The one I sat on was for rent. From what the guy told me, when you put the deposit down for your own, the bike is built, then shipped to that dealer. They dont keep new nightrods on the floor. And 22mpgs?! WTF?
Yep it was in the new cycle world or motorcyclist or one of those they tested it and it got 22mpg...****in terrible!
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #39
JaYRillo
aRe JoO sErIoUs?
 
JaYRillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the real south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,291












Send a message via AIM to JaYRillo
is that black yamaha photoshopped? if not i need details! i want one!!!!
__________________
Yes! that Jay!!!!
JaYRillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #40
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Yep it was in the new cycle world or motorcyclist or one of those they tested it and it got 22mpg...****in terrible!
I don't know the differance in the v-rods but i DID see several v-rods at republic last weekend on the showroom and at least one had the foot pegs morso under you compared to others that are out front of you.
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy