Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #21
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
Its also a place for countless wrecks due to poor road conditions and then also wait 1 hr for an ambulance to arrive to help. Based on your 3 month experience id be willing to be youll be down soon.

3090 is not a race track or fun road to push it on. Its slow sweepers where you can do 90mph turns while the same time praying the guy on incoming traffic sees you and stays in his lane.

People who claim this is better then the track are just cheap and stupid squids who dont think about their safety or others.

Go to the track and learn how to ride aggressive not on the streets......
Wtf.. Chill out hombre.

Last edited by Racerxxx; 06-15-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3090 KEM Safety Corner Main 11 01-09-2012 11:54 AM
3090 cbrwayne Events, Meets and Rides 13 10-10-2010 11:09 AM
3090??? ChrisGo General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 06-26-2009 07:07 PM
3090.......... Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-15-2009 10:47 AM
3090 Htown1000 Events, Meets and Rides 20 08-01-2007 11:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #22
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

Fox (patrick) understands what i'm trying to say....

dont tell me to "chill out" you dont know me and you obviously are a street squid who thinks pushing it on a public road is ok. that's fine become another statistic just pray you dont end up like poor Wolverine (Jim) it's a tragedy what happened to him he was a great rider and very safe rider on the track. now he's paralyzed....

so before you tell me to chill out why don't you go to the track and see what im preaching about instead of trying to be stupid on the streets.

I for 1 have ZERO desire to ever ride a bike on the street after being on the track and having a 120mph crash on the track and walking away and within 2 mins of me wrecking the ambulance was there to check on me only to find out i had a fractured finger 4 bruised ribs and sprained ankle.... go on the streets wreck at 120mph and see how you fare and also time the ambulance run to see how long it takes since that road is out in the middle of BFE is all i'm trying to say.

if you want to ride your ride that's fine just dont try to replace this road with a track b/c it is still a public road with oncoming traffic, loose gravel, animals, cops, driveways and other misc that will end in someonelse's demise...
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:

dont tell me to "chill out" you dont know me and you obviously are a street squid who thinks pushing it on a public road is ok. that's fine become another statistic just pray you dont end up like poor Wolverine (Jim) it's a tragedy what happened to him he was a great rider and very safe rider on the track. now he's paralyzed....

so before you tell me to chill out why don't you go to the track and see what im preaching about instead of trying to be stupid on the streets.

I for 1 have ZERO desire to ever ride a bike on the street after being on the track and having a 120mph crash on the track and walking away and within 2 mins of me wrecking the ambulance was there to check on me only to find out i had a fractured finger 4 bruised ribs and sprained ankle.... go on the streets wreck at 120mph and see how you fare and also time the ambulance run to see how long it takes since that road is out in the middle of BFE is all i'm trying to say.

if you want to ride your ride that's fine just dont try to replace this road with a track b/c it is still a public road with oncoming traffic, loose gravel, animals, cops, driveways and other misc that will end in someonelse's demise...
lol alright. Now your judging me?? Im a street squid? lol. I was just saying if people want to ride out there why do you care? I simply said "chill". For your info mr fast guy I actually have wrecked at triple digets on the streets before. And I dont ride the streets anymore partly because of it. But who are you to judge. Let them do what they do. We all did it. Who says you have to ride 120 on the street all the time?? Meet me on the track next time before your quick to judge mr super fast 337. And we can talk then
Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #24
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
lol alright. Now your judging me?? Im a street squid? lol. I was just saying if people want to ride out there why do you care? I simply said "chill". For your info mr fast guy I actually have wrecked at triple digets on the streets before. And I dont ride the streets anymore partly because of it. But who are you to judge. Let them do what they do. We all did it. Who says you have to ride 120 on the street all the time?? Meet me on the track next time before your quick to judge mr super fast 337. And we can talk then
SQUID!!!!

Go to pp1 where you belong

Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #25
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
SQUID!!!!

Go to pp1 where you belong

Old 06-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

I will race ya.
CMRA #65
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
Rowdy76

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Every thrill has a consequence. Riders know this .. if they do not they are out of touch with the world. If someone wants to push it on the street its their choice. You do not have to have sympathy for them when they go down. Still their choice.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #28
Tiller

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

Quote:

Agree, but I want to add that Jim's crash was such a minor mistake that ended up almost taking his life. He was following too close to the rider in front of him and when that rider checked up, Jim choose the leave road to avoid hitting him. Any a rider that leaves the pavement on public roads the result is generally bad, especially bad when there are trees, ditches and driveways just off the side of the road. Jim was just enjoying a ride at the 70% rule. He is/was a good rider but just made a judgement mistake and now he wont be able to walk the rest of his life.

It doesn't matter how good a rider we think we are. We are humans and humans make mistakes. 3090 is not a good place for mistakes. If you choose to still ride on public roads you better on top of your game and leave yourself room for them. Not even 70% is enough.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Every thrill has a consequence. Riders know this .. if they do not they are out of touch with the world. If someone wants to push it on the street its their choice. You do not have to have sympathy for them when they go down. Still their choice.
I agree that we as riders have to accept the risk. But when a experienced riders like myself see fellow riders dying, knowing that many are do to foolishness and novice mistakes it hurts. It hurts because me and guys like Mr. 337 know that if we could just get them to the track even for just few times maybe they would still be with us. After my first time to the track, it changed my view of riding on the street forever. Track time has likely saved my life. After my first crash on the track, it has almost made swear off the street but not yet. It just made me realize if things go wrong on public roads just how bad it could be.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #30
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

I miss 3090 and I've had several close calls out there. Street or track ride safe everyone. Make sure you wear gear!
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
M@tt
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
Agree, but I want to add that Jim's crash was such a minor mistake that ended up almost taking his life. He was following too close to the rider in front of him and when that rider checked up, Jim choose the leave road to avoid hitting him. Any a rider that leaves the pavement on public roads the result is generally bad, especially bad when there are trees, ditches and driveways just off the side of the road. Jim was just enjoying a ride at the 70% rule. He is/was a good rider but just made a judgement mistake and now he wont be able to walk the rest of his life.

It doesn't matter how good a rider we think we are. We are humans and humans make mistakes. 3090 is not a good place for mistakes. If you choose to still ride on public roads you better on top of your game and leave yourself room for them. Not even 70% is enough.
True statement
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #32
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

Sounds fun racerxxx what lvl shall I go play in novice intermediate or expert ???

Moral of the story is im sick of people getting hurt on the streets where they push the limit thinking its cool and end up seriously hurt or hurting someone else. Ride to have fun not ride to end up in a cage with lights blaring.

Cullen can vouch how many guys have you had to try amd save on the streets?

Btw cullen how ya do this weekend wished my gsxr was finished this weekend so I could have raced NOLA :(
Sending motor off for some extrw special love this week
CMRA #979
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #33
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I for 1 have ZERO desire to ever ride a bike on the street after being on the track and having a 120mph crash on the track...
Then don't ride the street but don't let the track give you a false sense of safety. A friend of mine broke his neck and another his pelvis on the track, plus you have some riders not following the rules and running into other riders. Lifeflight is not a stranger to the track.

No doubt most injuries are less severe and deaths almost nonexistent on the track, but it's far from perfect. There are plenty of crashes on the track and often they're someone else's fault.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #34
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post

Are we talking TMGP?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

Bevo I agree with people not following rules thats why im glad im fast enoigh to ride advanced/expert/lvl3 what ever org you go to. Its just race practice for me and others. We all know each others abilities there and trust the others. Very seldom do you any tyoe of contact in the top group.

Yes the track has many lifeflight runs your right on that mostly for minor stuff. Therr has been some really bad hisides at the track too.

My whole point im trying to express with my original point is "dont be stupid on streets and try to impress your friends you most likely will get hurt" even on the track trying to impress someone will cause crashes just on the track the meat wagon is 2 already there to help you.

Who said tmgp eric you racing next weekend with us?
CMRA #979
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

can anyone give an approx location of where it is, sorry if thats silly ive never heard of 3090 either
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #37
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
can anyone give an approx location of where it is, sorry if thats silly ive never heard of 3090 either
This is the start as you head North

Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
North west off of 290 going towards Yankees Tavern in Carlos Texas.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
Truckin_Thumper

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

thanx.......looks like ya'll are going to turn it into another RR...

somethings are better off left off the intertoobs
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

lol. 3090 is no secret. There's just a few who stick close to Houston that don't know it... or know it by name.

Advertisement