MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #41
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

exactly, its the nature of the beast, which is why these large companies should juice their customer service departments to best deal with situations like this.
Its like Ive always said, every business makes mistakes, period. The measure of good business is how those mistakes are dealt with. i.e. good customer service.
Being told that his concern is useless is not good customer service. just my two cents.

Khaki shirt.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning! Big Pix From The CMRA Races At MSRC! Warning! Racer997 Taking it to the Track 16 09-09-2009 05:17 AM
Warning Htown1000 Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-20-2008 08:26 AM
Warning Brena23 Off Topic 3 10-05-2006 05:10 PM
Warning Swift E Off Topic 29 11-11-2005 04:55 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #42
cp6rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrStar
progresseive is better!
progressive has been really great
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #43
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Being told that his concern is useless is not good customer service. just my two cents."

I believe the statement was "why post a useless thread when you havent given me the chance to make it right?".

The POST is virutally useless, his 'concerns' would have been better addressed by calling Pete or (more appropiately) Carlton Kon directly, and speaking with them.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #44
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Well, maybe airing his problems out on this forum wasnt the best way to handle it, not my place to say. But since he did go down that road, then that is the situation Pete had laid at his feet. I dont have beef with Pete, I have had no dealings with him, and alot of people on this site seem to have had good experiences so Im not about to start saying Pete is lousy or anything like that.
I am a customer service manager at a newspaper and I know all about dealing with customer who think our only goal is to crew them. I also know what its like to be on Pete's end(Pete's end definately sucks).
The lady that told him Pete knew about it could have just been blowing smoke to make it appear that they were on top of it, and Pete actually had no idea. I dont know, but i certainly dont think Pete is just wrong, I think the situation was out of his hands.
At this point Pete is trying to save this guys business and he has quite a hill to climb to do that.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #45
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i gotta disagree. i think the thread/post is incredibly USEFUL.

look at the guys point. no one bothered to tell him he wasnt covered. its against the law to ride without insurance, and for good reason. had he been in an accident he and his FAMILY would have been totally SCREWED, or someone else and their family could have been totally screwed because the insurance could not even so much as leave a recorded message letting him know.

a recorded message by the way, would still be totally lame, why not call your customer and see what you can work out? it sounds like it can be worked out, so why would you just drop your customer?

RETARDED. END OF STORY.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #46
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
ok...im looking at this account and i am about to fix it, but your mad because your saying "what if i got in an accident" and im not covered? NO INSURANCE COMPANY CANCELS SAME DAY, we always give you two weeks to get new insurance. The cancel date isn't set until february 13th..... so even if you got in an accident today your still covered, i think thats fair on an insurance company?

this thread is ridiculous. i do my job, and its out my control, i dont like when customers get cancelled and its not my fault and i take a hit for it?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #47
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

OK. I got the impression it was already cancelled upon the cutting of the check, the buffer time to get coverage is definately worth while.

Like I said Pete, no beef towards you.

As it is my job, customer service really counts volumes with me, so my ears perk when I hear this sort of thing. Glad to hear you're taking care of it. I suppose the true test will be if the guy ends up keeping your State Farm policy.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #48
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE
ok...im looking at this account and i am about to fix it, but your mad because your saying "what if i got in an accident" and im not covered? NO INSURANCE COMPANY CANCELS SAME DAY, we always give you two weeks to get new insurance. The cancel date isn't set until february 13th..... so even if you got in an accident today your still covered, i think thats fair on an insurance company?

this thread is ridiculous. i do my job, and its out my control, i dont like when customers get cancelled and its not my fault and i take a hit for it?

Well maybe your whole company needs training because they lady on the phone told me I would not of been covered if something happend.. Time for a shake up and get everyone on the same page huh?

If you want to blame anyone for my anger blame the person that answerd the phone at Lee NGUYEN's office.. She is the one that told me I would not of been covered if I got in an accident. Number (713)776-9676

Smack That
Old 02-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #49
bussadude

Thumbs down Wrong Pete

I think your explanation sounds great to people not in the insurance business. But you are wrong. He in fact did not have coverage- the fact that the policy canceled and they refunded his check is proof he did not. Also- that is why if you "fixed" it- you mean his policy was reinstated- NOT that it was NEVER canceled.

Sorry to come down on you bro- but I hate liars and in our business we have a lot of them. It would be better just to be honest and let him know if he did have an accident he would have had NOOOO coverage!!!! Then apologize for not sending notes to the underwritter about his spouse and her tickets(so the policy actually would have never canceled to begin with) and re-instate his policy and move on. It originally was a mistake- that happens..................but when you lie to fix it..............that is bad business and shows your character. Sorry bro.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #50
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

The check I got in the mail also doesnt say anything about the having 2 weeks to find insurance. It simply says the following:

JAN 31, 2007

RE: Policy Number: Policy Number here
Refund Amount: Refund amount here

The attached refund is a result of the termination of your policy.

If you have any questions, please contact your State Farm agent.

Policyholder Service

.................................................. ...............................................

You tell me where it says I have two weeks... IT DOESNT!!! It says call your State Farm agent if you questions.. So I called and the lady told me why it was canceled and she told me I wouldnt of been covered..

So if you say this is a ****ing useless thread because someone from your own company gave me wrong info then you my friend shouldnt be doing what you do. How about instead saying the following:

Im appoligize for this Kevin. I am looking into it right away and I will contact you as soon as I know any information. Also for the future so you dont worry your actually covered 2 weeks after your policy is canceled so you can find new insurance. HOW ABOUT LEARNING THAT TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.. I can use caps to.

Smack That
Old 02-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #51
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

omg... if anyone wants to come to my office and look at mt computer screen...it says cancellation effective february 13th......

im not mad at anyone, i honestly dont care about this thread, its just pretty childish making a thread talking bad on people? it wont effect my business in any sense so i am not really worried about it.

but the fact i am getting at is.

1. i dont stand for my companys customer service so sorry if you ran into some service girls who couldnt help
2. you called me yesterday when i was OUT of my office, didnt give me a chance to resolve things and even try to get it straightened out for you and already made this thread SAME DAY
3. your main complaint is that "what if i got in an accident and im not covered because i didnt know my insurance was cancelled?" but indeed it is still covered until february 13th so you have aprrox. 2 weeks to shop for new insurance.
4. i woulda helped if a chance was given instead of this e- on motohouston
Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #52
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

your stirring up all this uneccesary tension saying and making everyone believing your coverage was dropped on the spot but your indeed covered until the 13th of february, and if it was fix, it would get reversed cancellation quick. READ your mail because i know what kind of letters state farm mails out, you probably didnt even see the cancellation date and making wild assumptions. anyones kevin, hollar at me today, i will be in office, if you want to get this straightened out the mature way.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #53
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE
omg... if anyone wants to come to my office and look at mt computer screen...it says cancellation effective february 13th......
Print Screen -Paste on Wordpad or MS paint, and post (if you want to show everyone your screen)
Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #54
bussadude

Thats customer service for ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #55
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

dang. this got out of hand really quickly. Im walking away from this thread.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #56
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Print Screen -Paste on Wordpad or MS paint, and post (if you want to show everyone your screen)
can't, has all his personal info
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #57
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussadude
I think your explanation sounds great to people not in the insurance business. But you are wrong. He in fact did not have coverage- the fact that the policy canceled and they refunded his check is proof he did not. Also- that is why if you "fixed" it- you mean his policy was reinstated- NOT that it was NEVER canceled.

Sorry to come down on you bro- but I hate liars and in our business we have a lot of them. It would be better just to be honest and let him know if he did have an accident he would have had NOOOO coverage!!!! Then apologize for not sending notes to the underwritter about his spouse and her tickets(so the policy actually would have never canceled to begin with) and re-instate his policy and move on. It originally was a mistake- that happens..................but when you lie to fix it..............that is bad business and shows your character. Sorry bro.

WOW.......at least I know how you conduct business...:eh:

You see a golden ticket and try to cash it in huh?

To sackings Fan: You know, pete does have his cell number in his sig right? If you had problems, you could of called his office and if you could not reach him there, then try his cell. I would understandably be mad, but at least GET AHOLD OF HIM, before slandering his name on here. Pete, has and will do good business for fellow MH peeps on here. He has had more good review's from sooo many people on here that I EVEN care to read about. By coming on here and creating a thread to get sympathy from, does nothing to solve your coverage now or in the near future. Like I said, I would be upset too, to find out that I was riding without coverage, but the BEST IDEA would be to go to Pete himself and get the STRAIGHT FACTS.......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #58
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

one bad experience out of a thousand? ill keep my business with PETE.

oh, and bussadude dont come on MH trying to look like a hero and promote your insurance company in a thread bashing the competition.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #59
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
one bad experience out of a thousand? ill keep my business with PETE.

oh, and bussadude dont come on MH trying to look like a hero and promote your insurance company in a thread bashing the competition.

Exactly........trying to cash in that golden ticket...

How unethical......:eh:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #60
Stormrider
FLY BY U

Bike(s):
05 CBR600RR

Just my 2cents, i had been with State Farm for the last 20 years and all my policy is Statefarm, now every insurance company have there cost some higher than the other depend on your situation. State farm and Pete did me right from the time i move from California. we are all human and no one perfect, I BET YOU THAT I DID NOT COMPLAINT WHEN YOU HEAR THAT PETE SAVE YOU MONEY, RIGHT. But yet you did not give a guy a chance to correct his COMPANY mistake. he is just a needle in a big insurance corp. yes statefarm should contact you, and i am sure if you get in the accident before you received the lellter you should be cover as long as the post date on the mail. i am sure a lawyer would love to hear that, they did not cover for you before you received the policy cancelation notice. all iam say is give a guy a chance to do you right or try to get it done, instead of slam him down to the ground. BTW did you slma him when he save you money? and as for me Statefarm for life cause they treat me right.
[ :icon_smil :icon_smil
Closed Thread

Advertisement