MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Pete has saved many people a lot of money. And most major insurance companies rate you by your household, no matter who's on the policy, they rate all the people that reside there with a license. Pete would have no idea that they canceled you to give you a call. He probably won't know until he reads this, or until he gets his paycheck (minus the commission for your policy). I'm pretty sure if he knew, he would've gave you a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtrpl
After reading a lot on this site about Peter and State Farm I got a quote from him.. It was $200 more than Geico.
Some insurance companies are cheaper than others, for certain people, and certain vehicles.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning! Big Pix From The CMRA Races At MSRC! Warning! Racer997 Taking it to the Track 16 09-09-2009 05:17 AM
Warning Htown1000 Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-20-2008 08:26 AM
Warning Brena23 Off Topic 3 10-05-2006 05:10 PM
Warning Swift E Off Topic 29 11-11-2005 04:55 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #22
Zrob25

Feedback Rating: (0)

Pete's office gave me a quote for full coverage that was cheaper then liability and theft with proggressive. But another state farm office gave me a different higher quote for the same coverage! Makes me wonder wtf... I checked with that dairyland place to they were way expensive for me actually double state farm.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #23
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
Pete has saved many people a lot of money. And most major insurance companies rate you by your household, no matter who's on the policy, they rate all the people that reside there with a license. Pete would have no idea that they canceled you to give you a call. He probably won't know until he reads this, or until he gets his paycheck (minus the commission for your policy). I'm pretty sure if he knew, he would've gave you a call.

Some insurance companies are cheaper than others, for certain people, and certain vehicles.

As I said the lady at his office said he knew about it and was working on it..

The first thing he should of done was call me and told me about it so I didnt go out riding thinking I had full coverage.

Smack That
Old 02-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #24
Zrob25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan

The first thing he should of done was call me and told me about it so I didnt go out riding thinking I had full coverage.
+1
Old 02-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #25
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

From what I know, he doesnt work at the same office anymore.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #26
TILLA THE KILLA

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
Wow this is eye opening. Has Pete respondedd to all this yet?

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #27
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrob25
Pete's office gave me a quote for full coverage that was cheaper then liability and theft with proggressive. But another state farm office gave me a different higher quote for the same coverage! Makes me wonder wtf... I checked with that dairyland place to they were way expensive for me actually double state farm.
it's because he offers every discount available to you. most agents just type your info in, and try to finish the sale.

Quote:

sorry to hear that bro. i guess pete will have to chime in on this one. i'm pretty sure there's a good explanation :dontknow:

Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #28
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILLA THE KILLA
Wow this is eye opening. Has Pete respondedd to all this yet?
he hasn't responded yet, but as i said, i'm pretty sure he will be on to respond when he can.

Pete has done right by me and most of my friends, and many people on this forum. he still gets my vote either way.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #29
level5
moving chicane

That sucks..... I hated when that happens. The insurance agent or at least mine, didn't give me a call because they know that they couldn't insured me therefor no need to waste time on me anymore.:dontknow:
Man, I feel your disappointment. Thank goodness that nothing has happened to you.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #30
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
ok... im super busy and i get tossed around a lot of state farm offices training new sales reps so i am sorry I didn't get a chance to get to you, i just barely heard my voicemails today and heard what happened.

its not my fault i didnt get any emails from my assistants yet..

im terribly sorry but just like solracer says, it happens a lot...and sometimes its out of my control, ill call you tommorrow and try to smooth it out for you. you jsut barely left me the voicemail today so why post a useless thread when you havent given me the chance to make it right? im not too concerned on it, because people know im not out to get nobody, its just a bad mishap im willing to help you solve
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #31
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
o and sorry i dont know what happened yet either, i gotta look into it tommorrow so i have no explainations yet
Old 02-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #32
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE
ok... im super busy and i get tossed around a lot of state farm offices training new sales reps so i am sorry I didn't get a chance to get to you, i just barely heard my voicemails today and heard what happened.

its not my fault i didnt get any emails from my assistants yet..

im terribly sorry but just like solracer says, it happens a lot...and sometimes its out of my control, ill call you tommorrow and try to smooth it out for you. you jsut barely left me the voicemail today so why post a useless thread when you havent given me the chance to make it right? im not too concerned on it, because people know im not out to get nobody, its just a bad mishap im willing to help you solve

I don’t think it was a useless post at all. This may of cleared up your end of it but still brings to light State Farms policy and how they let you know you do not have insurance with them anymore. If I would of got in an accident I would of been screwed.. Wait let me rephrase that, my family would of been screwed. I have every right to be at your company for not notifying me right away the policy was being canceled.. even a recorded message would of have worked.

If you find it to be a useless thread when my family could of been screwed financially for a long time and I wanted to let others know it may happen to them that’s sad. I gave you praise when you helped me out with a better deal. Don't be mad when I post that I got screwed in the for no reason.. If you look at it from my point of view you would be as well.

But on top of all this you knew my wife had two accidents you even said it to her on the phone.. Shouldn’t you as a representative of State Farm know that they wouldn’t allow me to have insurance with her accidents?

Smack That
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #33
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

Like bussadude said, service and customer relationship counts far more than lower premiums. You learned a hard lesson. I didn't go with Pete but my son did. I think he should check into a different company. And Pete, after reading all the replies, why didn't you check out the situation and call him before posting some lame excuse? Hope you take this back to your training sessions.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #34
slim

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

deal with it your not the 1st that an insurance company droped put you got your money back you did not get in an accident so go get insurance befor you wife runs in to you lol
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #35
slim

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

ooo if i was Pete i would not help you after all this BS
Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #36
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrob25
I had the same thing, different quotes for the same coverage between State Farm agents.....I believe it has something to do with "markup" just like any other retail business, the office that was higher was trying to make more money off writing your policy.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #37
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
I don’t think it was a useless post at all. This may of cleared up your end of it but still brings to light State Farms policy and how they let you know you do not have insurance with them anymore. If I would of got in an accident I would of been screwed.. Wait let me rephrase that, my family would of been screwed. I have every right to be at your company for not notifying me right away the policy was being canceled.. even a recorded message would of have worked.

If you find it to be a useless thread when my family could of been screwed financially for a long time and I wanted to let others know it may happen to them that’s sad. I gave you praise when you helped me out with a better deal. Don't be mad when I post that I got screwed in the for no reason.. If you look at it from my point of view you would be as well.

But on top of all this you knew my wife had two accidents you even said it to her on the phone.. Shouldn’t you as a representative of State Farm know that they wouldn’t allow me to have insurance with her accidents?
Whether or not Pete knew will be really hard to prove and really doesnt matter too much, but this is a national insurance company and the only notification you received was by a check in the mail?
That means at least that day and the day before you were not insured when you thought you were.
Just think about this, how long would have taken them to contact you if they didnt get your payment on time?
Im not going to slam Pete because Im not involved and this is Pete's career and Im not going to talk sh*t.
State Farm the company sucks IMO, Ive seen them screw more people than Ive seen them help, but like i said, im talking about the company, not pete.

There are some questions here though, and you deserve an answer.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #38
RRCBR

Feedback Rating: (1)

I agree this is not a useless thread. The guys didn't have coverage when he taught he did b/c the insurance company did not notify him the day it was cancelled. Pete don't get all upset b/c something negative was said about your services. You should take this back to your training.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #39
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I'd like someone to find a large/national service that does not have complaints against there service.
Allstate, Geico, Progressive etc...if you REALLY look around you can/will find the same kind of complaints somewhere. It's the nature and reality of the 'beast' so to speak in regards of the reality today...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #40
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim
ooo if i was Pete i would not help you after all this BS
Best quote for you to read is the following.

"Its better to let everyone think your a moron. Then it is to open your mouth and prove them right".

Always one jackass that has to flame on a thread.. Guess that someone is you.

Your right nothing did happen. That doesnt excuse the fact that what if something did happen.

Smack That
Closed Thread

Advertisement