MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Apartment gates dont have laser sensors. Usually weight sensors before and after the gate and some are not as sensitive
Makes sense..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
you wouldnt want to own this bike, WOW! bb4lif General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 09-27-2010 04:50 PM
Rant about apartment gate Versatile337 Off Topic 37 09-24-2010 06:50 AM
Wow... wish I'd have kept my first bike... cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 02-07-2010 04:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
Lucar

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

My apt has laser sensors.. never hit one of my bikes.. opens everytime im at the gate
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Apartment gates dont have laser sensors. Usually weight sensors before and after the gate and some are not as sensitive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
My apt has laser sensors.. never hit one of my bikes.. opens everytime im at the gate

no lucar... he said apartments gates do NOT have lasers. you sir are mistaken

lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

When I first started stunt riding in parking lots I was trying to learn scraping the 12 bar and hit it a Little too hard. Needless to say bike hit the ground. Took it a few minutes to start and when it did it ran rough. Oil had leaked into the airbox and caused it to smoke. I'm not sure if your bike has them I'm sure it does but I was told by Yamaha the reason it took a minute to start was the tip over sensor which makes the bike shut off when on its side needed to level out. I would still have it looked at but it may not be as horrible as what ur thinking. Good luck
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
When I first started stunt riding in parking lots I was trying to learn scraping the 12 bar and hit it a Little too hard. Needless to say bike hit the ground. Took it a few minutes to start and when it did it ran rough. Oil had leaked into the airbox and caused it to smoke. I'm not sure if your bike has them I'm sure it does but I was told by Yamaha the reason it took a minute to start was the tip over sensor which makes the bike shut off when on its side needed to level out. I would still have it looked at but it may not be as horrible as what ur thinking. Good luck
Ok thx.

i just went outside and tried to start it and it wouldnt. I was going to try charging the battery but the lights come on when I turn the key on so I dont think anything is wrong with the battery. plus i just fully charged it last week.

Is getting the oil off the airbox something I could do on my own? (doesnt sound like it lol)
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
little6

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
k6 600 gixxer (now a Theif owns it)
2011 gsxr 600
1976 cb360
250 track bike

man. that sucks. but we have all been there at one time. let us know how this turns out.
little6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
image0r
T MoneY

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike) SOLD
2009 Yamaha R6 SOLD

Member Garage

holy !
image0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #28
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjei View Post
Ok thx.

i just went outside and tried to start it and it wouldnt. I was going to try charging the battery but the lights come on when I turn the key on so I dont think anything is wrong with the battery. plus i just fully charged it last week.

Is getting the oil off the airbox something I could do on my own? (doesnt sound like it lol)
Yeah, I would recommend getting it checked out. I did my own, fairly simple. Another thing I know EVERY member on this board has done Atleast once... make sure ur bike is either in neutral or if it's in gear the kickstand is up. There's a sensor that will keep the bike from running or starting if it's in gear with the kickstand down.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
Yeah, I would recommend getting it checked out. I did my own, fairly simple. Another thing I know EVERY member on this board has done Atleast once... make sure ur bike is either in neutral or if it's in gear the kickstand is up. There's a sensor that will keep the bike from running or starting if it's in gear with the kickstand down.
little6 did that on our trip to the sisters

beginning of the vid

sorry bro!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #30
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Yea it was in neutral when I tried to start it...thx for the info though
Old 10-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

don't feel too bad, all of us have had our oh moments....get the bike to one of our sponsors and have it checked out.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
Nonsense

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1999 CBR 600-Wrecked
2000 GSXR 750-Sold
2001 R1-Sold
2005 GSXR 750-Wrecked
2005 GSXR 1000

lol that was awesome. But yeah we all have our moments. I've dropped my bike in my own driveway from just sitting on it. happens. We live and learn.
Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Do not try to start your bike until you check the oil level. It worries me that you rode the bike home while oil was still leaking out of the bike.

You MIGHT be able to get away with this in a car. but NOT on a bike. There is MUCH less oil in a bike, and you can do catastrophic engine damage on a bike (engine=75% roughly of the bikes worth when selling talking about the difference between a $500 parts bike and a 2,000 ninja 250 if you catch my drift)

What side of town are you in? You need someone to come inspect it before something else happens. At the very least I would think you're low on oil and turning a bike over without oil in it is a sure fire way to sieze the engine.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Yea, When I had my gixxer my drive way is really steep and didnt have the kickstand locked all the way i guess or when I got off the bike to go grab my helmet as it was warming up the bike decided it wanted to lay down and take a nap. I felt so embaressed trying to pick up the bike. Bare in mind this was an older gixxer that is heavier than the newer ones by about 30lbs with a full tank of fuel. Lets just say trying to pick up a bike on a down hill slope by yourself is not exactly easy when your only 5ft8 and 140lbs and not asian.
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

up or down hill adds a variable to an already tough equation that im not sure can be handled with any degree of finesee without having practiced it many times over.

all the: "Pickup your bike" You tube videos I see, mostly show harleys with the "Round" engine gaurds that act as a "rolling pivot point" for the bike if you will that practically allow the bike to be rolled back over. Not so for sport bikes and although the method is still the same it requires a certain amount of grunt force that is hard for anyone who cannot alone already pick the bike up directly from the bars.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #36
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
Do not try to start your bike until you check the oil level. It worries me that you rode the bike home while oil was still leaking out of the bike.

You MIGHT be able to get away with this in a car. but NOT on a bike. There is MUCH less oil in a bike, and you can do catastrophic engine damage on a bike (engine=75% roughly of the bikes worth when selling talking about the difference between a $500 parts bike and a 2,000 ninja 250 if you catch my drift)

What side of town are you in? You need someone to come inspect it before something else happens. At the very least I would think you're low on oil and turning a bike over without oil in it is a sure fire way to sieze the engine.
dam dam dam....

im in pearland off 288 (on Broadway/518). real close to Walmart
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
supadupa

Feedback Rating: (3)

Yes oil can get into your air box....

More likely is that you got a bunch of oil that leaked up past the piston rings & got on top of the piston........

Sometimes this will temporarily lock up the engine because fluids can't be compressed like air. Once you cranked it back up you pumped this excess oil out vent tubes & through the exhaust system.......(leaking oil & smoking)

Now your spark plugs are all coated in oil which has been baked on by some run time (fouled out)
supadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadupa View Post
Yes oil can get into your air box....

More likely is that you got a bunch of oil that leaked up past the piston rings & got on top of the piston........

Sometimes this will temporarily lock up the engine because fluids can't be compressed like air. Once you cranked it back up you pumped this excess oil out vent tubes & through the exhaust system.......(leaking oil & smoking)

Now your spark plugs are all coated in oil which has been baked on by some run time (fouled out)
thx man this helped alot

i got into the airbox and cleaned out most of the oil. Ill get new spark plugs tonight or tomorrow

Do I need to clean the oil off the pistons also?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #40
DAT GUY

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

hilarious story about the gate... really sucks you are now having issues with the bike.

might be worth taking it to a shop
DAT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote