MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Bigshankhank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Chinajunk Dirtbike Front End

Does anyone know where one would get parts for a chinajunk dirtbike? A full size one, 19" rims if possible. I am looking for a front end for a KE100 in order to upgrade to a disc brake and figured one of these clones would be a good cheap donor. Most modern small dirtbikes with a disc front (KLX110, CRF100)have super long forks whereas my KE has a lower steering neck and thus shorter tubes, plus it only has like 5" of travel. The TMGP folks might know where these things go to die/part out, so I thought I'd ask.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front End Dive pinball Super Motards 9 01-23-2013 03:27 PM
got the front end swapped obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 08-12-2012 02:30 PM
using a streetbike front end on a dirtbike that is being converted into a cafe racer? loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-22-2012 11:37 PM
Wash out the front end? psychomedicHFD Taking it to the Track 5 07-30-2009 11:28 AM
Front End Tweaked? Jason_Canuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-16-2009 07:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

I think an Aermacchi front end will bolt right on. Hard to find though...
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I have not seen anybody at TMGP running any of the chinese stuff this year, oops take that back, I did see one of the youth bikes like that....
most of the guys who have done front end swaps on thier bikes to get disc brakes have used kx85 or cr80/85 front ends...
i just put a kx85 front end on my crf...
not cheap but if you need a front end cut down there are a couple of folks in the area who can do that for you... I did not include their name in this post as they are not sponsors on this site...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Bigshankhank

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
I think an Aermacchi front end will bolt right on. Hard to find though...
I have compared the two, they are different enough to make it not worthwhile, and then I would need a front end for my 'Macchi.

Yeah obed, I had thought about just getting a geniune japanese front end and cutting it down, but from what I have seen on the few occasions I have gotten up close to the china bikes is they looks close to a bolt on solution, which is what I am going for. I did some research/measurements a while back and the KLX110 has the same spacing and tube diameters as my bike so I could even keep my triple trees, but I would either be eating the fork caps, or would have to have them cut down about three or four inches. This is not the worst idea in teh world, just exploring the possibility of something even easier. Plus the front end with wheel is looking at several hundred bucks, whereas I could almost buy an entire scrap china bike for that and maybe even figure out a rear end swap at the same time.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

good luck with what you are trying to do, hope it works for you.
getting a front end would be expensive and then another 300 or so to have it cut down and set for your weight adds up.

Advertisement