Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Good books: Rossi's So What if I never tried it and The Fast Stuff, Mat Oxley

Finally got around to reading Rossi's autobiography and its on discount too, imagine that.

Alot of good stuff in here, rivaly, funny coming of age stories and a very easy reading style. Jumps around a bit but I was impressed. I could'nt put it down for a week and read it straight through.

The chapters about leaving honda and moving to yahmaha are more intersting now in contrast to his Ducati expirence, basiacally polar opposites. A bit of irrony as he writes about being underestimated for his contibutions as a rider at honda, but in hindsight, he was guilty of the same with his move to Ducati. That's just the first few chapters, you can read those on google books if you want, the rest are full of rivally, on and off track antics, and stories of a misjivious youth, some very funny ones, complete with run ins with local police.

I also got The Fast Stuff by Mat Oxley, initially to offset shipping cost, but it is looking to be very good. Lots of great stories, consisely told, and interviews with riders from early 90's to 07. All the big names covered, Roberts, Rainey, Schwartz, Doohan, Lawson, Stoner, Rossi, more. I can see myself coming back to this one again and again. Rossi's book is a good read once through but proably won't feel the need to go back and re-read it.

25$ for both from Amazon, w shipping. They are well worth it.