MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #41
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

anyone have any REAL stats on how many bikes are stolen in a month, six month, year time frame in Houston?

Maybe we need to request an audience with the mayor and police chief to see how this issue is being addressed? Seriously...
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dropped the bike at sugar land need help towing it Shaunpe General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-19-2014 07:34 PM
2 up K.I.A. in Sugar Land CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 08-11-2011 11:03 AM
Another Rider Down in Sugar land M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-30-2008 02:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #42
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

sucks mang hope you had theft ins
Old 02-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #43
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Those of you who live in apartments, lock your disc and lock it to a solid pole. I get annoyed locking and unlocking my bike all the time but you get used to it after a while.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #44
therky42

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger
Those of you who live in apartments, lock your disc and lock it to a solid pole. I get annoyed locking and unlocking my bike all the time but you get used to it after a while.
Or get a garage, pull it inside! :BangHead:
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #45
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
True, but most thieves don't strip them right away, and even if they do, the Lojack module is not easy to find nor easily identifiable as to what it is.

Last time I checked, Lojack had a better than 97% recovery rate in the Houston area with bikes. That's a WHOLE lot better than the recovery rate of bikes without Lojack.

Since you are a police officer I would figure that you'd want as much assistance as possible in locating a stolen vehicle.
Although not perfect, Lojack is a good recovery tool.
Lo-jack is cool and it works really well, I've recovered a lot of vehicles no bikes yet though. But I have recovered four stolen bikes, all while still mobile. They all ended crashing and one guy died. Usually bike thieves will try to run and end up wrecking the bike.

My recovery rate is 100% (in jest) but all the bikes were useless to the owner and I had to deal with a dead guy because I chose to chase him. If police recover the bike while it is stationary its a totally different story. We recover the bike, try to find a suspect, and contact the owner. No problems.

But in my limited view of things recovering the bike with the still riding it usually results in a lose - lose situation. I would encourage anyone to get a lo-jack because they work good. But don't expect a thief to simply give up your bike if the police catch him on it.

Last edited by andre3k; 02-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #46
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

hmmm i have a savage 308 forsale... give it to your neighbor so the next time they see something like this go down they can bust a cap in their ...
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #47
RSXian

i had parts stolen off my raven twice... but you take the cake... sorry about your loss man. I live in SL too ill keep an eye out. But i doubt its going to turn up around the SL. Since you live in the apartments you should def get an alarm and tie it around a tree or something.

To everyone else that lives in the area watch out... cops profile us harder than ever already just try to stay away... I get pulled over for everything i got like 3 dirty licence plate tickets.
RSXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #48
re-verse
I NEED MONEY

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600RR (R.I.P.)
04 Gixxer (soon)

more than likely, they been watch'n you. they knew just when to hit. 2 threads that lead me to go ahead & get lojack.
re-verse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #49
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
IT!

i swear im glad my bike isnt high on the list of most stolen bikes. i have a plan though...when i get a new one...

im rigging that mad max style! wake up and its gone...im gonna push me a little red button...

KA-BOOOOOM !
sounds like a great idea...until my kid finds the remote

how about a tazer in the trunk that shoots in that after a few minutes

or better yet....someone with theft...volunteer there bike....set it up at a hot complex and hide in the bushes with bats...tag that
Old 03-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #50
RSXian

anyway my thought is that if there are people theiving in the general around hwy6 area, and a lot of members here are from sugar land. Be cautious of what you say on these msg boards. They could easily pick up bits and peices of information. Be extremely careful purchasing things from the forsale thread, you never know whos reading it. Keep addresses and and any information you don't want a theif to see in pms. Be careful of stating the street, area or appartment you live in. I don't have an alarm but i sure as am thinking about it.
RSXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #51
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

all you need is a name....first and last and you can find out where they live......i to feel that it is someone you know....did you know you can call 411 and ask for reverse info about a name and number...i.e. street address.

also very easy here....go ahead type in your last name.........

www.hcad.org click record search,real property,owner name
bam...there it is this site is only for harris county, but all countys have it,brazoria,galveston ect.

KEEP IT IN THE P.M. OR YOUR NEXT.....ANYONE CAN FIND YOU

Last edited by Homebrew; 03-30-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #52
Gideon

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
IT!

i swear im glad my bike isnt high on the list of most stolen bikes. i have a plan though...when i get a new one...

im rigging that mad max style! wake up and its gone...im gonna push me a little red button...

KA-BOOOOOM !

no reason to curse .....
Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #53
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...be neat if lo-jack, or someone came with a way for it to trigger a remote shutdown on a moving vehicle if/when it was located by the PD.

Advertisement