MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #21
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Exclamation

As far as I ever knew the triple is the same from r to regular. Maybe year to year. And I worked for gulf coast when the originals were out so I'm pretty sure rake is no different in the original models. The new ones I don't know
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati Streetfighter 848 vs Triumph Street Triple R sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-24-2013 09:33 AM
any Triumph Street Triple R owners out there? lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-01-2012 06:03 PM
09 kawa ninja 650r or a Triumph street triple cyclesnoopy General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-11-2009 01:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #22
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/642/14...irst-Look.aspx

Quote:
The new frame and exhaust contribute to the 13-pound weight reduction, the Street Triple now listing a 403 pound curb weight. The revised chassis also alters steering geometry on both versions. The standard bike sweeps in rake to 24.1 (from 24.3) with trail growing to 99.6mm (from 95.3mm). The R version features a more prominent 0.5-degree rake angle adjustment moving in to 23.4 while trail extends to 95mm (from 92.4mm).

The Street Triple R continues to differentiate from its sibling with up-spec suspension and brakes. The 41mm inverted KYB fork offers no adjustment on the standard model, with the R benefitting from full three-way adjustability. The rear monoshock on the latter model also offers preload and rebound adjustability. Braking is a similar situation. Nissin components grace both versions, but two-piston sliding calipers pinch a 310mm rotor on the standard, while four-piston radial mount units halt the Street Triple R. Switchable ABS comes standard on both models.
Id get the R for 700 more for sure! lol
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement