MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #421
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
yes i have. u just dont know it :icon_bigg
Whara???
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From One Trackday Noob to Another Wormgear Taking it to the Track 19 08-19-2008 05:00 PM
NOOB Trackday 8/4 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 79 07-11-2007 03:18 AM
NOOB Trackday info Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 95 05-15-2007 05:24 PM
NOOB Trackday 3/3 Buck Beasley General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 02-02-2007 04:49 PM
(more) Noob Trackday Photos ArturoC General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 08-26-2006 09:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #422
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

:topsecret
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #423
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Only 1 more week before this Noob trackday kicks off. If anybody still has any questions on how to prepare the bike, gear, or get yourselves ready, please, NOW is the time to ask. Don't wait until Friday night when you can't get ahold of anybody.
Tae, I'm glad you're going to be there. Maybe some of the female riders will feel more comfortable following you. Except, now we'll have a whole group of women track riders who ninja-kick guys trying to pass them :laughing6
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #424
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

bring chairs!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #425
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Tae, I'm glad you're going to be there. Maybe some of the female riders will feel more comfortable following you.
That's what Buck was thinking.
Maybe having a female instructor will less intimidate them.
We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Except, now we'll have a whole group of women track riders who ninja-kick guys trying to pass them :laughing6
That'll be my pleasure.

Go, girls!
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #426
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
bring chairs!

and water, snacks, tire pressure gauge, and if you're like me you'll want some sort of under armour type shirt and pants to wear under your leathers.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #427
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

If this trackday is a one time thing or may not happen very often for you walmart has some stuff similar to Under Armour that is much cheaper. Nobody will see your off brand stuff under your leathers anyway. I wear the under armour type shirt, long sleeve and bicycle shorts.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #428
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale
If this trackday is a one time thing or may not happen very often for you walmart has some stuff similar to Under Armour that is much cheaper. Nobody will see your off brand stuff under your leathers anyway. I wear the under armour type shirt, long sleeve and bicycle shorts.

These are just as good as the under armour's. I use them and cant tell the difference.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #429
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k

These are just as good as the under armour's. I use them and cant tell the difference.
Yup - I'm cheap and don't like the idea of paying for a name.
WalMart carries Danskin workout gear (for women) that is essentially the same (wicking, breathable, etc.) as the UA at almost 1/4 the price. For cold weather, I also picked up some super-thin thermals from Sam's Club for $11 each top & bottom.

If you have the room under your leathers, layer up. You can always remove a layer if it warms up in the afternoon, vs. wearing one super-thick layer and being stuck with it all day if the weather turns.

Also - not sure how the track rules apply, but can you layer something OVER the leathers as long as you're still wearing the required track leathers? If so, add rain gear over perf leathers to prevent wind from cooling you down when it's cold out.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #430
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale
Yup. I wear BCG brand from Academy. $9.99 vs $24.99 - $50 for Under Armour.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #431
lb3tx

Bike(s):
ZX10

A friend did a TD at the blimp base 6-7 years ago and let me ride his CBR for a few laps at the end of the day once the club sponsor left. I rode off the course twice. Hopefully this time I'll be a bit more mature. If not, Nutmeg can probably relate from what I've read in the 22 pages of this thread. It sounds like I need to trailer my bike or go hungry. Where can I rent some leathers? I don't know if I want to buy any just yet. I heard Motorcycles Unlimited rents them but they're on the other side of town. Also how do I "set up" my bike for the track? Is there a FAQ that explains what kind of tape to use? How should I or even do I need set up the suspension? Am I just over thinking this whole thing?
lb3tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #432
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

Motorcycles Unlimited can get you fitted and answer all your questions and set up your suspension. We ride bikes, we ride to ride, so what if Motorcycles Unlimited is on the other side of town, ride your bike down there so that they can get your suspesion set up.

Painters tape works well. You can also use ducktape, pick a color that matches your bike, if you want. Pull the fuses on your lights so that the heat does not make the tape stick even more, put the tape on the night before and pull it off at the end of the day so that there is not as much residue left behind.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #433
lb3tx

Bike(s):
ZX10

I just saw the Track Day Guide.... I should have looked first.
lb3tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #434
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

Brandon will be at the track on 3/3. He can do a base line setup on your suspenion .........trust me for most people it makes a ton of differance.

They have track lesther for rent. Just call them 281-444-0545 and give them you size(height and weight) and they will have the gear at the track waiting for you...........Its that easy. And if later you want to buy a set of leathers they sell the rentals after 4-5 rents for a great dicount!

great people and great service!!!! Bar none
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement