MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #261
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
We don't want anyone leaving frustrated because you didn't get the help you needed. Use and abuse all the resources availabe to you.
Ok - can I take your bike out for a few laps?
You can follow on mine...
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From One Trackday Noob to Another Wormgear Taking it to the Track 19 08-19-2008 05:00 PM
NOOB Trackday 8/4 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 79 07-11-2007 03:18 AM
NOOB Trackday info Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 95 05-15-2007 05:24 PM
NOOB Trackday 3/3 Buck Beasley General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 02-02-2007 04:49 PM
(more) Noob Trackday Photos ArturoC General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 08-26-2006 09:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #262
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Ok - can I take your bike out for a few laps?
You can follow on mine...
:laughing6:laughing6 Squeaky, Squeaky, Squeaky
Ok, side note - My personal bike is not an available resource. :laughing6:laughing6
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #263
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
There are a few people I am thinking are a little to fast for noob day:eh:
Not I.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #264
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
see then you shouldnt be out there!
Don't worry Brena, JonEric really is a trackday noob still like he claims. He won't be stuffing you in any corners or anything (if he does, I'll ref while you beat him up:laughing6 j/k). He does ride a fast bike but he is within the time limits Buck has set, and I know because I rode with him at his first trackday. He and I plan to work on a few things that day so the next time he'll be ready to lay the smack down!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #265
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Don't worry Brena, JonEric really is a trackday noob still like he claims. He won't be stuffing you in any corners or anything (if he does, I'll ref while you beat him up:laughing6 j/k). He does ride a fast bike but he is within the time limits Buck has set, and I know because I rode with him at his first trackday. He and I plan to work on a few things that day so the next time he'll be ready to lay the smack down!
You guys better call for backup if you want a piece of me. :laughing6

I dont know my lap times but if you say I am 2:20 then I am 2:20 b/c I dont have a timer. I cannot wait to work with you Mulatto.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #266
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
:laughing6:laughing6 Squeaky, Squeaky, Squeaky
Ok, side note - My personal bike is not an available resource. :laughing6:laughing6
Well you DID say to ask... Worst you could do was say no. :eh:

I think Josh or his brother might let me take a spin on theirs (Nikki is pimping out bikes that aren't even hers!). I'm really just looking to get a feel for the track on a sportbike vs. my big 'ol tractor. When I had my SV I never got to do a track day.

The whole point of track time for me is to get to know my bike better and to become a better street rider on it, so I have no desire to do a full day on a sportbike or to even consider getting one for myself.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #267
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):

Quote:

The whole point of track time for me is to get to know my bike better and to become a better street rider on it,
Excellent reason to do a trackday. I slowed way down on the street after riding my bike on the track.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #268
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
Excellent reason to do a trackday. I slowed way down on the street after riding my bike on the track.
Well, my bike doesn't go all that fast anyway...

But after a track day what I noticed was how much more planted the bike felt - I was learning to lean and move around on it in such a way that I wasn't disturbing the balance anymore. I wasn't fighting gravity and the gyroscope effect like I used to.

I also learned to trust my tires. I used to think that if I leaned it over far enough to scrape a peg I was close to letting go on the side tread. I know now that is not the case, and it's up to me to compensate for the lack of lean angle afforded on the tall bike.

...that said, I still want to try a sportbike for a few laps.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #269
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

1. Josh (Josh 302)
2. Luke (^brother)
3. Nichole (50cc chick)
4. Michael (maskale)
5. Tony (HouseofPain)
6. Jon Eric (JonEric0430)
7. Kenneth (buddha429)
8 Mike (mnovell)
9. Allan (stlal)
10. Patricia (faylaricia)
11. Fabian (HoustonsR6)
12. Jay (OJGsxr)
12. sabrena ( Brena23)
13. BJ (Andre3k)
14. Sassy Chassis - REGISTERED BUT NOT SURE YET
15. Yankee
16. Tim (RRChic's better half)
Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #270
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750

Send a message via MSN to Irish
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic
1. Josh (Josh 302)
2. Luke (^brother)
3. Nichole (50cc chick)
4. Michael (maskale)
5. Tony (HouseofPain)
6. Jon Eric (JonEric0430)
7. Kenneth (buddha429)
8 Mike (mnovell)
9. Allan (stlal)
10. Patricia (faylaricia)
11. Fabian (HoustonsR6)
12. Jay (OJGsxr)
12. sabrena ( Brena23)
13. BJ (Andre3k)
14. Sassy Chassis - REGISTERED BUT NOT SURE YET
15. Yankee
16. Tim (RRChic's better half)
17. Garreth (Irish)

Count me in
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #271
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
17. Garreth (Irish)

Count me in
Garreth is WAY faster than me..........passed me about 100 times at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on 2/5.
You all will do fine
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #272
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Garreth is WAY faster than me..........passed me about 100 times at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on 2/5.
You all will do fine
After reading the entire thread I just realized ther is a waiting list. Looks like I will wait for the next one.

No way Clyde you just slowed down to mak eme feel better lol
Old 02-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #273
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
After reading the entire thread I just realized ther is a waiting list. Looks like I will wait for the next one.

No way Clyde you just slowed down to mak eme feel better lol
It still wouldn't hurt to get on the waiting list. You never know what could come up in other people's lives between now and then that might open a spot for you.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #274
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750

Quote:
It still wouldn't hurt to get on the waiting list. You never know what could come up in other people's lives between now and then that might open a spot for you.

yeah I emailed Buck so I'll be on the waiting list.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #275
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
OK not to sound like a B****, which yall are use to from me anyways, LOL!!! But I am sitting here reading on and on about who goes faster than so and so, and who is a more expieranced than the person that just passed them....with all this talk this track day yall are making it sound like yall are going out to compete against eachother.
Now personally I have been riding dirt pretty much growing up, and have been on street bikes for 3 years. I plan on going into this track day with an open mind to learn things NOT worry about who is passing me and oh there goes so and so I better catch up. I am going to learn and worry about me and how to be aware and alert. So honestly I hope this NOOB track day doesn't turn out like a competion. And YES there will be people out there who have ridden a track day once or twice and may go faster than me, but maybe they wanna get a few more classroom sessions and pointers before they are fed to the "big dog" track day.
just my 2 cents, take it or leave it!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 AM   #276
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:

I think Josh or his brother might let me take a spin on theirs (Nikki is pimping out bikes that aren't even hers!).
ummmm....you can ride my Aprilia Ride Smart 50 if it's still around, you'll just be down grading from a tractor to a hedge trimmer :laughing6
Old 02-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #277
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

you guys are worrying about the wrong things, remember one thing if you remember nothing else.

Ride YOUR ride, whats comfortable for you, don't worry about trying to follow someone if you feel that it's too much for you b/c you'll find out after it's too late that you are in trouble. Stay relaxed and have a good time doing what you do not what others want you to do.

You guys keep saying that he or she's too fast for this trackday, let Buck be the judge of that. That's what he's for. There is always gonna be someone faster than the fastest guy you know.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #278
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
you guys are worrying about the wrong things, remember one thing if you remember nothing else.

Ride YOUR ride, whats comfortable for you, don't worry about trying to follow someone if you feel that it's too much for you b/c you'll find out after it's too late that you are in trouble. Stay relaxed and have a good time doing what you do not what others want you to do.

You guys keep saying that he or she's too fast for this trackday, let Buck be the judge of that. That's what he's for. There is always gonna be someone faster than the fastest guy you know.
+1 Amen
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #279
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
OK not to sound like a B****, which yall are use to from me anyways, LOL!!! But I am sitting here reading on and on about who goes faster than so and so, and who is a more expieranced than the person that just passed them....with all this talk this track day yall are making it sound like yall are going out to compete against eachother.
Now personally I have been riding dirt pretty much growing up, and have been on street bikes for 3 years. I plan on going into this track day with an open mind to learn things NOT worry about who is passing me and oh there goes so and so I better catch up. I am going to learn and worry about me and how to be aware and alert. So honestly I hope this NOOB track day doesn't turn out like a competion. And YES there will be people out there who have ridden a track day once or twice and may go faster than me, but maybe they wanna get a few more classroom sessions and pointers before they are fed to the "big dog" track day.
just my 2 cents, take it or leave it!!!

Smartest post I've seen here yet.............move to the head of the class!!! If you show up with this mentallity we can definately help you. Listen, and don't be afraid to apply what the instructors are telling you. If you can do that, you will see MARKED improvement before lunch. Not everyone drags knee. I raced pretty competitivly for two years and always had shiny pucks the whole time. It will come with time and comfort. The video will be a huge help by allowing us to show you the difference between what you feel you are doing, vs. what you are ACTUALLY doing. You guys are going to have a blast. The purpose of the day is KNOWLEDGE, and APPLICATION. Good post 50cc chick.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #280
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Smartest post I've seen here yet.............move to the head of the class!!! If you show up with this mentallity we can definately help you. Listen, and don't be afraid to apply what the instructors are telling you. If you can do that, you will see MARKED improvement before lunch. Not everyone drags knee. I raced pretty competitivly for two years and always had shiny pucks the whole time. It will come with time and comfort. The video will be a huge help by allowing us to show you the difference between what you feel you are doing, vs. what you are ACTUALLY doing. You guys are going to have a blast. The purpose of the day is KNOWLEDGE, and APPLICATION. Good post 50cc chick.
:icon_bigg Thank you!!! I was just getting tired of the BS talk!!!

Advertisement