MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Think of the mental capacity of a scooter rider. They are not going to get a joke like that
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scooters daremoride Events, Meets and Rides 5 03-31-2015 08:30 AM
Scooters MoreyFan General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 03-03-2014 04:28 PM
Thank For Scooters Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 07-27-2013 07:48 PM
Scooters? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 01-23-2013 07:02 PM
Scooters can be cool sometimes.... eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-27-2011 07:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
CBRguyIZcool
UkrainianSicilian100%Nerd
 
CBRguyIZcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 931


Bike(s):
H-D Sportster 48









Send a message via AIM to CBRguyIZcool
Scooters are fun, bunch of judgemental wavers in this thread.
CBRguyIZcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
blaknwite
Senior Member
 
blaknwite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 246

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
KTM SuperDuke
SV650 Track
Shuttleworth 500
Ninja 250
Aprilia SR50 DiTech






in the right hands;
Scooter = Urban Assault Vehicle
And for the haters, I've never seen anyone on a scooter in Chaps. Just sayin'...
blaknwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






..
__________________
2i6dh51
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #25
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








isn't a ruckus just a scooter without a body on it?
So... it's the street fighter of the scooter world.


If I did more around the neighborhood (within 3 freeway exits) riding, I'd consider a ruckus.
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











Ruck the planet!

I need to get mine rolling again. I haven't gotten my ruck on in forever.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
It isn't necessary to be such a when getting your point across.
Consider this the first of a very short list of warnings.
I see someone needs to get a sense of humor.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I see someone needs to get a sense of humor.
No, you just need to follow the rules agreed upon when you registered on this site. Apparently there has been problems with you in the past, so you should take Helios' post a bit more serious if you want to continue to be a part of this community
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







I want the PS250 aka Big Ruckus
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
speedoeffect
Senior Member
 
speedoeffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 199

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr









got three of them. And faster than most of this board on two of them. LOL Chicks dig them, the insecure and and teenage boys hate>
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
No, you just need to follow the rules agreed upon when you registered on this site. Apparently there has been problems with you in the past, so you should take Helios' post a bit more serious if you want to continue to be a part of this community
You're right - I'm so ashamed...

Now that I've been properly chastised...




















(Seriously? There are people here who are THAT uptight and insecure?)
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoeffect View Post
got three of them. And faster than most of this board on two of them. LOL Chicks dig them, the insecure and and teenage boys hate>
What are the rental rates
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
speedoeffect
Senior Member
 
speedoeffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 199

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
What are the rental rates
Taken in Corona's
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,117

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
(Seriously? There are people here who are THAT uptight and insecure?)
Not us scooter riders, we are thick skinned and can laugh at ourselves. haha You know what they say about scooter riders and fat chicks don't you. Fun to ride just don't let your friends see you.

Funny scooter story here. Background is I've owned 4 Yamaha Vino 125's over the past 5 years. No distance riding especially since they shared saddle time with my other bikes but I would regularly go for 60-80 mile loops in the country. Near the entrance of one local park I would frequently see the same 15 to 16 year girl in the yard and walking on the road. I'm ATTGATT with a retro styled leather jacket, purple high top Chuck Taylor Con's and a silver mirrored helmet shield. She was a real cutie and would give me the biggest smile whenever I passed by. The kind of smile inviting me to stop and give her a ride would be my interpretation and which I would have done 35 years ago. So after about the 5th time this happened I finally slowed down and lifted my modular helmet showing her my 50 year old white bearded and mustached face. Hahaha her face turned to tomato red so fast I thought it was going to explode. After that I didn't see her as much but when I did I would honk my horn and she would still get red every time.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #35
speedoeffect
Senior Member
 
speedoeffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 199

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Not us scooter riders, we are thick skinned and can laugh at ourselves. haha You know what they say about scooter riders and fat chicks don't you. Fun to ride just don't let your friends see you.

Funny scooter story here. Background is I've owned 4 Yamaha Vino 125's over the past 5 years. No distance riding especially since they shared saddle time with my other bikes but I would regularly go for 60-80 mile loops in the country. Near the entrance of one local park I would frequently see the same 15 to 16 year girl in the yard and walking on the road. I'm ATTGATT with a retro styled leather jacket, purple high top Chuck Taylor Con's and a silver mirrored helmet shield. She was a real cutie and would give me the biggest smile whenever I passed by. The kind of smile inviting me to stop and give her a ride would be my interpretation and which I would have done 35 years ago. So after about the 5th time this happened I finally slowed down and lifted my modular helmet showing her my 50 year old white bearded and mustached face. Hahaha her face turned to tomato red so fast I thought it was going to explode. After that I didn't see her as much but when I did I would honk my horn and she would still get red every time.

_
When I get attention from young ladies while on the sport bike I often think. (If she knew that I'm close to her dad's age, she'd probably puke in her mouth a bit)
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #36
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











LOL
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Not us scooter riders, we are thick skinned and can laugh at ourselves. haha You know what they say about scooter riders and fat chicks don't you. Fun to ride just don't let your friends see you.

_
I would hope you could.

Honestly, some scooters are pretty bad . I could see me having a Ruckus just for the of it - heck, i only commute 5 miles round trip every day. I actually like some of the bigger ones like the Silver Wing and the Burgman. 650 and the TMax. (although thats typical Yamaha quirkiness..monster motor in something that REALLY shouldn't go that fast ala V-Max...)
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I would hope you could.

Honestly, some scooters are pretty bad . I could see me having a Ruckus just for the of it - heck, i only commute 5 miles round trip every day. I actually like some of the bigger ones like the Silver Wing and the Burgman. 650 and the TMax. (although thats typical Yamaha quirkiness..monster motor in something that REALLY shouldn't go that fast ala V-Max...)
Too much power in that scooter for you.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #39
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,117

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoeffect View Post
When I get attention from young ladies while on the sport bike I often think. (If she knew that I'm close to her dad's age, she'd probably puke in her mouth a bit)
You might be surprised as to her real reaction. Lots of curiosity there. You know what they say "Once you go old, you never go...." I forgot what I was going to say, early stage Alzheimer's . haha

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #40
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






I will wheelie a scooter longer then most could anything else, its all about fun, we have drunken jousting matches on scooters all the time. They can get some good air too! Anything on 2 wheels is fun, now would a scooter be my one motorcycle? no, but they all have a purpose.
__________________
Danny
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy