Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

:: 05 GSXR 750 ::
:: 07 SV650S ::
:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

spies comments more on endurance race

ben did a writeup for sbkplanet and takes a moment to look back at his "victory endurance race" with schwantz & jamie james...

We did that endurance race I'd mentioned at the end of the season. Kevin Schwantz, Jamie James and myself riding.

We blew the bike up in about the fourth hour of a six-hour race. We started off, no one had had any time on the bike. I started from dead last on the second wave, and by about the fifth or sixth lap, we were up in the lead and put a pretty good gap on everybody. Then we pitted, and when we were in the pits, they threw the red flag. So we had to start from dead last again, and came up and went to the front again, and they threw another red flag and we stripped a sprocket out. Basically, Kevin Schwantz jumped in front of the start before they could start everybody. Everybody's on the grid, and they've got the two board up, and everybody's about to take off, and we're still in the pits. I'm trying to get on the bike and he's jumping up in front of everybody making the "Time Out" sign. "Let's stop this for a second!" Trying to get everybody to let us back in the race. So we got back out there and then just slowly blew up the bike and came to a standstill. It started blowing up in the fourth hour, and by the fifth hour we had SV650s passing us in the straights, so that's when we retired. We weren't going anywhere. But we all had a whole lot of fun. We got to ride motorcycles, so of course it was pretty fun.

full article here:

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 02-01-2007 at 08:17 AM.