MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Marcus McBain

Feedback Rating: (0)

RPSRaceTeam.com newsletter

We put out our first newletter. August and September's will be out in the next few weeks after proofing. We tried to give a good "snapshot" of how the team works. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.rpsraceteam.com/News/SEPTEMBER_21_12.htm
Marcus McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newsletter Luke Motorcycles Unlimited 0 09-14-2012 11:06 AM
CMRA's The Inside Line Newsletter from MSR Houston Racer997 Taking it to the Track 1 03-23-2012 01:27 PM
Fastline Newsletter KawiGirl28 Forum Updates & Feedback 15 05-25-2011 06:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

So what happened to the track venture off 105?, congrats on the newsletter
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Marcus McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
So what happened to the track venture off 105?, congrats on the newsletter

I am still working on it. Believe it or not, the Austin track situation has helped me as several guys that said "no" to funding are seeing what I said would happen, so it really has helped. Since the crash of 2007-2008, there is no institutional financing that is realistically available. At the the same time, the "private equity" people are "car guys".

Like I said, since 2008 it is almost impossible to get a land based development loan which has hurt what I am trying to get done. Additionally, all the public financing I setup and the way I did it was for one reason. I have to build a track as high quality as Barber, but it has to be able to rent for 3($K)-8($K) a day...period.

The public financing makes up the gap of what tracks like Barber charge. If you talk to anyone that has ever run a race, trackday, or school, the thought of having to rent the track for 10($K) - 25($K) makes businesses have to take on a lot more risk, and the chance for success goes down 95%.

In the meantime, while I wait to get the track done I am throwing a lot of my energy back into Danny Kelsey and the things I was getting kicked off with the team in 2007 & 2008.

Marcus

Last edited by Marcus McBain; 09-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Marcus McBain

(SORRY, TRIED TO EDIT THE REPLY TO MY "FULL ANSWER" ON THE PREVIOUS REPLY, BUT STOPPED LETTING ME)

I am still working on it. Believe it or not, the Austin track situation has helped me as several guys that said "no" to funding are seeing what I said would happen, so it really has helped. Since the crash of 2007-2008, there is no institutional financing that is realistically available. At the the same time, the "private equity" people are "car guys".

Like I said, since 2008 it is almost impossible to get a land based development loan which has hurt what I am trying to get done. Additionally, all the public financing I setup and the way I did it was for one reason. I have to build a track as high quality as Barber, but it has to be able to rent for 3($K)-8($K) a day...period.

The public financing makes up the gap of what tracks like Barber charge. If you talk to anyone that has ever run a race, trackday, or school, the thought of having to rent the track for 10($K) - 25($K) makes businesses have to take on a lot more risk, and the chance for success goes down 95%.

Lastly, since I have to deal with "car guys", they are mostly used to losing money on what they do. Most of them look at what I am doing and then tell me, "well lyou need to do this, this, and this..." When I reply it can't make money if we do it that way, they get ...and leave. The "car guys" that I have talked to are used to spending (losing) anywhere from 100($K) a year to 5($M) a year. They have never once thought about doing their endeavors AND be profitable.

That is the delay. I have a fantastic buisness model, but I have to deal with people that are more intrested in "what they want" rather than a "reasonable business model".

In the meantime, while I wait to get the track done I am throwing a lot of my energy back into Danny Kelsey and the things I was getting kicked off with the team in 2007 & 2008.

Marcus

Last edited by Marcus McBain; 09-22-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Trying to figure it out
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Thanks for doing what you are doing and the explanation, good luck with your ventures
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote