MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #121
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable for him to have never heard the sirens or noticed the cops behind him...up until the point he went to exit. Even if he didn't turn his head to make sure he was clear to exit (which would be stupid), there's no way he would have gotten into the parking lot and into the shop without noticing by that point.
Exit what? Have you ever ridden down Old Galveston Rd?
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike hit an runner caught! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-03-2011 10:56 AM
Another runner wiayeman General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 01-11-2011 02:03 PM
another runner RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-09-2006 03:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #122
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





LOL, have any of you speculators ridden down Old Galveston Rd to 2WheelToyz? Maybe he jumped the railroad track and landed in the back parking lot
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #123
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,677

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Oh, and FWIW, all you guy's speculation goes out the window as soon as the officer testifies the rider turned and looked at him, and accelerated away.

It's a non-issue.

There's not much chance at all of him not being aware, honestly.
Surely an officer wouldn't testify that such a thing happened if it really didn't, would he?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #124
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
For a traffic stop? Please

I said there were at least 6 HPD units. I'll check the video and count them and give you an update Monday afternoon
If the one cop called it a chase on the radio AT LEAST six cops would show up after the fact, easily. To assist on a chase that ends before it begins means they get to sit on scene for awhile doing nothing, and then don't have to do a report either. Win/win.
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #125
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Surely an officer wouldn't testify that such a thing happened if it really didn't, would he?
and riders never, ever lie
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #126
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
LOL, have any of you speculators ridden down Old Galveston Rd to 2WheelToyz? Maybe he jumped the railroad track and landed in the back parking lot
I have, which is exactly why I think its possible. (to not realize you're being pulled over, not to jump the RR tracks into the parking lot. )
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #127
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
If the one cop called it a chase on the radio AT LEAST six cops would show up after the fact, easily. To assist on a chase that ends before it begins means they get to sit on scene for awhile doing nothing, and then don't have to do a report either. Win/win.
Well, they showed up pretty fast. I was a witness. Did you bother to read what 2WheelToyz posted?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #128
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
Sure, riding a track bike on the street is illegal and stupid. That doesn't make you a runner though. I'd guess coming sown HWY 3 you could easily be doing 70mph without being ridiculous about it. Yes, its quite reasonable for a cop to try and pull you over without you realizing it.

This may or may not be the case. The fact that a whirly-popper is involved would make me think that it was NOT the case, unless he just happened to already be overhead.

Also, 6 cops at the scene of an arrest =/= 6 cops involved in the "chase".

I'll admit to throwing the 6 cops in for effect since it was just 6 at the scene according to Bevo.

But, From the way 2 Wheel Toyz posted it sounded like the dude was running ("race on the track not the street") and the general " the police" "Man, they're just hating on another rider" is coming out and clouding normal thinking.

If I was on my track bike on the open road I would be paying MORE attention to what was going on around me since I couldn't see with mirrors.

The more reasonable story to me is...He ran from the cops and was able to put more distance on them so the HPD / News copter (they work together) were radio called in for a reason. Dude got off the free way (assuming he was going south) and ducked into 2 Wheel Toyz and tried to get the bike out of sight. If he was heading north add a U-turn in there. If he wasn't on a free way and using city streets I would normally assume the traffic would be a little thicker he wouldn't have time to get away or HE WOULD HAVE NOTICED THE COPS while stopping/slowing for a cross street light and looking for a clear way thru traffic.

Assuming a freeway chase, had you of been casually riding to work when you exited the freeway, the chasing police officers would have been UP YOUR . You would've surely had known by then that something was up and you would've stopped. At least most people would have. You wouldn't have rolled your bike into the shop and started making an clothes change.

I don't know this guy and I don't give a . I'm just looking at it from a logical and REASONABLE standpoint. You guys are fishing like a mother .

As I said. We're looking at the riding that someone does when they run from the cops Vs what someone does under normal riding conditions. Under normal riding he would have known the police where there. It's just logical to think that. It's also logical to think that had he of not put distance on the police by riding like he was running from the cops, by the time he got into the lot they would have been on him. That is also just logical.

You can't play the he didn't know car, under ANY condition because it doesn't make logical sense. Period.

If you're driving slow you'd know. Logical.

If you're driving like a guy running from the cops it's BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE COPS ARE BEHIND YOU!!! Also logical.

Headphones, no mirrors and loud exhaust aren't a trump card in this case.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #129
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCommuter View Post
Yeah try to tell an officer that when they have you laying across the hood of a patrol car that's been running all day in South Texas while your wrists are in cuffs behind your back.
You argue in court, not in cuffs.
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #130
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
You argue in court, not in cuffs.
true..

facepalm chinese123
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #131
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





It was at least 6 cops plus the Fox Unit. I don't want to exaggerate or guess. I can let you all know on Monday
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #132
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey
 
SpeedCheeser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston - Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8,550

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves









Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
Exit what? Have you ever ridden down Old Galveston Rd?
My bad, thought we were talking a freeway. That's hwy 3, right?

, that seems like it would just make it even more unlikely then, with lights to worry about and everything and the turn onto Main/Spencer.
__________________
avatar44755 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #133
CantDecide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 296

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ninja250
2009 GSXR600
2009 ZX10R







Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Fixed. And if you think its the other way you probably haven't been around a judicial system much.
If the (riding) gloves dont fit you must acquit
CantDecide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #134
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
My bad, thought we were talking a freeway. That's hwy 3, right?

, that seems like it would just make it even more unlikely then, with lights to worry about and everything and the turn onto Main/Spencer.
I don't know that area. I just figured it was freeway, too. So yeah. It just makes all the more sense that he knew and these guys here...well...yah.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #135
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
I have, which is exactly why I think its possible. (to not realize you're being pulled over, not to jump the RR tracks into the parking lot. )
You'd have to be hauling and make all the lights to have time to get off your bike, take off your helmet, your shirt, and push the bike into the shop before the cop that was behind you, tackled you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #136
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
I'll admit to throwing the 6 cops in for effect since it was just 6 at the scene according to Bevo.

But, From the way 2 Wheel Toyz posted it sounded like the dude was running ("race on the track not the street") and the general " the police" "Man, they're just hating on another rider" is coming out and clouding normal thinking.

If I was on my track bike on the open road I would be paying MORE attention to what was going on around me since I couldn't see with mirrors.

The more reasonable story to me is...He ran from the cops and was able to put more distance on them so the HPD / News copter (they work together) were radio called in for a reason. Dude got off the free way (assuming he was going south) and ducked into 2 Wheel Toyz and tried to get the bike out of sight. If he was heading north add a U-turn in there. If he wasn't on a free way and using city streets I would normally assume the traffic would be a little thicker he wouldn't have time to get away or HE WOULD HAVE NOTICED THE COPS while stopping/slowing for a cross street light and looking for a clear way thru traffic.
Also reasonable.
Quote:
Assuming a freeway chase, had you of been casually riding to work when you exited the freeway, the chasing police officers would have been UP YOUR . You would've surely had known by then that something was up and you would've stopped. At least most people would have. You wouldn't have rolled your bike into the shop and started making an clothes change.
If you throw in the freeway chase (which I have no idea where people are getting that, as it was stated he was speeding down Old Galveston) then I agree that there is no way he made it down the freeway and to 2 WHLTYZ without knowing the cop was there.
Quote:
I don't know this guy and I don't give a . I'm just looking at it from a logical and REASONABLE standpoint. You guys are fishing like a mother .
I've bought stuff from him and talked to him while I'm in the store, but really don't care either way. I am certainly not a FTP guy. I am however one who has seen the shortcomings of HPD and know that their story isn't always the whole truth.
Quote:
As I said. We're looking at the riding that someone does when they run from the cops Vs what someone does under normal riding conditions. Under normal riding he would have known the police where there. It's just logical to think that. It's also logical to think that had he of not put distance on the police by riding like he was running from the cops, by the time he got into the lot they would have been on him. That is also just logical.
He could have been late for work and speeding (which would also account for the quick entrance and clothing change). That doesn't make him a runner. Again, I don't know for sure. We have hardly any details. I'm just offering plausible alternatives.
Quote:
If you're driving slow you'd know. Logical.

If you're driving like a guy running from the cops it's BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE COPS ARE BEHIND YOU!!! Also logical.
Again, he could have been late for work and speeding, which is vastly different than running.
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #137
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You'd have to be hauling and make all the lights to have time to get off your bike, take off your helmet, your shirt, and push the bike into the shop before the cop that was behind you, tackled you
TAKE THIS LOGICAL THINKING OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!

If up the " the police hassling another safe and friendly rider" thinking.

You know better...
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #138
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








I like to pop wheelies here and there to keep the fun!

He was just been young and dumb, I've been there and done that. we all learn one way or another!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #139
spartandude
Custom User Title
 
spartandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere near houston, ish.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,947

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Dude got off the free way (assuming he was going south) and ducked into 2 Wheel Toyz and tried to get the bike out of sight. If he was heading north add a U-turn in there.
Aaron, I think you have the wrong location in your head. 2 Wheel Toyz is way away from I-45, you may be thinking of cycle gear or mancuso.

Oh, and for the unfortunate: play stupid games win stupid prizes.
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #140
jwreck
Senior Member
 
jwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 982


Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCommuter View Post
For traffic violations you're actually guilty until proven innocent. The last time you went to traffic court, how much "work" did the DA have to do to prosecute your case? Exactly. YOU have to do the work to prove that the officer who is seen as "a friend of the court" is incorrect.

If someone has a reasonable explanation otherwise then I'd love to hear it. I know that its supposedly the other way around but in reality how it works is as I stated.
STill, arguing at the scene is a terrible idea. Save it for court.
__________________
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy