MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
dead2writes
Rebel Without a Clause

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki Boulevard M-50

Lightbulb Weekly Cruiser Ride/Night? Let Me Know You're Interested and I'll Set One Up

MY FELLOW LAIDBACK BRETHREN

Everyone is talking about getting a weekly cruiser ride going over in our much-neglected corner of the forums, but so far nobody's taken the initiative to actually make a move.

So, I'm pretty new around here, but I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in doing a weekly cruiser ride. I know a few good routes out near Katy and up near Hempstead that we could tackle, or we could pick a designated meeting spot (I just moved to the city this summer, so I don't know all the best places but I do know a few). So my question is this:

IF YOU WANT A CRUISER RIDE NIGHT/EVENING/DAY, WHAT NIGHT/AREA OF THE CITY WOULD WORK BEST FOR YOU?
I'M TOTALLY COOL WITH BAR-HOPPING.

IDEALLY, I WANT TO HAVE AN EVENT SET UP BY THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 30TH (2 WEEKS FROM NOW)

IF I CAN GET AT LEAST 5 PEOPLE WILLING TO MEET IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA ON THE SAME DAY, I WILL GO AHEAD AND GET THIS STARTED. GOOD TIMES WILL BE HAD BY ALL. I'LL EVEN TRY TO GET FREE STICKERS/SHIRTS, BECAUSE I'M COOL LIKE THAT.

Last edited by dead2writes; 09-21-2012 at 09:19 AM.
dead2writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekly Over 50 Bike Night: South Side bumblebee Events, Meets and Rides 13 12-11-2012 10:06 AM
W Weekly 21 and under bike night: West Houston FowleR6 Events, Meets and Rides 98 12-11-2012 04:11 AM
Would you attend a weekly/bi-weekly Baytown meet? Solracer Events, Meets and Rides 29 10-02-2012 09:21 AM
Cruiser's Wed. Night Out 6/29 Meet/Greet/Ride Big_E Events, Meets and Rides 15 06-29-2011 11:29 PM
Weekly Meet and Greet has been set up Big_E Cruisers Lounge 6 06-24-2011 11:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

how old r ya?
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

If you want to do one just post it up. When asking for opinions you'll get 20 different ones from 10 different people, trust me. Post it up for whichever day you think is a good idea then go from there. Those who can show probably will. If not you'll just get alot of talk with nothing definite.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
dead2writes
Rebel Without a Clause

Bike(s):

I'm about to be 24, haha. Edited the thread appropriately
Old 09-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

hmmmm maybe, depending on location lol
Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
LillianAMS
Red Nightingale

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha V-star 650 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead2writes View Post
MY FELLOW LAIDBACK BRETHREN

and sistren...

Quote:
So, I'm pretty new around here...

welcome to mh

Quote:
IF YOU WANT A CRUISER RIDE NIGHT/EVENING/DAY, WHAT NIGHT/AREA OF THE CITY WOULD WORK BEST FOR YOU?

Saturdays during the day, in fact morning, would be my preference. I'm straight up 45 on the far north side.

Quote:
I'M TOTALLY COOL WITH BAR-HOPPING.

I am not at all cool with bar-hopping. I rarely drink, and never when I ride, and my love of pretzels and peanuts notwithstanding, whether *I* drink or not in any given bar, I don't think I want to ride next to someone who's been drinking anything more than diet Coke. No offense. To each his own.

Quote:
IDEALLY, I WANT TO HAVE AN EVENT SET UP BY THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 30TH (2 WEEKS FROM NOW)

I have family obligations and need a couple of weeks, ideally, to make plans for a long-ish or whole day's ride; but I'd love to take one. Sept 30th is a decent distance in the future and holds promise.

Quote:
IF I CAN GET AT LEAST 5 PEOPLE WILLING TO MEET IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA ON THE SAME DAY, I WILL GO AHEAD AND GET THIS STARTED. GOOD TIMES WILL BE HAD BY ALL. I'LL EVEN TRY TO GET FREE STICKERS/SHIRTS, BECAUSE I'M COOL LIKE THAT.

nice of you

so let's see how this turns out
Old 09-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillianAMS View Post
and sistren...

welcome to mh

Saturdays during the day, in fact morning, would be my preference. I'm straight up 45 on the far north side.

I am not at all cool with bar-hopping. I rarely drink, and never when I ride, and my love of pretzels and peanuts notwithstanding, whether *I* drink or not in any given bar, I don't think I want to ride next to someone who's been drinking anything more than diet Coke. No offense. To each his own.

I have family obligations and need a couple of weeks, ideally, to make plans for a long-ish or whole day's ride; but I'd love to take one. Sept 30th is a decent distance in the future and holds promise.

nice of you

so let's see how this turns out
^^ here is one of those opinions j.e. Hurst was talking about.

Like he said, set up the meet and just wait to see who shows. I don't know why the cruisers keep wanting to Separate themselves from the rest. I would love to have all bikes come out to the meet here in Katy. We already get motards and scooters. Some cruisers here and there.

but that's my opinion, we are all on 2 wheels, even some come out on 3 lol

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by NewRider; 09-21-2012 at 06:57 PM.
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

same reason peeps do naked rides. change of scenery.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
That doesn't make sense.

If you ride a cruiser a change of scenery would be a different bike group...

A change of scenery would be a bunch of mixture of all types of bikes...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

most of the time its all sportbikes.

scooters? maybe 2 mine and valentina, once.

cruisers? maybe 2 if that.

would be cool to hang out with cruisers who aint in a club.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
most of the time its all sportbikes.

scooters? maybe 2 mine and valentina, once.

cruisers? maybe 2 if that.

would be cool to hang out with cruisers who aint in a club.
I don't have a sports bike and don't mind that it's mostly sports bikes...

Maybe if the cruisers stopped being separatist there would be more of them coming...

It's not like we are doing triple digits when we ride or not doing some of the same things.

I'm all about unity...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

i agree in unity.

howeva, cruising in a cruiser isnt to the wall till u get to 80. real cruisin is relaxed pace till you get to 70-75 ans chillon two abreast.

they obviously are being separatists cause we dont see em.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
i agree in unity.

howeva, cruising in a cruiser isnt to the wall till u get to 80. real cruisin is relaxed pace till you get to 70-75.

they obviously are being separatists cause we dont see em.
And I guess why they can't ever just get it together to have a meet...

Or they just start a club...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
LillianAMS
Red Nightingale

Bike(s):

only group ride I've managed to get to was a noob ride organized by thayleal

I was the only cruiser and I was perfectly happy

but I do feel like I slow sporties down; I ended up near the back for most of the time

I'm not a separatist, but it wouldn't hurt my feelins to have some cruzers to cruz with, is all
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
dead2writes
Rebel Without a Clause

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
And I guess why they can't ever just get it together to have a meet...

Or they just start a club...
Hey man,

I love going out the sport bike meets. I went last week to the SE meet and I'm gonna go to the SE meet again this week, and every week following.

However, it's true that riding a cruiser makes you feel like you slow sporty riders down. Everyone's real cool about it, which is why I love MotoHouston, but it is what it is. I'm like a manatee swimming with dolphins.

I'm not saying sport bikes can't get in on this ride either. In fact, I would love it if sport bikes joined us. But it would be a nice change of pace to have more than a few cruisers for once - hence advertising to the cruiser crowd.

I'm no separatist. I'll ride with whoever whenever. But I don't see the harm in getting a weekly thing together tailored for the people who top out at 80mph indicated and can't corner for .

That said, I agree with Josh. This thread isn't getting me anywhere. After I ask some questions at the next weekly meet, I'll set up a ride for two weeks after.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Hey man,

I love going out the sport bike meets. I went last week to the SE meet and I'm gonna go to the SE meet again this week, and every week following.

However, it's true that riding a cruiser makes you feel like you slow sporty riders down. Everyone's real cool about it, which is why I love MotoHouston, but it is what it is. I'm like a manatee swimming with dolphins.

I'm not saying sport bikes can't get in on this ride either. In fact, I would love it if sport bikes joined us. But it would be a nice change of pace to have more than a few cruisers for once - hence advertising to the cruiser crowd.

I'm no separatist. I'll ride with whoever whenever. But I don't see the harm in getting a weekly thing together tailored for the people who top out at 80mph indicated and can't corner for .

That said, I agree with Josh. This thread isn't getting me anywhere. After I ask some questions at the next weekly meet, I'll set up a ride for two weeks after.
Ask no questions, just set it up and just keep at it. Wether you get one response or 20...

If you build it people will come. The inactivity of cruisers on here comes up often. It's always the same, they keep waiting for someone else to do it.

I hear ya on the getting all of the same. Post up for a good spot, have a good plan together and ask no opinions from anyone, it will just get cluttered. You won't please everyone.

Good luck.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Your best bet is to just go ahead and post it up for when you want to do it. Like I said if people are available, they'll come. Post one up and see how it goes then make changes from there as needed to make it better.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
LillianAMS
Red Nightingale

Bike(s):

Quote:
The inactivity of cruisers on here comes up often. It's always the same, they keep waiting for someone else to do it.
I don't know that it's inactivity necessarily. I think that people who buy cruisers tend to be (not always, just tend to be) older. Yes, midlife. Not midlife crisis, just midlife recalibration. Like me. I'm on my first bike, which I had to wait 20 yr to get. It was worth the wait. I love the out of it. I ride every single day. Every single day. I ride to work every day. I ride rain or shine. I LOVE to ride. Almost 12K mi in 2 yr.

BUT. Partly because I'm older, maybe partly because I'm a woman, I have obligations I have to balance against wanting to hit every meet, because I DO want to. I really wish I could. I'm not inactive by a long shot, I just have to plan way in advance, and I think a lot of cruisers might be in this same boat with me. I don't think any cruiser who frequents THIS forum could be a separatist, since the vast majority of active forum members are sporties.

Welcoming, inclusive sporties, which is the great thing about it.

I answered the OP because I'm tryin to be involved.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
I do not want to see any of you mofos naked..........
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
dead2writes
Rebel Without a Clause

Bike(s):

Quote:
Ask no questions, just set it up and just keep at it. Wether you get one response or 20...

If you build it people will come. The inactivity of cruisers on here comes up often. It's always the same, they keep waiting for someone else to do it.

I hear ya on the getting all of the same. Post up for a good spot, have a good plan together and ask no opinions from anyone, it will just get cluttered. You won't please everyone.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Your best bet is to just go ahead and post it up for when you want to do it. Like I said if people are available, they'll come. Post one up and see how it goes then make changes from there as needed to make it better.

I appreciate the advice. I was just going to ask about some decent rides because I moved here this summer and am not familiar with much of the area. Here's what I'm thinking, though, because I've done this ride before and I really enjoy it.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/53...lshear-44.html

We'd meet at Jack in the Box or Burger King on 359 near I-10, take the ride and then disperse. I'm thinking like a Saturday or Sunday morning.

There are a few curves, not a lot but just enough to break up the monotony of going in a straight line. Plus my bike is kinda sporty for a and it's fun to lean it a lil' on a turn.

Advertisement